Become a Patron!

First rda, wotofo sapor or mutation x v4?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thinking about picking up an rda to try building on, I really like all the options on the mutation x v4 but Im not sure about the how leaky people bottom airflow is. So is the sapor the better option even though i couldn't run a single coil on it? I am limited to 60w and .2 ohm too so I'm not really going to be cloud chasing.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I literally just ordered the mutation x v4 last night. It should be here by middle of next week. It's my first rda and I'm jumping head first into the coil building process. I also ordered some Ni wire to test of the temp control. I'll update ASAP once I get it. I have heard good things about the Sapor and Velocity clones(if your budget is like mine, and doesn't allow me to get the original)

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I literally just ordered the mutation x v4 last night. It should be here by middle of next week. It's my first rda and I'm jumping head first into the coil building process. I also ordered some Ni wire to test of the temp control. I'll update ASAP once I get it. I have heard good things about the Sapor and Velocity clones(if your budget is like mine, and doesn't allow me to get the original)
I should've mentioned I'll pony up for the original so I don't get a bad first dripper experience, they're only 30 bucks so that's like a couple days worth of cigs to me lol.

BluelineVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I should've mentioned I'll pony up for the original so I don't get a bad first dripper experience, they're only 30 bucks so that's like a couple days worth of cigs to me lol.

I hear you man, me too. I meant only the velocity in terms of clones, originals can be $100+. The other 2 obviously get the originals.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you man, me too. I meant only the velocity in terms of clones, originals can be $100+. The other 2 obviously get the originals.
Oh yea, I can't see spending that much on an rda ever, even a 100 dollar mod is alot for me

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would definitely say go for the Sapor, the mut 4 is very leaky unless you pull the topcap and "paint the wicks" instead of just dropping from the top. You can fix this somewhat by installing the plugs provided in the bottom airflow, but that kind of defeats the purpose. The sapor has great flavor and airflow. You would be suprised how much vapor and flavor you can get at 60 watts with a .7ohm dual coil in the Sapor.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh...and the Sapor does not leak...at all....ever

firemandan26

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the mutation and it leaks like crazy. You have to be extremely careful not to let you juice fall into the bottom air holes. I never use my mutation anymore. I have not tried the sapor so I can't give you any advice on that. I do have a great recommendation though. The EHPRO Nixon RDA, You still get the bottom airflow but the airflow come from a tube that comes out of the juice well. It's the EHPRO version of the Kennedy. Its a great vape, easy to build on, and amazing flavor at or below 60 watts. It's priced perfectly too. I got mine off of eBay. I think you would really enjoy it.

TheFog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The authentic mutxv4 comes with stoppers for the bottom air flow so u can solve the problem and there isn't that much loss in airflow...I love building on the thing and the "cooling extention " looks cool and seems to actually help with vape temp. The Sapor is also a good choice...one other u might want to take a look at is the Doge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys, I checked out the mutation x v4 at the local b&m but got convinced to buy a turbo v2 to try out since they didn't have the sapor. the build deck seemed bigger and I don't have any bottom airflow to worry about.

kevinmyfsu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you want a bigger deck check out the Troll. Like the Sapor it is also made by Wotofo and is an inexpensive authentic with a nice sized build space. Usually $30. It's great for a first RDA.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes mutation x v4 leaks badly. but ffor some reason i use it daily. lol

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want a bigger deck check out the Troll. Like the Sapor it is also made by Wotofo and is an inexpensive authentic with a nice sized build space. Usually $30. It's great for a first RDA.
I might pick up the sapor or a troll too, right now I'm loving this turbo v2 its pretty much impossible to get spitback with the screen and fan.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a sapor, just a quick tip, raise the coil so its about 1-2mm higher than the post holes and pull them out towards where the wall lf the barrel will be. this way they are directly under the airholes and away from where the center hole is. you'll avoid spitback and maximize airflow this way.
Its q killer RDA and you almost have to force it to leak.
Congrats
Its a nickel build but you get the idea
temporary_zps2ds15b44.jpg

Last edited:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay thanks, I might still pick one up, Im not 100 percent crazy about the three post deck I have, and the vape is actually too cool at 50-60 watts for my liking.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Probably one of the better beginner atty's imho are three post decks. I usually regiment the REM entry or the flawless production, both are relatively inexpensive and well built with plenty of airflow and easy to build on deck,
What about the deck don't you like?

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably one of the better beginner atty's imho are three post decks. I usually regiment the REM entry or the flawless production, both are relatively inexpensive and well built with plenty of airflow and easy to build on deck,
What about the deck don't you like?
Mostly getting both coils in evenly and centered and clipping the leads, its my first build so I'm sure itll get easier. Here's the build 26g 7 wraps about 2mm .4 ohm:
1eb669cef9226ed60aa97cb1033fbfe5.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It looks good for a first run! Shit, dude, it definitely gets easier. I started building on a single coil RTA, a few weeks into it I was cramming dual coils and chimney coils in it. Just watch some tube you videos and practice at it, you'll get it dude.

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
for sure mutation v4,the vapor and flavor of it,no any other atty can beat it

kevinmyfsu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been really enjoying titanium builds in my Sapor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greencow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got a bad habit of buying a new RDA from my local B&M every wednesday.....They put 'em all on sale then. Out of everything I've bought so far, I keep coming back to the mutation. The flavor is amazing, and it'll produce good clouds if that's what you're after. I had issues with it leaking at first, but once I started wicking it properly, it doesn't really happen anymore. Just have to make sure the wick is clear of the bottom air holes, I drip straight through the drip tip, and I don't have any problems.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a bad habit of buying a new RDA from my local B&M every wednesday.....They put 'em all on sale then. Out of everything I've bought so far, I keep coming back to the mutation. The flavor is amazing, and it'll produce good clouds if that's what you're after. I had issues with it leaking at first, but once I started wicking it properly, it doesn't really happen anymore. Just have to make sure the wick is clear of the bottom air holes, I drip straight through the drip tip, and I don't have any problems.
I might still pick one up, my turbo v2 chucks at my low wattage level (60w) but I'm looking for more flavor right now. The center post block us a must though, I hate the three posts

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
It really depends on vaping style. I tend towards the care free style(drip through the tip). I would not suggest bottom air flow for this style, I have a freak show and leak allot.

If you paint your coils, then bottom air flow is fine.

I try to find an rta that compares to an rda for even more care free vaping, but nothing compares to rda....goblin mini is close.

For care free dripping I'd suggest sapor then, velocity. Velocity isn't as warm and side air flow, but nice juice well.

All said, I've been using my sapor exclusively since I've got it. Derringer is slightly better flavor and warmth, but sapor is just easy.

Plenty here have more experience than me, but i have omega, mutation v1 and v2, doge 2, tobh, hastur, derringer, mephisto v1, zenith, freakshow, magma, cats, plume veil, and veritas.

I like flavorful warm vape, been meaning to go back to the derringer to compare,(I think it is a bit more flavorful and warm)but the sapor is just so easy as far as not leaking and wide bore tip to drip through, that i haven't got around to it.

Velocity is great to build on, sapor pretty easy, derringer is a slight pain. Ideally i am looking for an rda with sapor style tip and airflow, with velocity posts and a more reduced air chamber.

VU Sponsors