First Lipo box mod help

Justcody

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hello I am new to the lipo box mod build but I am quite curious about them. I want to find how I could build an unregulated lipo box with a out put power adjuster, and as well I would want it to be able to fire .05 ohm builds. (not I would ever build something that low just for saftey with the lipos for when I do .1 ohm cloud chasers) So something safe around 80-90 amps I would guess. Depending on the battery output. So if you have any information on parts, batteries, or just a simple redirection of this idea let me know Thanks!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My other hobby is R/C Helicopter (CP). Therefore, I'm also a member of a forum for this hobby. They have a sub forum for Vapers, and I stumbled over the following thread. I don't know, what kind of LiPo you're thinking of. However you might get an idea.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=491092
Furthermore, the following link is a good tool for some vape related calculations.
http://www.steam-engine.org

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I was an R/Cer for many years as well. As I mentioned in another thread, LiPo power is not something you want to toy around with if you don't know what you're doing. LiPos are soft cell batteries and do not lend themselves well to this kind of application. The level of care needed to handle (and especially charge) these batteries safely is above and beyond normal battery care.

I've seen dozens of LiPo explosions and fires, mostly due to improper charging. It's not pretty. There are plenty of power options already for sub and super-sub ohm builds without getting into LiPo.

Justcody

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys lots of useful info!

VU Sponsors