Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Club ... formally known as the PureVapes thread

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My ADV is a lavender blend but it's store bought. I've been looking at the Lavender flavoring but am afraid to get it. I'm afraid it will be like vaping potpourri again. The other lavender juice I had tastes like that and I didn't really care for it. I have lavender buds.... Maybe I should attempt my own extract.
I had a lavendar syrup (very lightly syrup) a while back. I was surprised how much I liked it! You'll have to let us know what you think of it.

Monica_Rae

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep I'm the one & the same. That's pretty funny you guys got banned. To be honest I find people don't handle difference of opinions to well over there.
Thanks for the info on the other vendors I'd rather stick with the smaller sizes for now and go from there. OK I'm off to check out the links you guys provided ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My ADV is a lavender blend but it's store bought. I've been looking at the Lavender flavoring but am afraid to get it. I'm afraid it will be like vaping potpourri again. The other lavender juice I had tastes like that and I didn't really care for it. I have lavender buds.... Maybe I should attempt my own extract.

I used to love AIV's Lavender Ever After! I keep meaning to order FA's Lavendar. I'm sure with the right mix it will be fine (fairly sure LOL) :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep I'm the one & the same. That's pretty funny you guys got banned. To be honest I find people don't handle difference of opinions to well over there.
Thanks for the info on the other vendors I'd rather stick with the smaller sizes for now and go from there. OK I'm off to check out the links you guys provided ;)
I'm an ry4 freak. Love, love, love the stuff. FA's Vienna, Catalan, and Vanilla Original are excellent. Do you have TFA's RY4 Double and AP? Those are essential too. I'm still on a quest for the perfect caramel.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I worked. What is amazing is that over half the staff called in sick. Imagine that! On Christmas those people were so sick. :)

Anyone ever try Flavorart Watermelon? If so, did you like it by itself or with another flavor?
With cantelope and a touch of raspberry and citrus mix

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG !! I would ALMOST fit right in there ! I m more of a Mamas and the Papa's / Sonny and Cher Kinda Groovy Guy........Thanks for the smile Hic.

I hear that there was always a hint of liquer on the Brady Bunch Dads breath........ the same with Fathers Knows best dad.. ;)
That many kids would take a little booze! LOL

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys I don't mean to jump in but I just have a question. Atm I don't have any FA flavors (I know!) But I'm in the middle of placing an order - I love my creams and RY4 types. I figured this would be the place to ask on what I should absolutely order?
For sure:
-Vienna Cream
-Fresh Cream

And the website I saw was ecigexpress (I think) is that the place to go?

Sent from Tapatalk?
it might be to late but here is an all FA RY4. ill swap out catalan and vienna or just add both from time to time. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ry4-all-fa.2395/

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love nut mix. it doesnt get much praise but I find it very useful
Ditto. I love that one, too. You're right, it doesn't get much praise. I used to use the hell out of that one. I picked it up the other night from my flavors box and asked mysef why I haven't been.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has anyone experimented with a "nut brittle"? Start with maybe Nut Mix (mixed with Hazelnut, Walnut & Almond?), Caramel and Meringue (for sweetness - too eggy?)? Haven't tried all my flavorings stand-alone yet...
If you find them I wanna know, too! :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone experimented with a "nut brittle"? Start with maybe Nut Mix (mixed with Hazelnut, Walnut & Almond?), Caramel and Meringue (for sweetness - too eggy?)? Haven't tried all my flavorings stand-alone yet...
I love nut-brittle. Definitely nuts and caramels...wonder what could be used as a great substitute for butter. I'd even add a touch of vanilla.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love nut-brittle. Definitely nuts and caramels...wonder what could be used as a great substitute for butter. I'd even add a touch of vanilla.
Nuts and.... something, creates a buttery note. Was it coconut? Used low enough you don't taste coconut. Who remembers?? Help. I know HIC knows.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just bought some (real) Spanish turron, as opposed to Italian torrone, as opposed to American nougat. This spanish stuff is definitely nut brittle. It looks just like a nut brittle: clear coating holding together wads of nuts. It contains almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, egg whites, and honey. FA's version of (Italian) torrone is the flavor of almond, egg whites, honey and arguably a little citrus. If citrus is there, it's easily covered.

I'd begin with FA Nut Mix and add small amounts of FA Torrone, try it, then try adding a little FA Butterscotch. Butterscotch includes butteriness, sweetness, and a flavor that "belongs" in brittle, in my opinion. If that's not sweet enough, some acetyl pyrazine (half or quarter as much as butterscotch) will fix that in a snap.

If I were looking to do it the easy way and didn't mind vaping diacetyl, I'd definitely use some FA Butter (1.5% diacetyl and inhalation warning there), but would still have those other flavors in there first.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
I just bought some (real) Spanish turron, as opposed to Italian torrone, as opposed to American nougat. This spanish stuff is definitely nut brittle. It looks just like a nut brittle: clear coating holding together wads of nuts. It contains almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, egg whites, and honey. FA's version of (Italian) torrone is the flavor of almond, egg whites, honey and arguably a little citrus. If citrus is there, it's easily covered.

I'd begin with FA Nut Mix and add small amounts of FA Torrone, try it, then try adding a little FA Butterscotch. Butterscotch includes butteriness, sweetness, and a flavor that "belongs" in brittle, in my opinion. If that's not sweet enough, some acetyl pyrazine (half or quarter as much as butterscotch) will fix that in a snap.

If I were looking to do it the easy way and didn't mind vaping diacetyl, I'd definitely use some FA Butter (1.5% diacetyl and inhalation warning there), but would still have those other flavors in there first.

