Become a Patron!

Federal Call to Action

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
uSoXFt0MbbSfkJu1lDQcjPncLaSp5MrrMD-lHARWM_NNvoCLuHKegFz05VmYN1eyAp42VxhMEU8ojVxcLfvwhJLQL6g8h6u0DiiVqTZYX_Ga5bUzKO0H=s0-d-e1-ft

You may remember back in December, we issued a Call to Action to urge lawmakers to change the grandfather date in the Tobacco Control Act so that all of the life saving vapor products currently on the market can stay on the market. We’ve had over 4000 members take action, but we need thousands more. This is still an active Call to Action! If you have already participated, please forward this to a friend.

Please take two minutes to send emails to your federal lawmakers - Take Action

For Current Calls to Action in Your State: http://blog.casaa.org/p/calls-to-action-by-state.html

Thank you,

CASAA Legislative Team

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The truly scary part of this is so many of the local calls to actions are a wholesale tax, and online sales bans.
Am I the only seeing this as a end run around the interstate commerce clause and the first steps in internet taxation and censoring?

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The truly scary part of this is so many of the local calls to actions are a wholesale tax, and online sales bans.
Am I the only seeing this as a end run around the interstate commerce clause and the first steps in internet taxation and censoring?
I don't know, BigNasty, but I do trust casaa in what they're trying to accomplish. They're on our side. Heck, they (husband and wife) discovered vaping at a county fair and were able to quit smoking. After that they have been doing everything they can to keep us safe and vaping, free of all the FDA BS.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know, BigNasty, but I do trust casaa in what they're trying to accomplish. They're on our side. Heck, they (husband and wife) discovered vaping at a county fair and were able to quit smoking. After that they have been doing everything they can to keep us safe and vaping, free of all the FDA BS.
OK gimme a second ill show you what I mean in relation to my local bills.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SB 190.. a feel good law on it's face limiting online sales... dig into it and unless being funneled through the state commission and control board you get caught you are fucked. But it is a defacto online sales ban unless you are a retailer and then only mildly fucked.
** this is one of the as above so below laws they are trying to sneak in... get a few states on board and the feddies can say well the locals are doing it we can online ban all sorts of things*

SB 340 clean air.. got kids? forget vaping inside
.*once you were a law abiding citizen now not so much, CPS involvement away!*

HB415 flavor ban. this is a no brainer. asinine.. fucking stupid shit on so many levels.
*Since we turned 18 our tongues stopped working apparently.. you have a choice but no matter how you cut the shit sandwich it is still shit*

HB2070 this one is the pre sales tax without a vote tax on devices also.. umm Oregonians have repeated in saying fuck you to it.. but without this the sb 190 is in clear violation of interstate commerce.. This one without it the online just becomes a legal battle.

HB2558 this is now going to make nic like MJ. but controled via pharmicists, outside of just pouring money into the war on drugs who really gained there? this is the vape killer, smoke cigs or take drugs but FUCK you for taking your health and choices in your own hands.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors