Become a Patron!

Fasttech Hana mod dna30

mids

Member For 5 Years
So i just got one of those FS Hana modz and was wondering if anyone has had any issues with juice getting in the box?

I don't like that the clone doesn't have that plastic window covering the wires. Also I have a feeling juice is gonna get in the box and short out the board. What makes it worse is the seem for the back cover is right next to the 510.

Anyone run into problems?

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just put my own window into it to cover the innerds and the seam in 510 connection has not given me a lot of problems juice doesnt seen to seep all the way through

mids

Member For 5 Years
Yea it seems like it's sealed pretty tight, it just had me a little concerned.

What did you use to make the window?

How do you like the mod? I think it's awesome!

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like it a lot as a back up it does not perform as well as a real dna chip and I cant lock the wattage but the buttons are stiff so it dont really change by accident on me my biggest gripe is that my atty s dont screw all they way down so I put a washer into the well to get the gap out I think im going to fix it up eventually by putting one of the small fatdaddy connectors into it by just tapping the existing hole to match the threads of the connector and screw it in that connector offers adjustibility as opposed to this fixed 510 connection. I cut a piece of plexiglass and just press fit it into the area covering the board

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the clouper version from 101 Vapes and I love it so far, BUT... I am seriously considering having a friend make the window fit an SX350 chip and rebuilding it. I really like my Sigelei 20W, but I like the box mod form factor more.

I think the mod is flat out unsafe. Inconsistent power delivery, goes to basically mechanical mode stressing your batteries below the 3.3v cutoff underload...

Putting any other chipset in the thing is a good call. I'm rebuilding one w/ an Evolv DNA30 shortly.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While I would really like a reasonably priced DNA30 mod with a owner changeable 18650 battery (internal charging optional but not required) I am more than happy to wait for all of the various quality control issues to be worked out.

The only first generation mod I own is a Innokin SVD that was from a pre-order and I won that.

And it has never to this date had an order with the fire button.

Vaping a KFL+ on it now.

But I still want that 30 watt mod!

mismo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
SvD is a solid performer. I own one as well. The vamo was also a favorite. Now that the SX and DNA chip PVs are out those oldies feel a little lackluster. I don't vape much over 10 watts, but the power delivery is unmatched and the vapor production and flavor is outstanding. I have the new Vamos on order too. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started out with an SVD and it was a good starter mod and then traded it for the MVP and was so much more happier with a box mod.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a new Vamo coming out? last one that I count is V5.
not counting the split one and that monster E-huge.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I got the clouper version from 101 Vapes and I love it so far, BUT... I am seriously considering having a friend make the window fit an SX350 chip and rebuilding it. I really like my Sigelei 20W, but I like the box mod form factor more.

I got one from 101 as well, it gave up the ghost and kept showing check atomizer. Being the nerd I am, I tore it open and didn't even think to call about a warranty. Replace the 510 and wiring, and still no dice. so I tore it all out for an SX350. If you figure out a good way to modify the screen to fit an SX 350 let me know. From what I can tell with my SX350 chip pressed in to place (yeah it fits in the space where the chna30 chip was glued in, but tightly) is that the window is already too tall. you could easily remedy this by using a piece of plexi and putting a tint film on so that it could fill in the gaps around, or use some sort of bezel. The second area i see an issue is that the chip is a little longer than the chna30, and the clearance on the chip fitting in is tight, so you may run in to issues with the switches. you will definitley have to remove most of the glue from clopor. you could always grind some center section away, but id bet it would be too much trouble and affect where the screen rested. When disassembling mine completely, the glue was a bitch to get out, I had to run my heat gun to get it liquid enough to remove parts, but it made a mess. . . rubbing alcohol and acetone helped to get it off the interior. Another consideration, which im hoping may pan out, would be to get your hands on an SX330 chip, http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3-100W-New-Vapor-Chip-270814.html and put that in place, you would obviously have to remove the switches and wire up remote ones, but i think this may be a better soultion for the CANA case, really just depends on what the screen size is.

Portertown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got one from 101 as well, it gave up the ghost and kept showing check atomizer. Being the nerd I am, I tore it open and didn't even think to call about a warranty. Replace the 510 and wiring, and still no dice. so I tore it all out for an SX350. If you figure out a good way to modify the screen to fit an SX 350 let me know. From what I can tell with my SX350 chip pressed in to place (yeah it fits in the space where the chna30 chip was glued in, but tightly) is that the window is already too tall. you could easily remedy this by using a piece of plexi and putting a tint film on so that it could fill in the gaps around, or use some sort of bezel. The second area i see an issue is that the chip is a little longer than the chna30, and the clearance on the chip fitting in is tight, so you may run in to issues with the switches. you will definitley have to remove most of the glue from clopor. you could always grind some center section away, but id bet it would be too much trouble and affect where the screen rested. When disassembling mine completely, the glue was a bitch to get out, I had to run my heat gun to get it liquid enough to remove parts, but it made a mess. . . rubbing alcohol and acetone helped to get it off the interior. Another consideration, which im hoping may pan out, would be to get your hands on an SX330 chip, http://www.yihiecigar.com/products_info/YiHiEcigar-SX330-V3-100W-New-Vapor-Chip-270814.html and put that in place, you would obviously have to remove the switches and wire up remote ones, but i think this may be a better soultion for the CANA case, really just depends on what the screen size is.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=sx350

Check this link for a bezel for the SX350 screen. They have a few that may could be used to put the SX350 in your box mod.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think anyone has FT's new model without the seam yet but i have read only very positive reviews about the ones people have . I know a few who have sold their Cana and kept the FT version.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think anyone has FT's new model without the seam yet but i have read only very positive reviews about the ones people have . I know a few who have sold their Cana and kept the FT version.
Mine are from ft without the seam. They work just fine.

Has anyone ever purchased stuff from shapeways.com? I'm just wondering how long they take because I think they mainly only make to order.

hurryupmailman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When you order from shapeways when you go to check out it will say when the product will ship out to you

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine are from ft without the seam. They work just fine.

Has anyone ever purchased stuff from shapeways.com? I'm just wondering how long they take because I think they mainly only make to order.

You got the 18650 30 watt new ones that they just released ? My mistake , i thought you had the built in Lipo 30 watt versions with no seam . Anyways FT just released the DNA empty box with wires to rig in any board you want , i think it's a little over twenty bucks.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God you know I don't even know. I'm still happily vaping on my 20watt 18650. The others are in the cupboard (temporarily, I have plans). I have some more which should arrive any time now. But I got my first ft box weeks ago and it was seamless back then and as each one has arrived, lipo and 18650, none have had the seam. I know what you mean by the seam because I have a bag of those connectors. They actually work just fine so I don't know what all the fuss was. I didn't know there was a fuss.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah i'm with you on that , some made a big deal over the seam but i have not heard of any issues with it. Man, sounds like your really living , you got some in hand, some in the cupboard and some about to arrive lol, i'm still looking to pickup my first.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha well life is for living. I also sell, so I tend to pick up stuff. People atm just seem to like the Hana style box. Ft have the empty box now so I'll buy them in future. Things arrive quite quickly here from the Far East. And I'm a bit of a shopper, high st and online. So it's a huge temptation to browse china shops. I've had china eBayers send me stuff within 3 - 4 days with free delivery. It happens. Merica take long time

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good for you , man, wish i could get China stuff in 3-4 days.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In N.C , on the coast down near the S.C border , i'm a transplant , born and lived in Northern New Jersey most of my life . When i ordered from FT the first time it took two months (no joke) but when i changed the shipping options to USPS it takes 12 days.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am near ATL, GA... My last package left China on June 30 ... Hit NYC on July 7th, no updates since...

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It costs $25 extra to get ft express shipping to the uk. Kind of defeats the purpose really

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a package coming from focal, it shipped the 18th of June. Still says origin post preparing shipment.

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It costs $25 extra to get ft express shipping to the uk. Kind of defeats the purpose really

Yes it does lol, if your not in a hurry though it's definitely worth it.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a package coming from focal, it shipped the 18th of June. Still says origin post preparing shipment.

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

Thats the worst part and it seems to remain stuck on the ( origin post preparing shipment ) message every time i check tracking , once it gets out of there it moves along. I heard horror stories about some shipments being stuck forever at customs.

VU Sponsors