Become a Patron!

Finally have some recipes I think are worthy of sharing :)

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Got a bunch of flavors from Flavourart and have been mixing for a few years now, but have just recently gotten to spread out and try a lot of different things instead of just what i know works. Figured I'd share some of my hard work with people who have helped me out a lot even if they don't know they have. All of my flavors are Flavourart just to save some time. A note though, I let all of my recipes steep a minimum of a few days before vaping them. Please feel free to try and let me know how you like them :)

First recipe (steep time: 3 days on first try, tried again after after 4 more days)
1% vanilla classic
.6% chocolate
1% oba oba
1% 7 leaves

I think it needs the longer steep to smooth out the wrinkles. I really liked this one. Had some herbal notes which I'm guessing came from the oba oba and/or 7 leaves, but they were very welcome. Almost seemed like the flavors changed as you inhaled and exhaled. My friend said he'd like it more with a little less tobacco, but I barely noticed any tobacco at all. Maybe it's because i'm a former smoker and he chews.

Second recipe (steep time: 7 days +)
1% Ry4
1.5% Royal
.5% oba oba
.3% maple syrup
.5% nut mix

I liked it, but didn't quite have the kick i usually go for. Might try raising the Ry4 and Royal next go around. Otherwise I thought it was nice, sweet, with a little tobacco kick.

Third recipe (steep time: at least a few days)
.5% anise
3% watermelon
2.5% raspberry
3% marshmallow

I tried this both as a shake n' vape and letting it sit for a few days. It was pretty good right after making it, but I thought it mellowed out very nicely after letting it sit a few days. My friend also says he thought it was really good.

4th and 5th recipes (steep time: 7 days +)
1% amber
.25% anise
1% raspberry/ 1% watermelon

Me and my friend both really liked both. I imagine the amber and anise would go well with a lot of sweet fruity flavors.

6th recipe (steep time: 7 days+)
2.5% torrone
2% nut mix
.5% maple syrup

I thought this was really good. Friend thought it was really good. loved the caramelly, nutty, sweetness. Might have been too much nut mix though. I'm remaking this one with .5% nut mix and will come back later with my thoughts or someone else here can mix this up and share their thoughts.

7th and final recipe for now (steep time: shake n' vape, a few days, and a 3rd bottle i let sit for 2 weeks)
.5% maple syrup
.5 vanilla bourbon
2% Ry4
1.8% nut mix

definitely too much nut mix, sucked the sweetness out of the other flavors as a shake n' vape. After a few days it got sweeter and better, but after trying the 3rd bottle letting that one sit for 2 weeks it was damn good. HeadinClouds suggested I try adding some Maxxblend and lowering the nut mix to get the sweet tobacco-ey flavor i'm looking for. I made a revised version of this with his suggestion in mind and it should be good to go here in a few days.

That's all for now. If anyone tries my recipes please let me know what you think! good or bad. I definitely had a few recipes not listed here that were just... awful lol.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
thank you very much! I had almost forgotten what it was like to play mad scientist and try a lot of unknown flavors as I had been making just a handful of recipes I liked vaping day in and day out as I didn't have the money to try experimenting.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol thanks. Idk about any sort of creative genius at all. I just read a lot of notes on each given flavor, taste mixes myself, and then go "ya know, I bet this would go pretty good with this... maybe a dash of that" and pray it works out lmao.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Best way to learn the flavors, imo. There's a lot of good recipes here, for sure. I so rarely see Anise used. I love that little flavor.
It's kinda hard to use and seems like it really only goes well with fruity flavors imo. It's so strong too that anything more than .5% will completely cover up most anything else you put in.

Thank you misswish. Let me know what you think. I hope you like them.

hertigg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for sharing these

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This truly is an awesome share. I think when we post things like this, meaning our trials and thoughts we are not the only ones learning. We are sharing what we learned to everyone else and I find that valuable. Thank you so much for your sharing of recipes and notes.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No problem. Man I love this forum so far. Seemed like whenever I tried sharing stuff on ecf a mod would come and move it for some unknown reason and it would get buried and maybe a handful of people would comment on it. You guys are so much more welcoming and talkative. I love it. I have no problems sharing my notes and recipes with you guys seeing as how everyone here seems open to doing the same with me. Another reason I'm wanting to share recipes to see how people like my recipes is I'm thinking of maybe one day opening a shop and selling recipes, but I think I might just be idly musing. Who knows. I'm going to be posting some more recipes this weekend some time so check back tomorrow for more recipes :).

