Become a Patron!

Flavour Art Recipes tasting off

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey folks,

Flavour Art has it's fair share of fans here on Vaping Underground. One of the most popular recipes I've seen containing them are reddit's Cereal Killa clone and also HIC's Lemon Meringue pie.

I had to purchase the FA flavors such as Meringue from whoever had it in in stock at the time (they were sold out almost everywhere) and fear I might've received an old or "off batch". It's now been about 6 months since I purchased a few of them. My cereal killer was very poor tasting, no creaminess at all and overpowering lemon.

The HIC Lemon Meringue pie is now steeping a bit but after a shake and vape, it tasted rather odd. My wife described it as "puke" and I want to say it was like a clove-like herbal taste to it.

Mind you, my taste bunds are not developed but something isn't right. Has this been known to happen? I'd love to try a legit copy of HIC Lemon Meringue.

Sorry if I am sounding critical or negatively reviewing these recipes but I have a feeling there's something wrong with the ingredients I have on hand. I know that everyone's taste buds are different but I can usually acknowledge a flavor blend as good or bad, whether or not it's something I enjoy.

I'd love your 2 cents. Thanks =]

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some folks cant stand FA Meringue. I personally love it. It can give an eggy type taste. Maybe you just have an aversion to that particular flavor? Have you tried FA recipes without it? Hopefully this helps give you a starting point. Good luck!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had flavors that have been on my shelf too long and have lost their oomph. This can throw off the whole recipe! Best advice if you suspect this is to vape each flavor standalone at a very low percentage. Perhaps try the meringue at 2%? @HeadInClouds may have a different recommended percentage? FA Meringue tastes exactly like meringue to me. I shouldn't have a herbal taste even if you don't care for it.

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I made HIC's Lemon Meringue pie it tasted to me exactly like that. Immediately too and was even better in the days to follow.

I seem to recall various people not liking Acetyl Pyrazine and comparing it to "puke". Hic's recipe contains cookie (albeit only .5) which has AP in it. I dont know too much about it - just throwing it out there...

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most cereal clones appear to have too much lemon; I've never trusted them tbh. If HIC's LM pie isn't at least "very good," I suspect your flavors, my 2 scents.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I remember correctly, @Thunderball used marshmallow in the Lemon Meringue Pie in place of Meringue. He's one of those that doesn't care for that flavor. If you have marshmallow, you could try that?

haybill

Member For 4 Years
I also put the flavours and diluents into a warm water bath for about half an hour, and shake the beejabers out of them prior to mixing.

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it really make that much of a difference? I just assumed that they would be fully dissolved before purchase and that they wouldn't separate (unless visually seen). Shows how dumb I am. ^ ^

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Does it really make that much of a difference? I just assumed that they would be fully dissolved before purchase and that they wouldn't separate (unless visually seen). Shows how dumb I am. ^ ^

It makes a difference with everything you mix.. not just with fa ;)

Bryan Miller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah the Lemon Meringue pie is AMAZiNG after some drips. But I'd say 2/3 times I drip it, it is overly harsh and hurts. I have been shaking each mix up before dripping thoroughly so I dunno why this would be the case.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah the Lemon Meringue pie is AMAZiNG after some drips. But I'd say 2/3 times I drip it, it is overly harsh and hurts. I have been shaking each mix up before dripping thoroughly so I dunno why this would be the case.

did you shake your nic/pg/vg and flavors before mixing?

VU Sponsors