Become a Patron!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Morning Everyone,

I have been vaping for nearly a year now and exclusively used tanks. I started my sub ohm journey with a Kanger mini and worked my way up to the TFV4. I've owned a lot in between and settled into the aforementioned tank and a Herakles Plus. Both of those tanks offer what I've been after; lots of air, vapor production and flavor. I'd always wanted to try out an RDA but considering I have just recently gotten good at building on simple single coil decks like the Kanger and Smok RBA's, I found them to be rather daunting.

A good friend of mine who is on a similar path decided to pick up a MutationX V4 but never even took it out of the box. He offered to send it to me and I jumped on it. I decided for my first RDA I'd purchase some fancy pre-made coils so I hit up one of our resident builders @raymo2u who has posted some very impressive builds. After some discussion over PM, we worked out a deal where he would send me a pre-built Mutation X V4 that would be ready to vape right out of the box.

I received it today and I am officially a believer. The duel Clapton .25 build on the RDA is above and beyond anything I've ever vaped before. It's exactly what I was looking for; tons of vapor, flavor and air flow. I have not been able to put it down since I got it around noon and have burned through nearly 30mls of my go to juice, Mohawk's Yohawk. While dripping is a bit of a chore compared to a tank, the reward is well worth it. This has reinvigorated my love for vaping and will burn a new and bigger hole in my pocket. Thanks to @raymo2u for helping me get started and I'm looking forward to learning all about building. Here are some pics of the new set up...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a V2 that I've been using a long time. (authentic)
Maybe they changed the grade of stainless since then, but the bell cap section of it corroded
right away and I can't seem to clean it. Looks rusty.
Sorry can't send a pic.
Just keep an eye on the inside of the bell cap on your V4. FYI.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a V2 that I've been using a long time. (authentic)
Maybe they changed the grade of stainless since then, but the bell cap section of it corroded
right away and I can't seem to clean it. Looks rusty.
Sorry can't send a pic.
Just keep an eye on the inside of the bell cap on your V4. FYI.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out. Luckily I have two V4's now. ;)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mighty nice setup you got there! Im glad its working out for you!
It's working out great. I'm going to attempt to re-wick tonight. I watched a few youtube's and it seems pretty straight forward.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The re-wicking went over well. Its not pretty but works like a charm.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard of it and remember watching Rip Trippers doing a video on it. I'll check it out and give it a try.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Morning Everyone,

I have been vaping for nearly a year now and exclusively used tanks. I started my sub ohm journey with a Kanger mini and worked my way up to the TFV4. I've owned a lot in between and settled into the aforementioned tank and a Herakles Plus. Both of those tanks offer what I've been after; lots of air, vapor production and flavor. I'd always wanted to try out an RDA but considering I have just recently gotten good at building on simple single coil decks like the Kanger and Smok RBA's, I found them to be rather daunting.

A good friend of mine who is on a similar path decided to pick up a MutationX V4 but never even took it out of the box. He offered to send it to me and I jumped on it. I decided for my first RDA I'd purchase some fancy pre-made coils so I hit up one of our resident builders @raymo2u who has posted some very impressive builds. After some discussion over PM, we worked out a deal where he would send me a pre-built Mutation X V4 that would be ready to vape right out of the box.

I received it today and I am officially a believer. The duel Clapton .25 build on the RDA is above and beyond anything I've ever vaped before. It's exactly what I was looking for; tons of vapor, flavor and air flow. I have not been able to put it down since I got it around noon and have burned through nearly 30mls of my go to juice, Mohawk's Yohawk. While dripping is a bit of a chore compared to a tank, the reward is well worth it. This has reinvigorated my love for vaping and will burn a new and bigger hole in my pocket. Thanks to @raymo2u for helping me get started and I'm looking forward to learning all about building. Here are some pics of the new set up...

View attachment 43297 View attachment 43298 View attachment 43299
Yep, that was my very first RDA and I still love it. Great flavor and performance, welcome to the Rabbit Hole!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors