Become a Patron!

favorite RDA thread

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few RDA's that I would consider favorites...
TM², Double Vision, Velocity, Stro Mini and Baal V3 are the crew of RDA's I always find myself using as they are easy to build on, have plenty of space and have great features.
20160307_112949.jpg 20160229_140101.jpg 20160314_161723.jpg 20160229_231224.jpg20160304_121540.jpg
20160308_114935.jpg

20160220_210007.jpg 20160221_132414.jpg

Stro Mini.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Achilles is my absolute favorite; it's really the only RDA I've tried that offers the very tight draw I prefer. Magma comes pretty close, but it's still a little airier than I prefer, on the absolute tightest setting. At some point, I might try a MiniDrip, but I'm a bit hesitant, since I don't know that the draw would really be tight enough for me.

I'm strictly a single-coil, high-resistance kind of vaper; 29ga, 9 wraps around 3/32, comes to a bit over 2Ω usually -- great battery life, and actually gives me a smidge more vapor than my old 1.6-1.7 ohm coils, since they used only 7 wraps.

I wish they made more great tight-draw RDAs for vapers like me. I'm waiting with great anticipation for the Achilles 2 to be cloned.

Andria

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Achilles is my absolute favorite; it's really the only RDA I've tried that offers the very tight draw I prefer. Magma comes pretty close, but it's still a little airier than I prefer, on the absolute tightest setting. At some point, I might try a MiniDrip, but I'm a bit hesitant, since I don't know that the draw would really be tight enough for me.

I'm strictly a single-coil, high-resistance kind of vaper; 29ga, 9 wraps around 3/32, comes to a bit over 2Ω usually -- great battery life, and actually gives me a smidge more vapor than my old 1.6-1.7 ohm coils, since they used only 7 wraps.

I wish they made more great tight-draw RDAs for vapers like me. I'm waiting with great anticipation for the Achilles 2 to be cloned.

Andria

You should check out the NardA! It was just cloned too. Authentic is practically impossible to get at this point

Sent from my iPhone using

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my favorite is the petri by dot mod with a basic SS build at 10wraps with 3mm ID
or
the aeolis v2 wih fused claptons

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should check out the NardA! It was just cloned too. Authentic is practically impossible to get at this point

Super tight draw, airflow under the coil?

Andria

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Super tight draw, airflow under the coil?

Andria

No not directly under, it hits your single coil from a very close proximity from both sides / underneath. Depending on where you position your coil too.

Snapdragon is another super good flavour rda, super tight draw single coil (capable of dual though as well) and airflow from the bottom

NaRDA:
82678add83da23b748a49d41f28a6e92.jpg

0d045da03d2612820e242d09410ef292.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No not directly under, it hits your single coil from a very close proximity from both sides / underneath. Depending on where you position your coil too.

Snapdragon is another super good flavour rda, super tight draw single coil (capable of dual though as well) and airflow from the bottom

NaRDA:
82678add83da23b748a49d41f28a6e92.jpg

0d045da03d2612820e242d09410ef292.jpg

Hmm, nah... really don't care for side airflow, the flavor just isn't there. I just PIF'ed a Caterpillar, a Veritas, and a Derringer, fot that reason -- even if I could somehow tighten the airflow enough on any of those... just no flavor, since the air doesn't come up right over the coil/wick. Pretty sure that's why I can tolerate the Magma, though it's a bit too airy: the airflow is right below the coil.

This is the Achilles:

achillesairhole.jpg

The airflow is directly beneath the coil, just like with Kayfuns... and see how tiny that opening is? That provides that awesome tight draw.

Andria

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got almost a dozen RDAs kicking around my vape box and on my table lol hard to pick a single favorite.

But right now its the Mad Hatter V2. Really loved the Mad Hatter original so when I saw they came out with a new version I was all over it, since they fixed the couple things I didnt like with the original.

Aside from that one, the Nobunaga Mini is also really high up on my favorites list. Really dig that and it looks and works great on my Target 75w mod. Then theres the Freakshow Mini and Velocity that are really good, Also like my Onslaught.

Of course, no matter how many you have, you always want more. Im dying to get my hands on a Twisted Messes and a Petri Dotmod.

VU Sponsors