Become a Patron!

First time DIYer

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I placed my order for my first batch of DIY juice along with needed supplies and they should be arriving within the week.

Here's a question. Is there any general/best practices when I get my supplies such as boiling to sterilize any droppers or bottles I get and how do I go about cleanup when I'm done mixing?

Do I just rinse them out or do I need to boil them? Getting mixed info here on some sites I've visited.

Any help would be great :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rinse everything with hot water, then let it soak in a big bowl full of hot, soapy water (Dawn dish soap) Then I rinse everything thoroughly in hot water and lay it on paper towels to air dry.

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so nothing too drastic then that's good to know :) thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some go through a "sterilization" process with alcohol, boiling, pure grain alcohol soaks, etc, and that's fine. But I treat my "vape dishes" just like I do my kitchen dishes and I'm not dead yet. Lol! I put my glass bottles in the dishwasher. ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hmm
Ive only been doing this a month or so.

I use a scale so no dropper or nothing. All I have is my bottles. I reuse the same bottle for the same flavor usually, but will rinse it out with some water.
I have a funnel that I use to poor the stuff from the bigger bottles into the smaller bottles. I rinse that out with just water and a paper towel.

How much and how you "sterilize" the stuff you use it up to you. Just depends on how germaphobic and paranoid you are.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rinse everything with hot water, then let it soak in a big bowl full of hot, soapy water (Dawn dish soap) Then I rinse everything thoroughly in hot water and lay it on paper towels to air dry.

yep yep... was a bit more crazy the first week... (got over it ;p) do about the same for tanks and such when they first get here and to clean em up .. I skip the dawn for the cotton tho haha.. only other thing is for tanks a little bit of 'touch' qtip or toothbrush .. to help with any oily film.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just rinse everything with water in the bathroom sink after use then dry it with paper towels.
For used bottles, I leave them opened and in a wire basket to dry out.

While mixing, I use a cup of water for my syringes. Suck and squirt water from them a few times between flavors.
Nicotine is added last so the sink rinse is right after.

Brandontf8o8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to germaphobic so I guess that makes it easier haha

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some go through a "sterilization" process with alcohol, boiling, pure grain alcohol soaks, etc, and that's fine. But I treat my "vape dishes" just like I do my kitchen dishes and I'm not dead yet. Lol! I put my glass bottles in the dishwasher. ;)
I have followed her advice and I'm still alive and kicking

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

VU Sponsors