Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a vaping buddy who is a toxicologist,and another whose a chemist and I have request into them regarding this stuf....I doubt 5 pawns and the other juice companies in europe would use it without vetting it first.....
The real question is getting your hands on the stuff..both DOW and DuPont have gotten on their high horses about not supporting vaping and so getting stuff like PEG400 was impossible in the US though you could get it europe. I think it is funny a company that supplies probablly most of the chemicals for tobacco production as well as agent orange suddenly got a social conciousness. more likely they support big tobacco.
I am wondering if anybody's heard of any place to procure the stuff.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the info on the stuff will soon be out there for all to see,and I kinda doubt 5 pawns would risk their reputation by selling something dicey.....they'd lose the trust of the community, as it is their rep is pretty high,they make foolish risks their name would be shit.....you pay 5.00 per 30 ml right now just for the name.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
WHO HATES MERINGUE?

I never understood why some people can't stand FA's awesome Meringue flavor. Until just now. I opened a new bottle of it that I got from a long-time, major FA seller - and this is total CRAP! It smells like rotten eggs and tastes horrible to vape. The fact that is not perfectly colorless (it's just a little amber) should have clued me in. It's not some other FA flavor in the wrong bottle. I don't know what it is, but this is the first time I've gotten any FA flavor this messed up from anywhere.

So if you're one who can't stand FA Meringue, please PM me or post to tell me where you got yours. I hesitate to post names online, but I'll happily tell my source by private message. If a bunch of us got horrid flavoring from the same source, I'm also happy to talk to them about it.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Last edited:

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
WHO HATES MERINGUE?

I never understood why some people can't stand FA's awesome Meringue flavor. Until just now. I opened a new bottle of it that I got from a long-time, major FA seller - and this is total CRAP! It smells like rotten eggs and tastes horrible to vape. The fact that is not perfectly colorless (it's just a little amber) should have clued me in. It's not some other FA flavor in the wrong bottle. I don't know what it is, but this is the first time I've gotten any FA flavor this messed up from anywhere.

So if you're one who can't stand FA Meringue, please PM me or post to tell me where you got yours. I hesitate to post names online, but I'll happily tell my source by private message. If a bunch of us got horrid flavoring from the same source, I'm also happy to talk to them about it.

I got mine from ecig express and it smells and tastes great. Smells like a combination of cotton candy and meringue.
I just used it to make hic lemon meringue pie and it came out awesome

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Great, just found a bunch of recipes and it result in me ordering $50 in flavored from ecig express and $30 from eliquid mart.

Maybe I shouldn't have looked

My $50 order from ecigexpress for FA flavored turned into $100. In the last 2 weeks I've spent $200 on FA flavors, think I have a problem

I found so many recipes that I want to try, i bought half the store

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My $50 order from ecigexpress for FA flavored turned into $100. In the last 2 weeks I've spent $200 on FA flavors, think I have a problem

Coming from a fellow "flavor addict".....I understand....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious what the alleged "bad" merengue tastes like. My ELM sample smells like Lucky Charms marshmallows out of the bottle and has been tasty at or below 2% in the dozen or so recipes I've tried with it.
It's taken a few months but I experienced a crest of sorts: I finally have all the FA flavors available at mamajsjuice.com, so now my concern is restocking and exploring the FA fringe flavors I still "need"...

black tea, green tea, black pepper, cucumber, bell pepper, truffle, tutti-fruiti, a few stinky tobbies... what happens when one runs out of new FA flavors to try? Time and space folds back on itself?

If anybody knows of a US vendor stocking any of those UK blends... vanilla custard, black jack, etc, I'd like to know!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Curious what the alleged "bad" merengue tastes like. My ELM sample smells like Lucky Charms marshmallows out of the bottle and has been tasty at or below 2% in the dozen or so recipes I've tried with it.