I remember eating turron when playing Vigo and Barcelona. You're right, HIC. It was nut brittle the way Europeans would make it! Thanks again, sir.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For butter, I use equal, low amounts of FA Coconut and FA Walnut. This is in addition to any walnut or coconut called for in the recipe. It worked well for buttered popcorn.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wondering if anyone has tried Reggae Night flavor?
I just got some in the mail - it smells interesting. will be mixing a sample at 1.5% very soon.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going thru flavors snd discover FA lemon Sicily had melted thru the bottle top. See pic. Ive had it here about 4 months.

uploadfromtaptalk1419886403598.jpg

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW thats some potent flavoring. Is it marked as a tank cracker? Didnt think it was that strong, but I havent ordered it. Im not real big on the citrus flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm going thru flavors snd discover FA lemon Sicily had melted thru the bottle top. See pic. Ive had it here about 4 months.

I think that's not melted through. I think that's the "ripped cap" thing a few people have had happen with the bottles ecx is using. I don't know where that thread was, but I don't think it was discussed in this thread. I had a bottle of FA Caramel do exactly that. Crappy bottle - I lost a lot of the contents.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 11397
I just checked mine. It is in an amber bottle though, if that makes a difference, and it is fine. It came from Ecig express. I did have a bottle of BurleyTobacco from them that cracked. So far I have had no problems from E- liquid Mart.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think that's not melted through. I think that's the "ripped cap" thing a few people have had happen with the bottles ecx is using. I don't know where that thread was, but I don't think it was discussed in this thread. I had a bottle of FA Caramel do exactly that. Crappy bottle - I lost a lot of the contents.

oooooooooohhh I got it. I didnt inspect it that well - just assumed it melted thru. I'll transfer it into a clean 10ml bottle

thanks for the input!

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
So my attempts at nut brittle landed here:

3% Nut Mix
1% Torrone
1% Caramel (Out of 70 new flavorings, Butterscotch is not one of them.)
.5% Walnut
.5% Coconut
.5% AP

Shake & Vape:
It's good but definitely not a brittle; a rich, nutty, nougaty vape.

I'll let it rest overnight and see what happens.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

3% Nut Mix
1% Torrone
.5% Walnut
.5% Coconut
.5% AP

Shake & Vape:

That's a poop load of nut mix =)
Please let us know how it turns out.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

3% Nut Mix
1% Torrone
.5% Walnut
.5% Coconut
.5% AP

Shake & Vape:

Good recipe. I mixed a 6ml batch and I like it. Then i added 1% butterscotch and did't taste much change. I still like it

aldenf

Member For 5 Years

3% Nut Mix
1% Torrone
.5% Walnut
.5% Coconut
.5% AP

Shake & Vape:

After resting overnight, this is a rich, buttery, nutty vape; lightly sweet, but not going to satisfy a sweet tooth. It's good but not brittle.

If anyone can improve upon it, please share...

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are my new cookie friend :)

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.
Thank you Huckleberried. But it does. Seriously. I hate to admit it here, but I am addicted to cookie in much larger percentages that are best not spoken about in polite company.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Doubling the Torrone sounds interesting. But I like the up-front nut flavor.

What starting percentage do people like with TFA Brown Sugar Extra?

Adding Cookie would make this better than any Girl Scout cookie, that's for sure. ;)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 recipes I use FA cookie in one is 2% the other is 3-4%. At 2% in Huck's Golden Oreo cookie cheesecake mix it is very subtle and I barely taste it. I use it at 3-4% standalone. I like 3 in my dripper or Orchid and wife likes 4 in a Nautilus.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The highest I ever used cookie was 2.5%. I do love it, but my usual is 2 or less. Depends in the effect I'm going for I suppose, too.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Doubling the Torrone sounds interesting. But I like the up-front nut flavor.

What starting percentage do people like with TFA Brown Sugar Extra?

Adding Cookie would make this better than any Girl Scout cookie, that's for sure. ;)
Torrone , Meringue, and Cookie are the only ten ml bottles of FA Flavor I have purchase twice, so I guess I use them fairly often or at high percentages. My first use of FA Cookie was 11/16/14 in Hic's Almond Roca at 3%. I believe I doubled the recipe. It really opened my eyes to what Cookie could do. Since then the percentages go 1, 1.5, .5, 3, 2, 2, 3, , 2.5, 2, 1, 4, 4,and 3. These are just the recipes I consider somewhat good. I tried it up to 10% just because, and found no need to go higher than 4 or 5. It kind of tops off a 5% As you can see I am fairly new to Flavour Arts flavors. So take my recommendations with a grain of salt.

Torrone works works the same for me. Though I just tried it a few weeks ago. I use it in the 3-6 percent range. It adds a lot of body without the sweet and does not detract from nuts at all that I can tell. I looking forward to what you come up with.
Oh, and Meringue adds sweetness ant no cost I can see.

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If the goal is to avoid "custard note" ingredients by using FA flavors, know that TFA English Toffee includes both acetoin and aceltyl propiony.
http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=342819
If that's no issue, then TFA Butter (inhalation warning, 1.5% diacetyl) would do it better.

HIC,
Thanks for the response! I do have a couple of comments; My understanding is that while FA's Butter actually had diacetyl, ( I moved my FA Butter to the kitchen to make kickass popcorn) I believe the TFA butter doesn't have diacetyl but it like English Toffee has Acetoin and aceltyl propionyl which I realize are to be avoided.
I try to avoid all those but only if I can do it and still maintain as good of experience!
I am 71 years old and don't have a record of doing the safe thing! Up until 6 months ago I was inhaling a pack and a half of cigarette sized cigars a day, I ride motorcycles at over 150 mph, I build and fly experimental airplanes! I'm not advocating anything for others but for me there would probably be more important risk reduction steps than eliminating a little Acetoin and aceltyl propionyl!

VU Sponsors