LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well last night I mixed
Classic vanilla 5%
Vienna cream 3%
Fresh cream 2%
Trying to get a pudding. Flavor is right there! It was missing some sweetness and a bit of depth so I added .5% of supper sweet and .5% of meringue. It still lacks a bit on depth so I'm going to let it steep a few days and try it again. I may end up adding just a touch of custard to richen it up if it still needs it after steeping.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ADHD? I have advanced CRS syndrome. It's not very helpful with diy. Which flavor did I just add? Did I add it or not? Where was I at? How many wraps was that now?? :confused:
You and me both. I have this one food recipe that calls for 6 Tbls of milk. I can't imagine I've tasted the recipe as it was meant.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well last night I mixed
simply vanilla 5%
Vienna cream 3%
Fresh cream 2%
Trying to get a pudding. Flavor is right there! It was missing some sweetness and a bit of depth so I added .5% of supper sweet and .5% of meringue. It still lacks a bit on depth so I'm going to let it steep a few days and try it again. I may end up adding just a touch of custard to richen it up if it still needs it after steeping.
Welp, Your main flavor isn't FA after all TFA Simply Vanilla has a warning on it for the bad stuff if you didn't know. I've read it's good but weak Another non FA option might be Bavarian Cream. I'm having some now stand alone.

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welp, Your main flavor isn't FA after all TFA Simply Vanilla has a warning on it for the bad stuff if you didn't know. I've read it's good but weak Another non FA option might be Bavarian Cream. I'm having some now stand alone.
It's FA classic vanilla .. all I use is FA outside of the sweetner which is tfa

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well last night I mixed
Classic vanilla 5%
Vienna cream 3%
Fresh cream 2%
Mmm, maybe some vanilla custard.....you know I'm gonna try this! It stands to be a very versatile recipe, you could add any fruit or even chocolate and get a totally different vape. I like recipes like this, it's like having that one scarf that can change up any outfit. ;)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The free shipping @ $20 will go up to free shipping @ $35 tomorrow morning 5am, mountain time.

HERE @ Mama J's
That is a good enough reason to pull the trigger now instead of waiting for bergamot to be back in stock :) Others are out too but w/e it's pretty easy to find $20 worth of goodies, restocking cream, and I'm trying the cherry pie and MJ4.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darn that bergamot! Tried to get it with my latest order.....grrrrr.....:(

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well last night I mixed
Classic vanilla 5%
Vienna cream 3%
Fresh cream 2%
You can try some coconut & marzipan @ about .75% each, got idea from crampmolothew's white cake. I subbed out the caps custard with 2% fa Vienna & 1% fa vanilla classic and got a light cake...i used. Rest of his recipe as was written.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Redneck set up....it can be done
You need one of these if you're fashion conscious with ego threading (the long ones are for cartos, I had the "wide" version and it looked great... no ego batts for a pic atm) edit: here's my rig with an ego adapter and the wide sleeve so you can kinda see.
xRj5lAd.jpg

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need one of these if you're fashion conscious with ego threading (the long ones are for cartos, I had the "wide" version and it looked great... no ego batts for a pic atm)
Oh, I couldn't care less about fashion, I just love those little atties! To be so cheap they give a nice warm vape and a ton of flavor. I usually keep a few and an eGo for testing my juice when I'm mixing. But my nano is king! Lol!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone happen to know CAP Hazelnut v2? I'm trying to replace it with FA hazel in a simple mix I've been coming back to for a few months:
  • 7% CAP Hazel v2
  • 3.5% FA Cuban
  • 0.75% EM
  • (original is 8% and 4%, steep 3-7 days min)
  • (not perfect but very exciting, enough to ADV variations in pursuit of progress - I was previously not a cuban fan)
So on Sunday I mixed:
  • 3.5% FA Cuban
  • 1% FA Hazel
  • 0.75% EM
  • 0.5% FA Caramel
  • 0.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti, attempting some pervasive sweetness I taste in cap hazel
I pussy-footed the FA hazel because of the strong woody note, which I regret now that it's getting creamier after a few days. FA hazel for better or worse stays pretty defined and silky, but I'm looking for it to have a more candy cream like the CAP, and as people describe the FW hazelnut, which I also haven't tried. Thought I'd fish for some input before going for another mix. ...AP?

The original post: (link to ecf, or below)
Chopper71 on ecf said:
This may sound nasty but its awesome.I came up with it by accident when I dropped some juice in a carto that had something else in it.

Both of these are 10ml bottles.The first was 8% cap hazelnut and 4% fa cuban supreme and 3 drops of em.
The second is cap coconut 15% and cap vanilla custard 4%.My carto had the cuban supreme one in it.I thought I had
the coconut in it so I dropped some more of it in it,WOW was the taste crazy good.So I took half a bottle of each and
mixed them together in another 10ml bottle and its amazing.Something like a nutty,creamy tropical cigar is all I can say.

Think I will call it Cuban Paradise lol. (Laughmore: delicious concept worthy of FA conversion and tweaking)

Last edited:

Echamberlain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will probably be all strawberry, maybe some marshmallow etc if it's not round enough. No cream. Strawberry Ripe TPA tastes simpler like jam imo. The challenge would be keeping it from getting too sweet or it'll taste like candy. This would be especially difficult in a heavy VG mix for this reason I think. Could be wrong.
Thanks I am planning to do a peanut butter and strawberry jam I want to get the jam right before I start trying to combine with the peanutbutter

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so messing around trying to make a no bake pumpkin cheesecake in past with Hic's help. Below is a fabulous shake and vape @ 50/50. Right now it's more of a ginger with a hint of pumpkin no bake cheesecake, but it's fabulous imo. Hic suggested using 3% tfa cheesecake Graham crust flavor, but I don't like it so I slowly went up and am happy at 1.5%

2% fa Vienna Cream
1.5% tfa cheesecake Graham crust
1% fa vanilla classic
.5 fa cinnamon Ceylon
.25% tfa pumpkin spice or fa clove
.25% tfa holiday spice
.25% nf organic ginger "The Ginger"

Not too Spicy, the ginger really brightens it and the Vienna/vanilla give it a nice sweet vanilla taste. Let you know how it ages.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok so messing around trying to make a no bake pumpkin cheesecake in past with Hic's help. Below is a fabulous shake and vape @ 50/50. Right now it's more of a ginger with a hint of pumpkin no bake cheesecake, but it's fabulous imo. Hic suggested using 3% tfa cheesecake Graham crust flavor, but I don't like it so I slowly went up and am happy at 1.5%

2% fa Vienna Cream
1.5% tfa cheesecake Graham crust
1% fa vanilla classic
.5 fa cinnamon Ceylon
.25% tfa pumpkin spice or fa clove
.25% tfa holiday spice
.25% nf organic ginger "The Ginger"

Not too Spicy, the ginger really brightens it and the Vienna/vanilla give it a nice sweet vanilla taste. Let you know how it ages.
I gave this a try... sort of.
I too, do not like TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust flavor, it tastes like dirt clods to me. So I made a substitution for it:

1% Hics Cheesecake
0.25% each of Fa Apple Pie, FA Honey, and TFA Molassas.
I also used FA Clove instead of TFA Pumpkin Spice. I didn't have any.

I mixed the flavors for 12ml, but so far have only added 6ml of base. I don't have the super taste buds you do. It could probably use a little more base, but I wanted to try it "strong" first.

It tastes good in my small dripper and I think it might be real good at a higher watt.

Thank you for the recipe.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking for a old port cigar recipe. Has anyone tried to make that ?
I don't know what an Old Port cigar smells and tastes like, but if you are having trouble getting there with FA tobaccos, there is a cigar flavor that is so obnoxious (it smells like a cigar) that it is good. It is TFA's Cubano flavor.

It is an unusual flavor and there is nothing in FA's flavors that matches it, be that good or bad, and it is very strong. Assuming that the port in your request refers to a cigar flavor aged along with port wine, perhaps 2-4% TFA Cubano and 1% FA Red Wine might be a good starting place. I imagine it would need a sweetener of some sort also, as it is a very dry flavor.

I seen it used in a few recipes. Usually at 7%. To my mind and taste that is too much. But that is just me.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TY for sharing that recipe Daintanee:D I sure hope I can make it without the Ginger as I do not have any lol and I love No Bake Cheesecake:p;)

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for a old port cigar recipe. Has anyone tried to make that ?

Not familiar with old port, sorry. But I do enjoy both Old Captain and French Pipe from VZ. ECX may still have the FP too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I buy only their VG-base nic, both the throat-hit and premium stuff. I have no knowledge of their PG-base, so with that in mind, my comments rambling:
WL was some rough stuff, but I used it exclusively due to low price for 4-6 months. I've also used rtsvapes and Heartland (through a distributor), which weren't drastically different in my opinion, but sure didn't smell as frightening. Then I tried VT's primo stuff and could not BELIEVE how much better my flavors tasted. I've said before it was like upgrading my entire flavor collection in one fell swoop. All other nic went into the deep freeze! Then VT's TH nic was offered at a ridiculously low price, and I eventually caved.

I figured the TH nic would be similar to the other brands - and at least could stay in the freezer for a catastrophe. So now the comparison between VT TH and VT primo, both in VG base. I can barely tell them apart. My partner vapes unflavored a lot; I vape a small tank or two of it daily. We can both taste a little something-something in unflavored TH, but it sure as heck does not make us cough or get the sore throats & morning lung-ache that other brands often did. There's a little hint of (mustiness? not sure how to describe it, but it's not chemical) something in the flavor. I don't mind it at all, but partner claims to prefer the pricier version. Have I ever pulled one over and subbed TH secretly? Yes :D. Partner can identify when I do that sometimes, not always.

With flavorings... Okay, some flavors taste so much better with VT than the other stuff that you'd think you were using a different bottle of flavoring. Cocoa and Espresso are hugely different. Flavors like that mixed with TH versus primo (VG!) - cannot tell them apart. Absolutely identical. Vaping light and creamy fruit flavors, especially early in the day, sometimes I can tell them apart, but after half a tank or so, I can't any more.

I recently got a second liter of the TH nic. I cracked it open to verify it's okay, and it's even better (less scent/flavor) than the first one. Great use of $45, for sure.

Summary (I saw that eyeroll): VT TH versus primo in VG base: slightly to noticeably stronger aroma when sniffing the freshly-opened, hot-from-the-mailbox bottle. Slight flavor difference some will notice if vaping without flavoring, fewer will notice with light flavoring, and I challenge you to tell the difference at all with bolder/tobacco/heavier flavoring. My partner and I are not super-tasters, so others may note more difference than we have. Neither has the "throat hit" or nose-sting or sore throat/lungs that we got with other brands.

Personally - I plan to hoard a decent supply in the next few months before the FDA can screw things up.

edit: PS - partner and I both vape between 15 and 20 mg/ml nic most of the time now. That's down from 24-36 a year ago. So we're generally using it mixed fairly strong.
I have been scared to use my VG 100mg base just due to the viscosity. Do you buy the 100mg and dilute? Have you tested your nic chemically?
I shake my pg but its typically frozen or cold. I bought a liter of VG from ECX just to have on hand if someone requests max but I have been using 50/50 for everything (make 300ml 25mg 50/50 from 100mg pg, then make juice from flavor, PG ,nic base, then VG in that order so that gravity does my initial mix).

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whooo, hold up there a minute @HeadInClouds, wth? I heard the words, FDA, nicotine, stock up, HOARD! What's going on? Oh, and on a lighter note, of course us women prefer the pricier stuff, duh! That's why men only have one wife nowadays.
In Indiana they are potentially going to beat the FDA. But their current legislation does have a 1 year date if passed to hoard but it is possible I would be a DIY criminal if I shared and potentially possessed. Sucks...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have been scared to use my VG 100mg base just due to the viscosity. Do you buy the 100mg and dilute? Have you tested your nic chemically?

I premix unflavored nic base "in bulk" into squeeze-top bottles, just enough for a couple weeks at a time. The rest stays in the freezer. I've already made fill lines on those squeeze bottles. I add (100mg VG-base) nic to the first line, water to the next line (around 15% of total volume), plain VG to the top. I measured precisely to make the fill lines, so I don't have to mess with measuring again. I use a few different formulations, so each has its own bottle with pre-measured fill lines.

What type of nic test do you mean?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TY for sharing that recipe Daintanee:D I sure hope I can make it without the Ginger as I do not have any lol and I love No Bake Cheesecake:p;)
It's the CLOVE...just that small amount of TFA PUMPKIN SPICE that makes you think it's PUMPKIN. I was gonna try it w/o ginger as well and with cardamom in place of ginger to see what happens. That ginger really is yummy though.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave this a try... sort of.
I too, do not like TFA Cheesecake with Graham Crust flavor, it tastes like dirt clods to me. So I made a substitution for it:

1% Hics Cheesecake
0.25% each of Fa Apple Pie, FA Honey, and TFA Molassas.
I also used FA Clove instead of TFA Pumpkin Spice. I didn't have any.

I mixed the flavors for 12ml, but so far have only added 6ml of base. I don't have the super taste buds you do. It could probably use a little more base, but I wanted to try it "strong" first.

It tastes good in my small dripper and I think it might be real good at a higher watt.

Thank you for the recipe.
I tried it as I stated above with .5% tfa cheesecake Graham crust first, and slowly kept adding. Haven't tried it in dripper yet. I usually don't like that cheesecake Graham crust either...but it was good in this. I thought about trying it with HIC' s homemade cheesecake too. Man that ginger is good, totally not what I expected ginger to be like.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Man that ginger is good, totally not what I expected ginger to be like.
Yeah, you're right. I was afraid it would taste like gingerbread cake. It doesn't. I just tried you recipe again and it mellowed out nicely after sitting a day.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I'm hooked. I got a pretty pink mailer in yesterday with Game Over Custard and HIC's Quickberry with a few fruity type flavors to try out. I mixed up the two flavor bases last night and they both just keep getting better. I know I need to steep my juice more to get the full effect of recipes but when they are this good fresh I have no patience :D Thanks to @HeadInClouds and @wllmc for the great mixes at great prices with OUTSTANDING customer service.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok I'm hooked. I got a pretty pink mailer in yesterday with Game Over Custard and HIC's Quickberry with a few fruity type flavors to try out. I mixed up the two flavor bases last night and they both just keep getting better. I know I need to steep my juice more to get the full effect of recipes but when they are this good fresh I have no patience :D Thanks to @HeadInClouds and @wllmc for the great mixes at great prices with OUTSTANDING customer service.
Game Over ... right lol.

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
I don't know what an Old Port cigar smells and tastes like, but if you are having trouble getting there with FA tobaccos, there is a cigar flavor that is so obnoxious (it smells like a cigar) that it is good. It is TFA's Cubano flavor.

It is an unusual flavor and there is nothing in FA's flavors that matches it, be that good or bad, and it is very strong. Assuming that the port in your request refers to a cigar flavor aged along with port wine, perhaps 2-4% TFA Cubano and 1% FA Red Wine might be a good starting place. I imagine it would need a sweetener of some sort also, as it is a very dry flavor.

I seen it used in a few recipes. Usually at 7%. To my mind and taste that is too much. But that is just me.

Yeah I'd second starting at a low percentage with this one. I usually use it at 2 percent in a mix with other tobacco or 3% standalone.

Hello everyone.

Thought I should introduce myself after stumbling across this thread during a late night search for inspiration. I'm from the Clyde valley in Scotland and have been vaping for nearly a year and Mixing juice for only a few months. I have found my way to FA flavourings via another forum but see that you guys have a huge amount of knowledge here and I have an awful lot of reading todo.

I'm currently vaping one of my own concoctions whilst getting ready to start at post 1 which is a cherry tobacco..

Latakia 3%
Black cherry 2%
Cherry 1%
Marshmallow 0.5%

Left to mature for 2 weeks or more and it's lush.

Now to find some recipes for tonight's mix session..

Stu

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone.

Thought I should introduce myself after stumbling across this thread during a late night search for inspiration. I'm from the Clyde valley in Scotland and have been vaping for nearly a year and Mixing juice for only a few months. I have found my way to FA flavourings via another forum but see that you guys have a huge amount of knowledge here and I have an awful lot of reading todo.

I'm currently vaping one of my own concoctions whilst getting ready to start at post 1 which is a cherry tobacco..

Latakia 3%
Black cherry 2%
Cherry 1%
Marshmallow 0.5%

Stu

Hi and welcome to the forum. Yeah definitely a lot of information in this thread. Some posters have been very generous in passing on their knowledge to the rest of us. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone.

Latakia 3%
Black cherry 2%
Cherry 1%
Marshmallow 0.5%

Stu

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the recipe. I have Latakia and haven't found a way to use it. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

VU Sponsors