Become a Patron!

First Dual-Coil build

I am fairly new to the world of RDA vaping. However, I just received my ohm meter, new batter, and new coils. I have a Big Dripper Clone RDA tank. The coils are supposed to be 1ohm each (I don't wrap my own.) I am using a Kamry K300 battery case and an efest imr 18650 20A high-drain battery. The battery works with my clearomizers so I don't think that's the problem. My ohms read at about .5-.6. Everything seems to be in order to me. However, when I fire the battery, it smokes for a short second and then nothing happens. Is it a short? Did I do my math wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 9

KappaCory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
need some more feedback for your big dripper, it looks like a great build but try to straighten them out horizontally, unless you were going for a special type of coil build in which you would angle, but i doubt that. Make sure your pulsing your coils until they get nice and orange then stop and gently compress each of them (really recommend some ceramic tweezers as if you accidentally fire while compressing you will not short the coils) once they are both heating evenly you need to do your wicking and properly saturate things, I don't know how many you've built before but maybe this will help you out.

Thanks for the reply. It didn't address my initial problem but that worked itself out somehow. I wicked it up. It smokes nice, however, it doesn't give me as much smoke as I'd like and when I fire the battery it takes 1-2 seconds before the coils actually get hot. This is basically my second build ever so I'm fairly new.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    698.1 KB · Views: 2

VU Sponsors