Become a Patron!

First vaporizer wont work - Joyetech ego one

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently bought the joyetech ego one 2200mah battery vaporizer. I have only smoked disposable e-cigarettes before this, so this is my first actual vaporizer. I charged it for about 30 minutes and then filled it up with e-liquid. I started it up, and started to vape. Nothing happened at all. I tried holding in the button and It started to heat up and i heard some gurgling noises so it seems to work fine, the battery isnt dead or anything. When I vaped after holding the button in for a few secs there was still no vapour when i dragged but like some unpleasant air or something. I am a complete noob here. What do I do?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If you're juice is higher in PG there won't be much vapor. Since you're hearing gurgling that tells me both the battery and the tank are working. Did it come with extra coils?... Maybe try changing the coil and see if that makes any difference. If not, I'd contact the seller you bought it from.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You are inhaling when you are pressing the button, right?

With the advances devices, you have to press the button and inhale at the same time.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhh okay so this vaporizer is REALLY strong. So strong its honestly uncomfortable. Also, the e-juice, which is menthol, doesnt taste like that at all? Its like it doesnt have a taste

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Juice will depend on where and from who, you bought from. If you bought the cheapest juice you could find, you likely got some crappy juice.

I do not own and Ego One, so I am not all that familiar with it. Can you adjust the power of the device down? Or you can try closing down the airflow some too.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Juice will depend on where and from who, you bought from. If you bought the cheapest juice you could find, you likely got some crappy juice.

I do not own and Ego One, so I am not all that familiar with it. Can you adjust the power of the device down? Or you can try closing down the airflow some too.
The ejuice is menthol 18mg from triphammer. The taste isnt like menthol at all, its so crappy. I bought three other ejuices that are from french touch. The one from triphammer was the most expensive one. Also taking down the airflow helps a bit. But i can only drag in for a split second if not ill start to seriously caugh and its awful. This isnt enjoyable at all so Im wondering if something is really wrong? I cant adjust the power of the device at all, all I can do is change the atomizer which is 1.0 ohm right now. The device came with another atomizer that was 0.5 ohms

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going from disposables to an ego one tank is going to give you a much stronger hit, and 18mg nic is probably too much. If you can buy zero nic in the same flavor you could mix them 50/50 and end up with 9mg instead of 18mg.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Going from disposables to an ego one tank is going to give you a much stronger hit, and 18mg nic is probably too much. If you can buy zero nic in the same flavor you could mix them 50/50 and end up with 9mg instead of 18mg.
The flavour is utter crap and tastes like nothing really, so Im never buying that again. I will buy e-liquid with much lower nic from now on. Thanks for the reply

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The flavour is utter crap and tastes like nothing really, so Im never buying that again. I will buy e-liquid with much lower nic from now on. Thanks for the reply
I also started with 18mg on cigalikes, and moved to 12mg once I bought a tank. Good luck - some flavors are just plain nasty, so it's always helpful to do some taste tests at a vape shop.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like tank is extremely flooded when they get flooded you will get a gurgle and hardly any vape and will not taste right. Remove tank dry everything out including the connections. You might take the tank turn upside down blow the mouthpiece to see if any excess fluid spits out.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like tank is extremely flooded when they get flooded you will get a gurgle and hardly any vape and will not taste right. Remove tank dry everything out including the connections. You might take the tank turn upside down blow the mouthpiece to see if any excess fluid spits out.
There was barely anything in the tank, and then I filled it up a bit more and its still the same so that isnt the problem. Also theres no gurgle sound when I vape

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There was barely anything in the tank, and then I filled it up a bit more and its still the same so that isnt the problem. Also theres no gurgle sound when I vape
If you can try a new coil after you dry the unit out

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also started with 18mg on cigalikes, and moved to 12mg once I bought a tank. Good luck - some flavors are just plain nasty, so it's always helpful to do some taste tests at a vape shop.
Unfortunately I live in Norway, where there are zero vape shops in the entire country. The websites you can get e-juices from are extremly limited too. All I could order from a decent website I found was from the producers triphammer and french touch. There are some other websites that sells e-juices from these producers: epuff, twelve vapour, red vape, cosmic fog, the milkman, fire pawns, pura lite and xeo. Are any of these good?

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have another coil, but thats is a 0.5 ohm coil.
You can also ck the coil you took out to see if it is flooded just blow excess liquid out and when you refill be care full. I'm not familiar with your with ego one to know if it will work with .05 Are you sure you have power setting up high enough?

