Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll let you know if I come up with anything. I'm surfing thru countless forums looking for ideas.
You were talking about fa Watermelon here. It's good with fw hard candy and/or tfa sweettangy. It makes an unusual candy watermelon because of the bit of rind flavor in fa watermelon, but I like it.

PS: I finally found this thread again. It was off my radar for ages. Almost two years on this forum and I still can't quite grasp how my alerts work. I'm "watching" this thread, but I only get alerts for it if I've recently posted.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Strawberry has me totally confused. I just had to throw out an old bottle (6 months) that was dead - it tasted vaguely of spearmint and just faintly of unripe strawberry. I ordered a new bottle from BCV (not orginal packaging, since they were out), and mixed at 4% it only tastes slightly stronger, and more like unripe strawberry than a fresh, ripe strawberry. Now I know that FA can make an amazing strawberry, because I've been vaping their Cornish Cream Tea which I ordered when I placed an order from the UK recently, and it's the best strawberry I've found to date. At the strength I vape that, according to their recipe I'm using 2.8%. Thoughts? Anyone else run into this?
Sorry if this has been covered already, but is there a US seller that has CCT?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CAP Graham Cracker has a Cinnamon taste, if that's the one you meant anyway.
Might be better off using 3% TFA Graham Cracker Clear if you have it.
NY Cheesecake is quite different from TFA CGC, it might still work but I'd only use 1-2%.

What's the dif in flavor (if any) between tfa graham cracker and graham cracker clear? Is it just a coil issue?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You were talking about fa Watermelon here. It's good with fw hard candy and/or tfa sweettangy. It makes an unusual candy watermelon because of the bit of rind flavor in fa watermelon, but I like it.

PS: I finally found this thread again. It was off my radar for ages. Almost two years on this forum and I still can't quite grasp how my alerts work. I'm "watching" this thread, but I only get alerts for it if I've recently posted.
I just picked up some FW hard candy. I have read a small % with the FA watermelon is good.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I like watermelon but I was going to try a different brand like Capella. I think I might try a watermelon jolly rancher flavor. Any ideas on a flavor for the tart? Or a candy base?

I like the CAP Sweet Watermelon better than the Double Watermelon. LA's watermelon is more like a Jolly Rancher type is that's what you're after, just make sure and buy the clear version, not the colored.

One on One makes a good Sweet and Tart Candy, it is brighter than TFA SteeTangy. I am vaping a mix with Sweet & Tart plus INW Watermelon, it's good but I should have gone with CAP, FA or LA instead for the watermelon, there is always V2.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if this has been covered already, but is there a US seller that has CCT?
@lirruping, I used the recipe from the FA website and made 10ml of my own to try....
Fresh Cream - 35%
Strawberry - 35%
Cookie - 30%

I jotted down a couple of their flavor base recipes to try as well that aren't available from US vendors.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I have a bottle of FW Hard candy getting all rusty. What % do you recommend and what else is good with it?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What's the dif in flavor (if any) between tfa graham cracker and graham cracker clear? Is it just a coil issue?

Think so...
I can't tell much difference in taste but the clear has less coloring so I suspect that's why the regular is harder on coils.
But neither one has any Cinnamon taste anyway.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a bottle of FW Hard candy getting all rusty. What % do you recommend and what else is good with it?
I've used it 2-3% mostly, I think--with other candy type flavors. You can definitely tell it's there at 2%, but if you were making a simple mix of HC + say, fa watermelon, I'd use 4% HC. If you like that jollyrancher flavor, it would probably be good with almost any fruit. I have a very candy-tasting mix that uses FW HC, tfa blueberry candy, fa strawberry, some kind of lemonade and rainbow drops. Not for everyone lol--not even for me, most of the time, but occasionally it hits the spot.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Do you use a flavor total of 10% with this? Like 3%/3.5%/3.5% ?
The website suggested 5% as a standalone, but I haven't had time to do that or mix with it. It smells wonderful though. I also wrote down one for their double delight flavoring and another that I can't remember the name of, but it's the equivalent of a Mars bar.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The website suggested 5% as a standalone, but I haven't had time to do that or mix with it. It smells wonderful though. I also wrote down one for their double delight flavoring and another that I can't remember the name of, but it's the equivalent of a Mars bar.
I am so sorry, I didn't read your question correctly. I used the listed percentages to equal 100% flavor in a volume of 10ml.