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a lovely tobacco recipe for when you're hurting for a real cigarette.

1.6% cuban supreme (FA)
1% layton (FA)
2.5% marshmallow (FA)
.2% vanilla classic (FA)
Created on Sept 4th, vaped on Sept 19th.

I have a waterproof container that I keep my bottles in while they're steeping and keep the container at the top of my shower so whenever someone takes a nice hot shower it's like heating up the bottles just a little and hopefully after a few people shower everyday it speeds up the steeping process, much like how people will put a newly made bottle into hot water for a "quick steep".

This recipe was a surprising one. After I made it I read some more notes on cuban supreme and layton and thought "oh god this is going to be reeeeally tobacco-ey". I had tried Headinclouds "Light cigarette replacement" and found it to be pretty good, but i like a little more sweetness to my tobaccos. (no offense HIC, your recipe was very good). If i were to compare this recipe to HIC's I'd say if you liked light cigarettes with no sweet notes and don't want to wait nearly 2 weeks to vape a replacement lol, by all means go with his recipe. If you smoked a little bolder cigarettes (I smoked Marlboro southern cut) and like a little sweetness to your tobaccos give this a shot. I loved it and hopefully you will too.

On a side note. Is there a way to make like a personal space for all my recipes, notes, etc., here? I'd like to keep all my recipes and notes in one place rather than spread out through an entire thread.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On a side note. Is there a way to make like a personal space for all my recipes, notes, etc., here? I'd like to keep all my recipes and notes in one place rather than spread out through an entire thread.
No, I'm sorry, there isn't one. You could continually add to this one thread, but that's not what you're looking for, I know. Other than a document elsewhere to link to, or an online calculator, there isn't anything like it here, at this time.

This recipe looks tasty, as well.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm anxious for someone to give me feedback on one of my recipes lmao. I'm finally gonna get to try that #7 with the revisions i made from HIC's advice here in a bit. i'm super excited and expect it to taste really good. i'll let you know here in like 30 minutes lol.

and that's awesome and I would greatly appreciate it.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm finally gonna get to try that #7 with the revisions i made from HIC's advice here in a bit. i'm super excited and expect it to taste really good. i'll let you know here in like 30 minutes.

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting this recipe just right. It's not bad by any means, but I feel like it's missing something. Some kind of oomph to make it superb. It was still pretty good though. Back to the drawing board.

Kiwi_Vaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great effort @mchaggis79 ...The recipes look great. For the post above, have you tried using MTS Vape Wizard? I have heard it goes well with Tobacco recipes and makes them shine...possibly add that oomph you are after. All the best and keep up the good work.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great effort @mchaggis79 ...The recipes look great. For the post above, have you tried using MTS Vape Wizard? I have heard it goes well with Tobacco recipes and makes them shine...possibly add that oomph you are after. All the best and keep up the good work.

I have heard of it. I think I tried it once not really knowing what it did and wasn't impressed. I might try again now that I actually know anything about it and it's effects on tobaccos. I have a bunch of the darker tobaccos from FA that I'm nervous to try cause I'm a wimp when it comes to strong tobaccos. I might play around a bit with them this weekend though. Thanks.

Edit: I need to get some cream fresh! I know that works great with tobaccos! I can't believe I forgot to order some.

I am in the same boat and fully agree with Huckleberried here.....;). So, a big thank you to all you creative geniuses out there helping us create yummy juices.

You're welcome. I hope after you try some of my recipes you come back and stand by that statement of yummy recipes lol.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another week another batch of recipes. Some really good, others were meh. I won't bother with the meh recipes lol. Again flavors are flavorart

The revised recipe I had made with HIC's advice that I thought was pretty good or at least good enough to share was this
.5% maple syrup
1.5% vanilla classic
1% RY4
.5% nut mix
2% Maxxblend
(made on the 13th, vaped on 20th and after)

Pretty good, got some nice sweetness to it. Didn't really notice the nut mix on this one. Maybe just not found my sweet spot for it Idk. Might swap out the classic for the bourbon to give it a little more boldness rather than just straight sweetness. This is a recipe I'm shooting for greatness with, but while it's not quite there, this is still a pretty good stepping stone.