Sulfur! :eek:
I used it without sniffing or tasting this bottle. It made a tasty recipe absolutely revolting. Even the mixed recipe (has 1% of this stuff) doesn't smell right. I know FA Meringue, and this ain't it!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sulfur! :eek:
I used it without sniffing or tasting this bottle. It made a tasty recipe absolutely revolting. Even the mixed recipe (has 1% of this stuff) doesn't smell right. I know FA Meringue, and this ain't it!

Interesting! I absolutely love FA meringue. I *think' I've had it from two different places (maybe 3?), an it's always been a delicious flavor - exactly as I would have expected.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just had to post before ten MF'ing THOUSAND replies to this thread have been made. I'm going to try to read the whole thing but I'm going to have to multitask. New replies in this tab and the backlog in another tab. I know this thread will inspire me and give me tons of ideas but 200 pages is so many ****ing words. I'm going to try to have every post in this thread read this year. That's my pretty optimistic resolution given my 50-60 hr work weeks. :oops:

Thanks so much to everyone for all the time spent sharing information here. :bigassgrouphug:

Breakfast Burrito Farts
3% Bad Merengue
1% Custard
1 drop saffron per 10ml
great for vaping in your enemy's face, or spilling juice on their pillow
LMFAO It's coming out the wrong end man! You gotta plan ahead... eat deviled eggs and pickled sausage for a couple days. Also, get a respirator and a rental car. You don't want to chance that soaking into your car seats.

Ok I'm going back to reading as fast as my little brain can go. o_O

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just had to post before ten MF'ing THOUSAND replies to this thread have been made. I'm going to try to read the whole thing but I'm going to have to multitask. New replies in this tab and the backlog in another tab. I know this thread will inspire me and give me tons of ideas but 200 pages is so many ****ing words. I'm going to try to have every post in this thread read this year. That's my pretty optimistic resolution given my 50-60 hr work weeks. :oops:

Thanks so much to everyone for all the time spent sharing information here. :bigassgrouphug:

LMFAO It's coming out the wrong end man! You gotta plan ahead... eat deviled eggs and pickled sausage for a couple days. Also, get a respirator and a rental car. You don't want to chance that soaking into your car seats.

Ok I'm going back to reading as fast as my little brain can go. o_O
Have fun!! Great stuff, keep your notebook handy. :)

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow this thread is overwhelming. Is there a chart with FA% for single flavors? I just ordered a bunch of new flavors and I want to test them individually before mixing.

So far I've only tried FA Chocolate, and while I like it, it doesn't satisfy my chocolate craving. Perhaps I should mix it with brown sugar.

Anybody tried Chocolate and Peppermint?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow this thread is overwhelming. Is there a chart with FA% for single flavors? I just ordered a bunch of new flavors and I want to test them individually before mixing.

So far I've only tried FA Chocolate, and while I like it, it doesn't satisfy my chocolate craving. Perhaps I should mix it with brown sugar.

Anybody tried Chocolate and Peppermint?
Then you absolutely must try FA cocoa....;)
And this.....
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-chocolate-marshmallow-fudge.34992/

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there a chart with FA% for single flavors?

Be careful with these charts. I find they are typically high. The one linked below has an average for FA Honey at 3.89%. IMO it dominates a mix at anything more than 0.25%. I start at 2% with most flavourart. I try to google each one first to make sure it's not crazy strong like Honey, Tiramisu, Cardamom etc. Even 1% of any of those is way too much for me.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree - those numbers do seem kind of high, even for standalone, which is how I see them - but seeing those numbers as a starting reference really helped me out in the beginning. I really had no idea where to start when I switched to FA.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Be careful with these charts. I find they are typically high. The one linked below has an average for FA Honey at 3.89%. IMO it dominates a mix at anything more than 0.25%. I start at 2% with most flavourart. I try to google each one first to make sure it's not crazy strong like Honey, Tiramisu, Cardamom etc. Even 1% of any of those is way too much for me.

