Become a Patron!

FDA chief's resignation casts cloud over vaping crackdown

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah sure the kids are at risk to start smoking with less nicotine so they smoke more and get a list of respiratory ailments. Maybe my emails to my state legislators made a difference or maybe not. But I know I did what I could do.

Last edited:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
From the article:
Gottlieb’s regulatory approach was completely antithetical to Trump’s promise to cut down regulations, he said.

I really don't see it that way. If he hadn't kicked the PMTA can four years down the road, 99% of vape goods would have been off the market as of last August. Without him having ignored the "no new products after 8/8/16" section of the Deeming, 90% of what's available today would not be. Gottlieb is the reason why a market for vape goods still exists in the US. So while he may not have "cut" regulations, he certainly didn't enforce them with any enthusiasm either.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He made his money and now is cutting and running to leave the mess for someone else to deal with. The Deeming Regulations are a farce to begin with calling cotton and wire a tobacco product. Zero e-Liquids are a tobacco product according to the deeming regs. Fuck them and ADVOCATE~! Send massive emails to your State and Federal lawmakers.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He prolly lost money while FDA comissioner.
Or at least lost some he would have otherwise had.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What, you think he somehow got rich in the not quite two years he was FDA Commissioner?

722734a7-e085-4902-9b19-3c6868c0193a.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/health/fda-nominee-scott-gottlieb-recuse-conflicts.html

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
He made his money and now is cutting and running to leave the mess for someone else to deal with. The Deeming Regulations are a farce to begin with calling cotton and wire a tobacco product. Zero e-Liquids are a tobacco product according to the deeming regs. Fuck them and ADVOCATE~! Send massive emails to your State and Federal lawmakers.

This is the truth right here. He took a bunch of kickbacks, played the game for a while and now has enough squirreled away to buy an island villa and put his feet up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the truth right here. He took a bunch of kickbacks, played the game for a while and now has enough squirreled away to buy an island villa and put his feet up.

He was also a Millionaire before accepting the position. Or was it Billionaire?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
He was also a Millionaire before accepting the position. Or was it Billionaire?
Yes, he was reasonably well off before he became FDA Commissioner, but several zeros short of being billionaire.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he probably invested in Trumps Bedford property which jumped from 19 million in value to 191 million on papers submitted to Deutche Bank to try and get a loan to buy a football team?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wondered if y'all had seen this news; I've been busy setting up a new site, and just learned this myself last night, on the FORCES website. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely seems like a damned odd thing. Just another rat from the sinking Trump ship? Not that I blame him one iota; anyone who'd willingly work for that treasonous asshole needs his head examined and his ass kicked.

But at least this throws a monkeywrench into the bullshit about "taking down the entire vape industry if Juul doesn't..." blah blah blah.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wondered if y'all had seen this news; I've been busy setting up a new site, and just learned this myself last night, on the FORCES website. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it definitely seems like a damned odd thing. Just another rat from the sinking Trump ship? Not that I blame him one iota; anyone who'd willingly work for that treasonous asshole needs his head examined and his ass kicked.

But at least this throws a monkeywrench into the bullshit about "taking down the entire vape industry if Juul doesn't..." blah blah blah.

Andria
really ..sinking Trump ship..lol..let's see the DNC has half the party running around in black face, the other half are spouting anti-semetic tropes, they're all looking to kill newborn infants, and creating race hoaxes one day after the other. that wind up blowing up in their faces,Their rising star has just been slapped with FEC violation involving about a million dollars...and to top it all off they have 137 people, 2 labador retrievers and a parakett as candidates running in 2020....yeah that ship is the fucking Titanic.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the article:
Gottlieb’s regulatory approach was completely antithetical to Trump’s promise to cut down regulations, he said.

I really don't see it that way. If he hadn't kicked the PMTA can four years down the road, 99% of vape goods would have been off the market as of last August. Without him having ignored the "no new products after 8/8/16" section of the Deeming, 90% of what's available today would not be. Gottlieb is the reason why a market for vape goods still exists in the US. So while he may not have "cut" regulations, he certainly didn't enforce them with any enthusiasm either.
yeah totally irrelevant...Orange man bad.

VU Sponsors