Become a Patron!

First timer.

Hey all,

Just got into the DIY juice and purchased my flavors from nudenicotine.com. Been having some problems and wondering if anyone has purchased from them before. The mixture I have is 90% VG 5% Nic 5% Flavor, on the site they recommended 2.5 - 7.5% for flavoring and they are on the flavoring bottles. When I first made some I tried them immediately and they tasted like candle wax. So now after steeping for a little over a week they have only gotten a little bit better but still not vapeable. Been steeping them at room temp and I keep them in a case to prevent sunlight.

Long story short I'm positive I got the ratios right and after a week of steeping it still tastes like ass. I made 9 bottles all different flavors. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I usually use 15% flavoring but not familiar with nudenicotine so not sure what you have, are they LA or TFA flavors or just something nudenic made up or what? Also, and this is just my preference, you're using way too much vg. Unless you are dripping, thin it out a bit maybe with 20% pg.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have never used their flavors, but a quick look shows they're all vg/alcohol flavorings. Perhaps someone else who's used these flavors can chime in? Did you try different levels of the flavoring?

I am dripping so I like full VG. As far as LA or TFA I have no idea everything was purchased on there website. I am trying with lower and higher flavors but I just made them the other day.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am dripping so I like full VG. As far as LA or TFA I have no idea everything was purchased on there website. I am trying with lower and higher flavors but I just made them the other day.

It looks as if those flavors are their own. If you don't have success with these, you might try some better known flavors: TFA, FA, Capella, etc.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 8 of them but haven't tried. BTW, what flavor did you get? I've also heard you can put a drop into 10 drops of water and just taste it..

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are all 2 part flavors which is why I haven't messed with them. No way to alter other than with a 3rd non nude or 4 nudes STILL with no great way to alter.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nude nic flavors take a long time to steep. I got the starter kit (more stuff than needed, in hind sight a waste) with a few flavors and they tasted terrible at first. Never got great, but not bad. Vent the bottles every few days to let the alcohol out (perfume smell).

High vg mixes take longer to steep too.

When you say 5%, you put your desired nic level in the calculator at 5mg/ml?

If you put 5% of the 36mg/ml nic solution in you may have a lot more nic than you want.

Yes I mean 5mg/ml. I've aired them out maybe a total of 20 hours. I thought if you air them out too long you lose a lot of flavor, but at this point I am willing to try anything. How long would you say it took yours to steep fq06?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just uncap it and blow in the bottle put the cap back on to get fresh air in on days that I remember.

It was about a month. Using the ethyl maltol takes some of the sharpness away. Not much though, I used a few drops per 10 ml.

I moved on to other flavor companies. Check the recipe sub forum to get some ideas, you will see some of the same flavors used in a lot of recipes and grab a few. Find one or two recipes that sound good and have a couple overlapping flavors, get the flavors in that to copy it exactly and then from there just freestyle it and make your own mix.

There are many people in there that can help you and give your diy game a boost ;)

VU Sponsors