This is what I'm thinking. From what I've read on these forums, peppermint also seems way too high on this chart.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, this seems too easy, but I've been vaping this all afternoon and can't find any reason to add, take away, or adjust a thing.

ANDES MINT DARK (with VT nic)
2% FA Cocoa
1% FA Peppermint
1% FA Vanilla Classic

Do not try that with other nic, or you'll be sorely disappointed (I know, because I've tried it before). Shake 'n Vape. Please start with a small batch in case I'm hallucinating how tasty this is.

I really can't believe this was so simple. Without VT nic, a good dark chocolate creme de menthe needed these ingredients plus chocolate (to balance cocoa), Vienna Cream (for sweetness and depth), Fresh Cream (to lighten up the Vienna), probably a little Caramel (to sweeten the Fresh Cream and take away the high notes of Marshmallow (to take the edge off the vanilla). ;) Hopefully this post (from the other forum - the first part of this thread)will jog HIC's memory. I am so glad I tried this and the percentages are just right to me.:p the date was *May 22nd 2014*:cool:

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHO HATES MERINGUE?

I bought a 4 oz bottle of TFA RY4 Double from an un-named vendor since I make so much of RocketPuppies RY4 Before I realized it, I had mixed about 1000ml's of juice that was just awful. I started doing the smell test and it was definitely from that 4 oz bottle of flavoring. The vendor quickly made good on the flavor, but not on the rest of the components in the 1000mls of juice I had to dump. What a shock that experience was..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
... what happens when one runs out of new FA flavors to try? Time and space folds back on itself?

There's no limit to the possible combinations. I've found many FA flavors have tricks hidden up their sleeve - unexpected results when combined with certain other flavors and tasty special effects. I keep thinking I'll eventually run out of ideas to try, but it hasn't happened yet.

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a little high. 2% max for me. At least it doesn't say 5% like the chart I started with!
Maybe on those charts look across it to see what other people are doing, instead of looking at the mean avg. Sometimes you see a bunch of 2s &3s, then a 10! :eek: That one high number could definitely throw the avg off.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping MamaJ's Christmas Cookies and HIC's Dulce de Leche Churros today. Both delicious.

C. Cookies was good immediately after mixing but has improved over a couple of weeks. It has a nice palate cleansing quality without being super spicy. I can never tell if it's just my moody tastebuds, but it definitely seemed to develop more complexity sitting in a drawer for a while.

For me, Cinnamon Sugar Churros, while sweet and yummy at the start, benefited a lot from a steep. It may have been a clod move, but I added some extra (.5%) Cinnamon and 2 drops of AP per 10ml with success. I have trouble tasting the nuances of caramelly recipes lately, maybe because I vaped them so much for so long...? As HIC's description mentions, this recipe is not really for newbies, and I mixed a small batch using drops, where it's easy to make a small-but-critical error. AND, I'm on kind of an AP kick. In this context AP is very detectable and gives the churros that extra doughy density and sweetness that I wanted.

Highly recommend both!

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought a 4 oz bottle of TFA RY4 Double from an un-named vendor since I make so much of RocketPuppies RY4 Before I realized it, I had mixed about 1000ml's of juice that was just awful. I started doing the smell test and it was definitely from that 4 oz bottle of flavoring. The vendor quickly made good on the flavor, but not on the rest of the components in the 1000mls of juice I had to dump. What a shock that experience was..
I purchased a 4oz bottle of TFA RY4 Double about 5 weeks ago from Ecigexpress and have used about 30 ml of it with no problems. I thought hard about that purchase because it seems each time I go there there is a higher percentage of flavors of all brands that are out of stock. Is it because there are more vapers doing DIY or some other problem? I don't know.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@caddisfly, I do think there are a lot more DIYers. Just based on titles of threads, lately, I'm seeing newer people around a LOT. They come here, stumble upon some of the greatest mixes ever created in the Recipes section, then they all head out and buy all those ingredients. Smart people ;) Also, anytime "regulations" gets mentioned, there seems to be a "run for your life and buy stuff!!" atmosphere.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@caddisfly, I do think there are a lot more DIYers. Just based on titles of threads, lately, I'm seeing newer people around a LOT. They come here, stumble upon some of the greatest mixes ever created in the Recipes section, then they all head out and buy all those ingredients. Smart people ;) Also, anytime "regulations" gets mentioned, there seems to be a "run for your life and buy stuff!!" atmosphere.
Good points.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, so far all flavors from e liquidmart, wizard labs, and mamajs have been good. E liquid mart meringue is clear, but just emptied the bottle. Opening bottle I bought from ecig express 3 months ago, as I knew I'd need it and is clear. & and smells good...thank God! Vaped some Dulce de Leche Churros this morning, on Blueberry coconut smoothie now...tomorrow morning I'll be having some gingerbread banana nut muffins with my coffee and cherry pie for dinner!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe on those charts look across it to see what other people are doing, instead of looking at the mean avg. Sometimes you see a bunch of 2s &3s, then a 10! :eek: That one high number could definitely throw the avg off.
Oh absolutely. The sheet I started from were pretty much too high across the board (for my for my tastes). I'm sure someone likes Cookie @ 10%... Mo' power to them. :)

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Another thing I do with a fresh build. After heating the coils and getting ready to wick I but the RBA back on the OHM's meter. Make sure it has cooled off then lightly tap the coils with my finger/tweezers. If the OHM's jump around then something is still loose. Screws like to get loose when you are burning in a coil. This is probably more do to the wire settling from the heat but it is just part of my routine. If I am building a tank (Orchid, Kayfun,ect..) I also wick it and put the chimney on with the base on the meter and check again to make sure there are no shorts. Grats on moving up to rebuildables I thing you will enjoy them once you get the hang of building coils. Good Luck.

On a side note I cant tell you how many times I have had pretty little coil burns on my hard or fingers. You know its a good one when you can count the wraps of the coil from the burn. :D
I do the same thing when I'm building my tanks. I've got a few stories on how I popped coils by touching them with metal...live and learn.

stasek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, thanks but no thanks.... Ran out of couple 5ml sized flavors, so naturally had to got more. While at it, figured why not get some more flavors. Just counted my bottles - 60 FA flavors, with most of them untouched :(. Boo - need to widen my horizons - I've been enjoying the variations of gambit clone too much :). Btw, if you're familiar with the recipe - I've substituted FA apple with FA peach and FE pear (didn't have FA) - damn good vape!

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
The last order I got from eBay was 100 1ml syringes for around $11. I've shared with a couple of folks and still have a ton left....good deals! I get my bottles from them too, last batch was 72 15ml for $24. Sweet....:D
I've been buying syringes from vendors and $11 for 100 is a lot cheaper. Thanks for the tip!

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Well, thanks but no thanks.... Ran out of couple 5ml sized flavors, so naturally had to got more. While at it, figured why not get some more flavors. Just counted my bottles - 60 FA flavors, with most of them untouched :(. Boo - need to widen my horizons - I've been enjoying the variations of gambit clone too much :). Btw, if you're familiar with the recipe - I've substituted FA apple with FA peach and FE pear (didn't have FA) - damn good vape!
Sounds tasty. Just starting to get into fruity favors and really loving peach anything these days.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

How to clean the smell out of plastic bottles? I dumped the 120 and 250 ml plastic bottles and rinsed with very hot water. Then filled again with very hot water and Dawn soap and let them sit for probably 12 hours. Shook and rinsed well tonight and I can still smell that pungent odor. Does anyon know how to clear an odor from plastic before I put them in the trash?

cindycated

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baby bottle brushes maybe? I don't think just dumping them into soapy water is gonna do it, unless you put the lids on and shake each one like crazy. There's that film of juice in there that I don't think is gonna wanna come out on its own. But some flavors are just smelly. :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've added white vinegar to the soapy water before and let soak. If that didn't work, I tossed them.

VU Sponsors