Become a Patron!

first attempt at magnets on ipv3

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First I need to point out that while I have the magnets working for me. It still needs alot of changes before most people would find it acceptable.

I just used nemisis magnets, since I had enough on hand. First I tried putting them all inside the box. That wouldn't work because the door was way to far open. So I ended up putting 3 magnets inside the box, and another 3 on the outside of the door. This of course looks pretty bad. But if I decide to leave them, I will order a wrap to hide them.

I couldn't put a magnet in each corner, because of the batterys at lower left.While they work they really aren't strong enough. It probably needs disk magnets the same size as these rings.

I am making this post partly to show what I tried, so maybe others can make it workable, and give me hints on what to try next. But mainly I need to know for sure that the magnets where I put them wont cause any issues with the electronics.

ipv3magnets.jpg

aarrgh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did a mod move this? I posted in the regulated mods section(unless I screwed up). I didn't get an alert that is was moved. So I spent 10 minutes finding it.

Its about rebuilding the box not rebuilding the coil. Any one slightly interested in it, will be in that forum, not here.

VU Sponsors