Another decent recipe. I think I need to start coming up with names for my recipes so I can keep them straight in my head and for sharing purposes.
For now they're just dates and numbers.

9-4-15, #8
.5% anise
.3% maple syrup
.7% nut mix
1% RY4

pretty good. The anise and maple definitely override the nuttiness of the nut mix and the RY4. maybe raise the %s of those two or find an alternative to RY4.

And my last and by far and away my favorite of the bunch.

created on 9-13-15, vaped after the 20th.
1% vanilla classic
.6% chocolate
1% oba oba
.75% 7 leaves
1% marshmallow

very sweet, very very yummy. great combination imho of sweetness, herbal notes, and tobacco. I absolutely love this. There's got to be something for me at least to the oba oba + 7 leaves combo that just makes recipes taste awesome. It's a combo I'm for sure going to have fun experimenting with. I loved this recipe.

That's all for this week folks. as always please let me know what you think if you happen to try one of my recipes. I'd love to hear some feedback.

atssec97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All of these look Tasty! Gonna have to make a tobacco shopping list! Thanks again for sharing!!

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol no problem. I've been adding recipes to this every week or so. Check back from time to time and see more and if you try any of my recipes let me know what you think. Good or bad.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My friend had me bring my flavors to a nearby shop that has their own line of homemade recipes. I presented around 13 recipes and they liked 4. I'm wondering if it's worth it to sell recipes through a shop?

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WARNING LONG POST AHEAD.

Well folks it's been awhile since I posted some recipes and I've been hard at work making new ones. I can't remember what all recipes I already posted so I'm just going with my notes so far. All FA (except for my graham cracker v2 which is CAP) and allowed to steep about a week at least.

.5% maple syrup
.5% vanilla bourbon
2% RY4
1.8% nut mix

Rather dry. Too much nut mix for sure. Not bad. Definitely worth a try with less nut mix.

.5% maple syrup
1.5% vanilla classic
1% RY4
.5% nut mix
2% Maxx blend

Too little nut mix this time, but otherwise I liked it. Needs oomph. When my next order comes in I'm going to try lowering the Maxx blend and adding 1% cream fresh. I can't find any vape wizard anywhere! Everywhere is sold out!

Same as #2, but with .75% nut mix

Better nut to tobacco and maple mix, but again needs cream fresh and vape wizard if I can ever find it.

1.6% Cuban supreme
1% Layton
2.5% marshmallow
.2% van classic

Fucking love this recipe. I raised the vanilla up to 1% and now it's perfect.

2.5% torrone
2% nut mix
.5% maple syrup

Lower nut mix. Definitely too much.

2.5% torrone
.75% nut mix
.6% maple syrup

Perfect. Another one I love and I've had a few others say this is for sure a keeper. Try it. You'll like it too I hope.

1% amber
1% raspberry OR watermelon
.25% anise

Very good. The watermelon needs to be a tad higher to be perfect imo, but very very good. I also tried this recipe with 1% black cherry and I didn't particularly care for it. Seems to only be good imo with lighter fruit flavors.

1% vanilla classic
.6% chocolate
1% oba oba
1% 7 leaves

A week long steep is good for the soul with this one. Got some nice herbal notes. #9 is a better variation though

1% vanilla classic
.6% chocolate
1% oba oba
.75% 7 leaves
1% marshmallow

Damn good. Loved this one. Nice herbal notes, just enough tobacco to keep it interesting, nice and sweet.

1% RY4
1.5% royal
.5% oba oba
.3% maple syrup
.5% nut mix

Not bad. Remade this into#11 for reasons I'll explain

1.5% RY4
1.5% royal
1% oba oba
.4% maple syrup
.75% nut mix

Needed to be sweeter than #10 imo hence the extra maple syrup. The extra oba oba added some notes I found welcome. The extra nut mix rounded things out I think. I liked it a lot.

1.25% RY4
1.75% royal
.5% oba oba
.3% maple syrup
.5% nut mix
1% marshmallow

This was just... wacky. It wasn't bad by any means, but it's definitely a total rethink unless someone can share their thoughts with me on this one. I definitely need a 2nd opinion. I mean I liked it, but it was too um confusing on the tongue.

1.25% RY4
1% oba oba
.5% maple syrup
.6% nut mix

Too complicating. Total rethink. Didn't like

.5% anise
.3% maple syrup
.75% nut mix
1% RY4

Too much anise and maple syrup

.5% anise
.4% maple syrup
.8% nut mix
1.25% RY4

I like this recipe, but I'm not feeling it for the anise. I remade this without anise and it was quite lovely.

.75% maple syrup
.6% anise
1.5% Maxx blend
1% RY4

The anise comes out nicely, not too much. It's sweet, but not cloying. Nice tobacco kick. It's a keeper :)

1% maple syrup
.75% anise
1.6% Cuban supreme
1% Layton

Not really maple and tobacco if that makes sense, but I like it.

1% maple syrup
.6% anise
1.75% Cuban supreme
1.2% Layton

Another recipe I removed the anise from and it came out much better.

1% amber
1% anise
1% raspberry
1.5% watermelon

TASTY

1.6% Cuban supreme
1% Layton
2% vanilla classic
1% black cherry

Needs more black cherry for it to stand out. Otherwise I liked it and a few other people agreed it needed more black cherry for it to stand out, but they liked it too.

2.5% graham cracker v2 (CAP)
2% Chocolate
2.5% vanilla classic
4% marshmallow

This one's an older recipe of mine, but everyone I've had try it loves it. It's an all day vape whether it's a shake n' vape or steeps. It does taste better and smoother with a steep. I love this one.

1% latakia
.75% cowboy blend
1% shade

Surprisingly good for my first dip into my "darker" tobaccos. Not sure where to go with it though.

That's literally all my recipes folks. Please give me some feedback should you try one.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been a while since i've posted anything but I think I have some good ones for all to try. As usual all my flavors are FA and steep for around a week at minimum.

1.6% cuban
1% layton
2% marshmallow
1.5% vanilla classic
optional 1% cream fresh

tried this with and without cream fresh. It tastes better with the cream imo. nice, sweet, good tobacco for a relaxing adv.

1% cookie
1.5% vienna cream
1% coconut
optional 2% torrone instead of coconut

very creamy, absolutely loved this recipe with the coconut, the torrone version is very good as well. tried this using chocolate which wasn't bad at all, but i prefer this. also tried CAP's double chocolate v2 which was just... just awful, but then again no matter what I put that dbl chocolate v2 in it comes out terrible. I'm a stickler though and if i buy something I will use it.

2.5% torrone
.6% maxx blend
.8% maple syrup

maybe up the tobacco if you want it to stand out more, but otherwise was really good. will probably lower the torrone a bit too as 2.5% seems a tad too much, maybe try it at 2%

up next is a diy of your choice of damn near anything.

1% oba oba
1% 7 leaves
add ins I have tried: 1% vanilla classic; .6% chocolate; 1-2% marshmallow; a maple syrup + nut mix combo ( usually around .6% maple syrup to .4% nut mix imo work good just make sure not to overdo the nut mix as it will dry out your recipe and not to overdo the maple as it will become cloying); .6% amber with .75% cuban supreme for a nice, sweet, tobacco-ey good time.

Have fun. I knew the oba oba + 7 leaves combo would be something I could have a lot of fun with and I was right. It's very open to personalization. try it with most anything to add a little herbal note and sweetness and enjoy.

.5% cappuccino
.2% cream fresh
.8% vanilla classic

very simple. pretty much tastes the same whether it's shake n vape or steeps.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot to choose from. I love the 7 leaves. To me it taste herby/grassy with anise.
I'm debating on
1.5% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Oba oba
1% FA 7 leaves....or your #9 with vanilla classic, choc., marsh.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
that was a pretty good one. i'd up the 7 leaves to 1% to match the oba oba. to me it's always tasted kind of herbally with an almost afterthought like touch of tobacco which i never really taste until the exhale.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually just let my mixes sit in my desk drawer for around a week before smoking. I don't really have a set time to wait. Let me know what you think. I hope you like it

Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. We really appreciate

' around a week before smoking = Vaping'.

Thank you

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No problem. everyone here's open to sharing their recipes with me so why shouldn't I do the same? granted I know I'm no big name like hic or rocketpuppy or some of the others here so I kinda doubt there's much point in starting a thread for one recipe so I just post a bunch and see if anyone tries them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No problem. Man I love this forum so far. Seemed like whenever I tried sharing stuff on ecf a mod would come and move it for some unknown reason and it would get buried and maybe a handful of people would comment on it. You guys are so much more welcoming and talkative. I love it. I have no problems sharing my notes and recipes with you guys seeing as how everyone here seems open to doing the same with me. Another reason I'm wanting to share recipes to see how people like my recipes is I'm thinking of maybe one day opening a shop and selling recipes, but I think I might just be idly musing. Who knows. I'm going to be posting some more recipes this weekend some time so check back tomorrow for more recipes :).

The MOD's over there do things like that all the time because of petty jealousy. Heaven forbid you post something that proves they made a mistake they will delete your post and threaten you because you corrected them. If you supply documentation proving what they posted was incorrect information they can't admit to a simple human error. Takes a real person to admit you actually made a mistake.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@mchaggis79 I don't even have that many bottles to test all :drunk: of your recipes :rolleyes: which top 3 you recommend which you love more (sort of ADV)? just want to try your choice first. Thanks again Man :)

I run out of bottles to store my new creations in faster than I can get my hands on them. I just acquired a couple of 20 ML bottles for new recipe test runs.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run out of bottles to store my new creations in faster than I can get my hands on them. I just acquired a couple of 20 ML bottles for new recipe test runs.
Would you mind sharing the link and are they glass or plastic? Thanks Steve

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@mchaggis79 I don't even have that many bottles to test all :drunk: of your recipes :rolleyes: which top 3 you recommend which you love more (sort of ADV)? just want to try your choice first. Thanks again Man :)

I'd say my go to recipe that I've vaped for years now has been that one using graham cracker v2 from cap, vanilla classic, chocolate, and marshmallow. I make a 30 ml bottle of that and vape it when I'm waiting for my other recipes to finish steeping. A word though. My % of graham cracker isn't entirely accurate. I take the graham cracker, cut it 50/50 with pg because it's so potent and use 2.5% of that mixture in my recipe. I know you'd think I should just use 1.25% of it undiluted, but I've tried that and for some reason it still overpowers the other flavors. Also it's a recipe you can play with. Lower the graham cracker if it's a bit too rough for you, raise the marshmallow if you like it a little sweeter. It took me a long time to dial in the ingredients to my tastes so don't be surprised if the first few batches aren't your favorite.

Another favorite which I've recently come across is the coconut, cookie, and Vienna cream recipe. Very creamy, easy and delicious. However I posted incorrectly the % of Vienna cream in it. It should read 1% of coconut and cookie and only .5% Vienna cream, not 1.5% Vienna cream.

My 3rd favorite.... Hmmm probably one of the oba oba + 7 leaves combo recipes. Lots of customization to be had. I really like it with other light tobaccos.

Let me know what you think and enjoy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You need to find the thread with the Cloned e-Juice Bible in it. I think you will have good use for it!

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice: My desk after a couple of weeks of DIY!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I look at recipes for ideas then I do my own thing just like with food. I may call it the same but rarely follow a recipe by the letter.

mchaggis79

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't have names for any of my recipes lol. I just write down the date I made the bottle and the list of ingredients in each bottle. My notebook is a mess of dates, percentages, and notes lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is one the things I am always screwing with on my recipes the names! Peachy Dew became Dewy Peach and so forth....

:ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice::ejuice:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a guy at the vape shop who sells me the empty 30 ML glass dropper bottles for a $1 or less. Depends on his mood and most times gives me free samples in them to try and get me to like a new flavor. The other day he charged me 50 cents. They get washed and cleaned very easily.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have names for any of my recipes lol. I just write down the date I made the bottle and the list of ingredients in each bottle. My notebook is a mess of dates, percentages, and notes lol.
i am so glad you shared your work,,, and even better is that you are a current poster,,,as i read your posts i feared you had disappeared by the time i would make it to the most recent posts.------------thank you for sharing your recipes! they are inspiring and simple with few flavors

VU Sponsors