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked it will also take a 0.5 so you can use it if you have a bad coil

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately I live in Norway, where there are zero vape shops in the entire country. The websites you can get e-juices from are extremly limited too. All I could order from a decent website I found was from the producers triphammer and french touch. There are some other websites that sells e-juices from these producers: epuff, twelve vapour, red vape, cosmic fog, the milkman, fire pawns, pura lite and xeo. Are any of these good?
I never buy juice (I DIY), but a friend buys Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey all the time, and it's absolutely delicious! I can't tell you about the others, because I don't buy juice, although when I first started vaping I did buy Five Pawns which was very good. I see lots of people buying Milkman also. Never heard of the others!

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never buy juice (I DIY), but a friend buys Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey all the time, and it's absolutely delicious! I can't tell you about the others, because I don't buy juice, although when I first started vaping I did buy Five Pawns which was very good. I see lots of people buying Milkman also. Never heard of the others!
Allright, thank you :)

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can also ck the coil you took out to see if it is flooded just blow excess liquid out and when you refill be care full. I'm not familiar with your with ego one to know if it will work with .05 Are you sure you have power setting up high enough?
Actually, I checked now, and the atomizer had e-juice ALL over it. This thing is seriously leaking! I cleaned everything and started vaping a bit, and then unscrewed the tank again, and its leakage everywhere again. What do I do to prevent that?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, I checked now, and the atomizer had e-juice ALL over it. This thing is seriously leaking! I cleaned everything and started vaping a bit, and then unscrewed the tank again, and its leakage everywhere again. What do I do to prevent that?

Make sure the coil is tightly screwed into the base. Check all your O rings.

That said, my ego one mega tank leaked all the time.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you sure the coil is screwed on very tight

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If all else fails ck for missing o rings and make sure your not over filling the tank if you fill it over the inside tube your over filling it.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the O ring?
It will be a small rubber o ring at the base of the coil (some are hard to see) it should have one if not the .5 will have it you can remove it and install it in same place as the other and make sure your not over filling it above the metal tube in the tank.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will be a small rubber o ring at the base of the coil (some are hard to see) it should have one if not the .5 will have it you can remove it and install it in same place as the other and make sure your not over filling it above the metal tube in the tank.
everything seems fine there

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
everything seems fine there
OK then I would just replace the rubber o ring from the .5 coil to the other coil if that does not work you will have to use the .5 coil because the other one is defective.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK then I would just replace the rubber o ring from the .5 coil to the other coil if that does not work you will have to use the .5 coil because the other one is defective.
I went ahead and changed to the 0.5 ohm coil and everything still tastes horrible (maybe burnt even) and it still leaks really badly. At this point im seriously thinking I should just get a new device. Maybe something much simpler

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went ahead and changed to the 0.5 ohm coil and everything still tastes horrible (maybe burnt even) and it still leaks really badly. At this point im seriously thinking I should just get a new device. Maybe something much simpler
did you put a few drops of liquid on the coil before you installed it? If not, you've likely burned the cotton, and it will be unusable.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did you put a few drops of liquid on the coil before you installed it? If not, you've likely burned the cotton, and it will be unusable.
I did not do that, no. I wasnt aware that yo had to do that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not do that, no. I wasnt aware that yo had to do that.
Oh yes - didn't it say so in the instructions? You always have to 'prime' a coil! Try it now, although it may be too late if the cotton is burned.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be too late I'm surprised the instructions did not mention this. This is the whole problem. When you burn out the coils it leaves a hole where the juice will escape and cause a flooding.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will be too late I'm surprised the instructions did not mention this. This is the whole problem. When you burn out the coils it leaves a hole where the juice will escape and cause a flooding.
All that the instructions said was to simply fill up the tank and thats it. I checked multiple guides online too and they did not mention that I needed to drip e-liquid on the coil first :/ Well, thank you for all the help. Now I finally know what the issue is and can fix it later.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yes - didn't it say so in the instructions? You always have to 'prime' a coil! Try it now, although it may be too late if the cotton is burned.
All that the instructions said was to simply fill up the tank and thats it. I checked multiple guides online too and they did not mention that I needed to drip e-liquid on the coil first :/ Well, thank you for all the help. Now I finally know what the issue is and can fix it later.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well at least you know now. I always drip into each hole until it stops taking any more juice then a drop or two in the coil and then put it together let sit a few min then dry hit it couple times and your good to go. your welcome.

VU Sponsors