Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And if course don't forget cappuccino FA and Tiramisu FA. It appears a lot of coffee recipies call for those two as well.

Those are fine suggestions! When I consider all the flavors that can be added to coffee sold at the local Starbuck's, I left out quite a few. When I was an Italian banker, I sometimes enjoyed a coffee with a slice of lemon peel. While perhaps not the best choice for lemon peel flavor, I also left out FA-Lemon, Sicily.

Once an awhile, in a tank, I'll mix up and enjoy some espresso juice with my cigar juice. Heck, it seems like I left out a bunch of tobacco flavors too.

Obviously, if I included many of the possible combinations, I was concerned with attracting the "Enabler" label. (wannabe, second class) :)

Ron
---
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."- Mick Jagger

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the welcome and the suggestions. So glad to have found you all. Tiramisu is another must have. I love coffee and espressos. I tried a couple of coffee juices from my local shop, but they just tasted burnt no matter what I did. Hoping to get a recipe that won't. Saw a couple from HIC, sounded kinda promising. And the soar throat remedy too. And looking for some good fruit recipes too.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For the coffee lovers this is one HIC found on an Italian web site. Too lazy to search for the thread right now, but I have this one memorized as it is one of my favorites and it is simple. All credit goes to the original author and HIC for finding it.

2% Coffee Espresso FA
2% Caramel FA
2% Cuban Supreme FA

You really don't taste the Cuban or at least I don't really don't notice it. It adds a rustic feel to it. The caramel is like adding raw sugar to an espresso. If I find the thread later I will edit to add. Thanks for the find @HeadInClouds!

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dready! Glad to see ya' found the FA thread. :)
Been lurking for about a month now. Just started DIY then, but had another kid a couple weeks ago, so it's been a slow start.

I've followed a few recipes and made some good ones. Also made my own coffee and Thai tea extracts. The tea is really good in a Thai iced tea with mango I've been playing with.

I plan on putting up an original recipe or more once I feel I've got one totally dialed in. Think I'm close on one or two, but haven't had any last long enough to really steep and see where it ends up. Started making larger batches of a couple I think might work well.

Certainly enjoying the DIY and can't imagine going back to buying some of the spends juices I liked. Just need to successfully clone Dewwy Boba and I won't be missing anything ;) mixed a version today that I hope comes close; we'll see.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing the knowledge! I still intend to go back and read the old thread at some point, once things calm down with the baby & kid.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been lurking for about a month now. Just started DIY then, but had another kid a couple weeks ago, so it's been a slow start.

I've followed a few recipes and made some good ones. Also made my own coffee and Thai tea extracts. The tea is really good in a Thai iced tea with mango I've been playing with.

I plan on putting up an original recipe or more once I feel I've got one totally dialed in. Think I'm close on one or two, but haven't had any last long enough to really steep and see where it ends up. Started making larger batches of a couple I think might work well.

Certainly enjoying the DIY and can't imagine going back to buying some of the spends juices I liked. Just need to successfully clone Dewwy Boba and I won't be missing anything ;) mixed a version today that I hope comes close; we'll see.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing the knowledge! I still intend to go back and read the old thread at some point, once things calm down with the baby & kid.

Lol, you aren't going to have any free time for at least 18 years Dready. :D

Hey, that Thai Iced Tea with Mango sounds really good!

Yeah, you won't miss buying juice at all and you'll love the money you save as a result ... I have a feeling that extra money will come in handy with that new baby! :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My condolences..... I mean congratulations on the new baby. I can't wait for my money to come in so that I can start my own DIY journey myself. I'm already working on some recipe ideas and don't even have the materials yet LOL. Glad to have another learning with me.

Last edited:

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For the coffee lovers this is one HIC found on an Italian web site. Too lazy to search for the thread right now, but I have this one memorized as it is one of my favorites and it is simple. All credit goes to the original author and HIC for finding it.

2% Coffee Espresso FA
2% Caramel FA
2% Cuban Supreme FA

You really don't taste the Cuban or at least I don't really don't notice it. It adds a rustic feel to it. The caramel is like adding raw sugar to an espresso. If I find the thread later I will edit to add. Thanks for the find @HeadInClouds!
How about my drunken mix.
I randomly grabbed while drunk and couldn't see the lines on a sheet of paper so I recorded it on video long enough to see the outcome before deleting said video.
2% espresso FA
2% Pear FA
2% Green apple FA
2% Vienna cream
1% dairy milk
IMHO no more then 3% nic,it starts to distort the flavor.
Helpful tip to the new mixers. Don't over think it just do it. There is no direct science. It's all trial and errors for the most part.

Niagara

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Vapingunderground! If we forgot to mention we have started a new contest for the next flavour we develop, which we have decided should come from and be rewarded by on of our DIY customers. https://www.facebook.com/Flavour-Art-North-America-1536823856571466/4

I know the flavour HIC wants, and it is on the board, but the next flavour after Nona Cake and Sour will be decided by one of you. Yes we will also get your flavour developed this year HIC, I promise.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
... but the next flavour after Nona Cake and Sour will be decided by one of you.

There's going to soon be a FA Sour flavor available? Thanks for the "Heads up"!

Ron
---
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."- Albert Einstein

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello Vapingunderground! If we forgot to mention we have started a new contest for the next flavour we develop, which we have decided should come from and be rewarded by on of our DIY customers. https://www.facebook.com/Flavour-Art-North-America-1536823856571466/4

I know the flavour HIC wants, and it is on the board, but the next flavour after Nona Cake and Sour will be decided by one of you. Yes we will also get your flavour developed this year HIC, I promise.
Can't wait to try the sour and nona cake. I've been trying out Aurora and Monsoon this week and still haven't tried the Eclipse yet those really dark flavorings scare me. As single flavors I like the Aurora the most. The sour might be something I have been waiting for but after that I really think some much sweeter flavorings would bring a lot more DIYers to FA. With other flavoring companies I think people find it easier to get a flavor closer to the commercial juices they are used to with these cheesecake flavorings, sweet cream and candy fruits etc. I would also love to see a wintergreen though I know to the Italians its not a food flavoring.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just wondering, has anybody used the 100mg/ml nic from ecig express? If so, is it any good and does it have much of a taste to it to mess with flavors? Was just wondering because it is a really good price.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I'd vote for some Brown Sugar:D.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know the flavour HIC wants, and it is on the board, but the next flavour after Nona Cake and Sour will be decided by one of you.

I would certainly welcome FA's take on ice cream or gelato. One that is not necessarily heavily "vanilla" but a base that can be built upon with other FA flavors.

There are several FA flavors now in your inventory I would like to try that are not now suggested to be vaped or needs reformulation for DIY use. Your flavours such as Bread Crust or Ginger initially come to mind. I can't recall ever seeing a positive DIY review on other's Pizza Flavor ;)

Ron
---
“No one can have everything, so you have to try for what you want most.” ― Mae West

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
I am just wondering, has anybody used the 100mg/ml nic from ecig express? If so, is it any good and does it have much of a taste to it to mess with flavors? Was just wondering because it is a really good price.

My first order of nic came from them. I'm hoping it was a particularly bad batch. It had a very strong flavor to it but I didn't know any better at the time. I chased a lot of recipes (mostly unsuccessfully) the first six months of mixing, simply because the nic was nasty. The kind folks here turned me onto Vapers Tek and I haven't looked back since. There is no better nic, for the money, than Vaperstek Throat Hit. Don't let the name fool you. It's a very smooth, transparent nic. $10/120ml. $25/1liter. Vapers Tek's premium is amazing but 5x more costly per liter ($125). Good luck!

http://www.vaperstek.org/120-ml-1/
http://www.vaperstek.org/1000-ml-1/

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first order of nic came from them. I'm hoping it was a particularly bad batch. It had a very strong flavor to it but I didn't know any better at the time. I chased a lot of recipes (mostly unsuccessfully) the first six months of mixing, simply because the nic was nasty. The kind folks here turned me onto Vapers Tek and I haven't looked back since. There is no better nic, for the money, than Vaperstek Throat Hit. Don't let the name fool you. It's a very smooth, transparent nic. $10/120ml. $25/1liter. Vapers Tek's premium is amazing but 5x more costly per liter ($125). Good luck!

http://www.vaperstek.org/120-ml-1/
http://www.vaperstek.org/1000-ml-1/
Thanks a lot @aldenf. I looked at that one earlier today and decided that if it was good enough for a veteran mixologist for the likes of @HeadInClouds then who am I to argue? Thanks a lot for the reply :)

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Chamomile and guanoabana are flavours id use :) but yea first and foremost ginger!!

Sent from my iPhone using

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
One FA product I've never been curious enough to try: http://flavourart.com/en/store/eliq...-nicotine/base-no-flavor-100ml-with-nicotine/. Have any of you used FA's nic base or ready-to-vape liquids? I probably never will, as long as VT is around, but would love to hear a comparison by anyone who has tried both.

Wow. 500% tax on 9mg/ml? I will probably not be the one to offer a comparison, HIC. $65 for 100ml of 9mg would empty my bank account rather quickly. DIYers in the EU are screwed! I hope the deeming regs in the States aren't so oppressive.

zeke straveler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, its been a while since ive logged on.
I was playing around with flavor west jawbreaker and grape and thought "hey this is a perferct place for our old friend Violet."
So here's what i have so far. shake and vape haven't tried it steeped yet.
Fw Grape 7%
Fw Jawbreaker 7%
Fa Marshmallow 2%
Fa Violet .5%
I haven't used Violet much, so I stared low. I think it's pretty good so far.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I noticed over at reddit there is an additional spot to vote for flavor(s). (for those of use who don't social media)
---
Flavour Art North America is proud to announce the first of many contests and promotions for 2016! As a company of vapers, with a strong connection to our DIY community, we are requesting your input to help us design a new flavour to be released this year. This contest is open to the first 1000 respondents and closes February 29, 1016. NOTE: You must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of North America to participate. Please follow the following link to enter the contest.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JDQDPJC

---
The survey site asks for a bunch more info than simply your flavor vote.
I never made it to the end.:)

Ron
---
"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength" - Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi all, its been a while since ive logged on.
I was playing around with flavor west jawbreaker and grape and thought "hey this is a perferct place for our old friend Violet."
So here's what i have so far. shake and vape haven't tried it steeped yet.
Fw Grape 7%
Fw Jawbreaker 7%
Fa Marshmallow 2%
Fa Violet .5%
I haven't used Violet much, so I stared low. I think it's pretty good so far.
Hey Zeke, do you mind telling us what your taste buds say? What does it taste like? Maybe I might give a few suggestions to perfect this considering how a good number of my flavors are from FW & TFA?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Wow. 500% tax on 9mg/ml? I will probably not be the one to offer a comparison, HIC. $65 for 100ml of 9mg would empty my bank account rather quickly. DIYers in the EU are screwed! I hope the deeming regs in the States aren't so oppressive.

I know - it's nuts! I hope there are ways around this craziness for DIYers there, and I think it's a warning to the wise elsewhere.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know - it's nuts! I hope there are ways around this craziness for DIYers there, and I think it's a warning to the wise elsewhere.
That's crazy.ugggggg.
You know its ironic, I was laughed at & ridiculed for ordering massive bottles when ordering flavors.
Every time I ordered a flavor I ordered a 120 ml.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's crazy.ugggggg.
You know its ironic, I was laughed at & ridiculed for ordering massive bottles when ordering flavors.
Every time I ordered a flavor I ordered a 120 ml.

No ridicule here; I often buy large bottles of favorites for convenience. The reference, however, was to nic liquid. We'll always be able to buy flavorings as they're multi-purpose. :)

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No ridicule here; I often buy large bottles of favorites for convenience. The reference, however, was to nic liquid. We'll always be able to buy flavorings as they're multi-purpose. :)
That being said I order that 1k ml at a time. I helped out a newbe mixer when he first got started with a few things like 100 ml nic small diy odds and ends as well as about 300 ml of flavors.
Whatever it took to make him quit the paper penis addiction .
Now he is a straight vaper

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whatever it took to make him quit the paper penis addiction .
Now he is a straight vaper

Well, whether you order 120ml as you said previously or a liter at a time as you posted above, I'm not sure it's really gonna turn anybody straight. While I don't get it, my gay buddies are are pretty happy with the penis. :)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, whether you order 120ml as you said previously or a liter at a time as you posted above, I'm not sure it's really gonna turn anybody straight. While I don't get it, my gay buddies are are pretty happy with the penis. :)
A paper penis will cause paper cuts. Pretty dangerous imo

zeke straveler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Zeke, do you mind telling us what your taste buds say? What does it taste like? Maybe I might give a few suggestions to perfect this considering how a good number of my flavors are from FW & TFA?
My taste buds are not the greatest sadly. I taste grape foremost with hints of marshmallow. The jawbreaker flavor is kinda hard to describe. And the violet kinda enhances the grape. To me its a nice sweet candy-ish grape vape but not a synthetic one.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My taste buds are not the greatest sadly. I taste grape foremost with hints of marshmallow. The jawbreaker flavor is kinda hard to describe. And the violet kinda enhances the grape. To me its a nice sweet candy-ish grape vape but not a synthetic one.
Thanks, for the description however I don't think this one is for me but will pass it on to a friend that likes thee kind of mixes,if it be OK..

Medved

Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I'm glad to join the club :) From my modest attempts mixing FA five years ago with combinations like Desert Ship with some banana, or strawberries with whipped cream, I've evolved into a full blown FA hoarder (quoting my wife here), my eye twitching slightly whenever I realise they've released a new flavor - and I dont have it?! and I've been harassing FA HQ here in Europe so much, ever since they quit shipping to Croatia from the central Italian site, that they finally gave in to my demands :D and provided me with a wholesale account. Hah!

And who's to blame for all of that? Well, HIC it's all your fault really! :) I've become an FA / Hic's recipe addict, so, thank you for a new monkey on my back. A very tasty addiction I must say, so thank you for a new perspective on DIY and many delicious recipes on gumroad. Cheers!

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Flavourart made a realistic rubber flavor but they gaved it a wrong name (pineapple). I had a really big expectation from this flavor. :eek:

submoa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone played with Yogurt? I was looking for some mango & yogurt recipe but never mixed with them.

VU Sponsors