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't let me stop you from trying, but each of the flavorings in the recipe plays a very important role for a very specific reason. I have no idea how CA flavorings would interact with one another in this recipe.

And no, you can not get away without White Peach. There is no escape from the great White Peach of Italy. :D Seriously though, if you're a peach fan, FA Peach + FA White Peach is as good as peach gets. Put 'em on your shopping list!
I added the White each to my next order so won't ruin a good recipe by shooting in the dark;)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I SO want to figure out the recipe for the vape I got from my local B&M. It is called Space Cake and it tastes like a chocolate brownie. It's amazing and not incredibly strong like some of the others that I've had there.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I just found many new addiction. Just one simple mix and I'm already itching to do my next mix after dinner. Think that I'll try that one that juicy suggested with the tiramisu, fruits and marshmallow. Hope it turns out good. I can't wait. Thank you all for putting up with all of my rambling and annoying question while I get my feet wet in diy.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Think I just found many new addiction. Just one simple mix and I'm already itching to do my next mix after dinner. Think that I'll try that one that juicy suggested with the tiramisu, fruits and marshmallow. Hope it turns out good. I can't wait. Thank you all for putting up with all of my rambling and annoying question while I get my feet wet in diy.

You're not rambling or annoying. You're a mixer!

Air Blower

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It just keeps getting better and better too.

Once you've got 4-5 recipes in your regular rotation and you see how your flavours react with one another and to steep times, the whole creativity thing starts:)

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great advice as I've started DIY. I've been at this about 2 months, have read this entire FA thread, and already have over 100 flavors and counting! This has been the most fun I've had so far on my 4 year vaping journey.

Btw: Golden Oreo cheesecake is my favorite recipe to date! It's delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I SO want to figure out the recipe for the vape I got from my local B&M. It is called Space Cake and it tastes like a chocolate brownie. It's amazing and not incredibly strong like some of the others that I've had there.

When I visited Amsterdam, they sold something called Space Cakes (also Moon Muffins!) at many of the coffee shops. Very tasty! They were baked with MaryJane, so wonder if your local B&M flavor might have a bit of TFA MaryJane flavor in it. Might be worth experimenting with if you were trying to clone it. Also, capella has a fudge brownie flavor that tastes a lot like an actual brownie.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet cap brownie for sure, but don't taste maryjane. Will definitely have to visit some cap I think.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love that Caps fudge brownie! Pretty rich, but some don't like it. I think @wllmc once said it tasted like dirt....lol!

I kind of hate it, too, unfortunately. I have a whole bottle. On the up-side, it does really taste like a brownie. Probably would be perfect for Space Cakes, given it's earthy quality. :) Midknight420, we may have cloned your juice right here and now: cap fudge brownie + tfa maryjane!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol I remember saying that although I do like most caps flavors. maybe i should try it again

I agreed with ya too, but think I buried mine somewhere out back, (steeped for 100 years it might get better):D.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made a variation of HIC's Purple Cow using cherry as I didn't have concord grape. It turned out awesome too. Can't wait for my grape to come in so I can make the true Purple Cow.

What do you guys think about 5% strawberry and 10% catalan cream? Will that give me the creamy strawberry-shake vape i keep looking for?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you guys think about 5% strawberry and 10% catalan cream? Will that give me the creamy strawberry-shake vape i keep looking for?
I'd never go up to 10% with any FA flavoring. Personally, I'd try 4% FA strawberry and around 1.5-2% vienna cream. You can toss a very small percentage of catalan in there, but it will have some cinnamon undertones.

Thanks for the answers guys but damn, even after all the research i did, i can't grasp how 1-2% can be enough.
The flavour i used before this, 20% and..well..nothing. I am literally vaping pure vg-pg with no flavour or smell at all.

VU Sponsors