Become a Patron!

FA Concentrates ?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typically how long does a 15ml/30ml bottle of concentrate last?
Meaning will I be going through them quickly?
I am going to delve into working with FA concentrates and I need and want all the information I can get about them.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only factory bottles I've received are 10 ml, though my preferred vendors ( @Roundhouse with BCV and @wllmc with Mama J's) will re-package smaller and larger, as will others.

FA is known for stronger, more intricate flavors - some of the suppliers I use to mix for others like TFA and CAP will put me at 20% or so total flavoring in a recipe, while I rarely go above 8% when mixing with FA. To be safe, figure that when you add nic and naked PG/VG you'll be able to get 10x the total juice as you're using flavoring, though your actual results will likelier be in the 12-20x range.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply Dave.
Would you think that I would do well with purchasing 30ml of concentrates or should I start with smaller size?

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a pretty "broad question". If you look at most of the FA recipes posted by HIC, wllmc and the other mixing gurus, FA %'s are usually very low averaging about 6%...give or take. How much you use first depends on..how much you vape...how large your batches are..etc I've noticed quite a few newbies going overboard and ordering huge amounts of flavors in large quantities. If you're just starting, SLOW DOWN. Pick out some recipes you want to try and order some 3 mls from pure vapes. TRY the recipes first and make sure you are going to like them. You generally won't go wrong with FA, but if you find a recipe that sounds awesome and then you try it and it isn't what you expected...now you have how ever much of that stuff that you ordered which is pretty much money wasted. I did it when I first started DIY with TPA flavors before VU and being turned on to FA. BIIIIG mistake. I mean if you know you like...say creamy juices...well then ok...get a 30 mil of all the creams, maybe the custard, vanilla classic..etc There are a lot of great recipes posted with those as staple ingredients, Just try the recipes and see which ones you are going to love before making a huge investment. Now if you have money to blow...get a 30 mil of ALL OF IT. That way when a new recipe is posted, you won't be like me...1 or 2 flavors short. That ALWAYS happens to me..LOL

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're just starting, SLOW DOWN. Pick out some recipes you want to try and order some 3 mls from pure vapes. TRY the recipes first and make sure you are going to like them. You generally won't go wrong with FA, but if you find a recipe that sounds awesome and then you try it and it isn't what you expected...now you have how ever much of that stuff that you ordered which is pretty much money wasted. I did it when I first started DIY with TPA flavors before VU and being turned on to FA. BIIIIG mistake. I mean if you know you like...say creamy juices...well then ok...get a 30 mil of all the creams, maybe the custard, vanilla classic..etc There are a lot of great recipes posted with those as staple ingredients, Just try the recipes and see which ones you are going to love before making a huge investment. Now if you have money to blow...get a 30 mil of ALL OF IT. That way when a new recipe is posted, you won't be like me...1 or 2 flavors short. That ALWAYS happens to me..LOL
Now this is the answer I was seeking for. Thank you!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now this is the answer I was seeking for. Thank you!
Yep, you definitely want to start small - I got a bunch of tiny samples of a handful of different vendors and I'm glad I did, since I soon discovered I like FA and TFA, FW not so much and I'm in between on the others. Would hate to have gotten big bottles of flavors that ended up sitting around collecting dust...$1.75 samples don't bother me as much going to waste as $6 for 30 ml...

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, you definitely want to start small - I got a bunch of tiny samples of a handful of different vendors and I'm glad I did, since I soon discovered I like FA and TFA, FW not so much and I'm in between on the others. Would hate to have gotten big bottles of flavors that ended up sitting around collecting dust...$1.75 samples don't bother me as much going to waste as $6 for 30 ml...
Thanks for the tips and feedback, much appreciated.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FA flavors are stronger then CAP,TFA etc.

I use at least 50% less FA flavor for a recipe then I do other brands. Some FA flavors are so strong you will only use 0.5% in a recipe so they will last much longer then others. Most you will use 1-4% in a recipe.

Find recipes on the forum to see for yourself the average percentages used for FA.

Start with a small bottle and see if you like it first as with any brand. Then on the next order if you can decide how much more of it do you need for what you are creating. .

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought them all at 10ml in January except all the tobaccos from PV, and only burned thru my Vienna Cream so far.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the tag @OBDave .... agreed with the above, definatley start small with any flavoring you decide to choose. no reason to get 30mls of something just because someone on the internet says its awesome :) lol and FA will stretch a lot longer than most, anywhere from fractions of a % up to 2 or 3 % per flavoring will be used in most cases for you FA mixes and also like said above once you have hit 6 or 8% total flavoring its time to start re adjusting your recipe.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, some flavors I've ordered even in 10ml sizes are going a long way so I've shared some with others. If I'm using 2 drops of a flavor in a recipe it doesn't even make a dent in the bottle. If that one recipe was the only one I made it would still take a very long time to use the entire bottle...lol!
I've read those "newbie" posts as well - and seen pics of vape mail showing liter-size bottles of flavoring. I'd have to be going into business to order that much, but I'm mixing for myself a a handful of other people so it would be a waste of money and flavors. That stuff does go bad eventually.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tag @OBDave .... agreed with the above, definatley start small with any flavoring you decide to choose. no reason to get 30mls of something just because someone on the internet says its awesome :) lol and FA will stretch a lot longer than most, anywhere from fractions of a % up to 2 or 3 % per flavoring will be used in most cases for you FA mixes and also like said above once you have hit 6 or 8% total flavoring its time to start re adjusting your recipe.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
wllmc, I will be choosing mamajs when I am ready to place my first order for some FA concentrates and will be my first purchase with mamajs w00t!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I ordered MANY flavors in 3ml sizes if I wasn't sure. Flavors I figured I would like, I got in 10ml size. Depending on how quickly I went through those, I'd order a 30ml. Some 30ml bottles I've now replaced up to 3 times in roughly 18 months. (Yes, one was cookie, what you gonna do about it? o_O ) Some of the 3ml sizes I still have, too. Those, I re-order in 3ml sizes when they're low.

I certainly did my part of over-ordering in the beginning. Pretty sure that's part of it for many of us. Excitement... hard to contain.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol I went overboard when purchasing all my stuff the other day that's for sure, but now that our buddy from work has moved I have a feeling I will be mixing for not only myself but the 10-15 others that my buddy mixed for so it won't be all that bad :) and hopefully when a new recipe comes out I won't be short on anything except for FA-Joy everyone was sold out except maybe one 3rd party that I could not reach to verify so I didn't even bother trying to order to get excited then not have it show up. As stated above though FA flavors will go along way especially if only mixing for yourself (I however did not purchase 1l of any flavor lol, mainly 10ml and 30's except for the few flavors that get used in a lot of the recipes I have tried and liked I got 60ml of some stuff, 120ml of other and I think 250ml of 1 or 2 flavor but as stated those get used the most and I have a feeling I will not be mixing for just myself and 1 or 2 other people :()

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lol I went overboard when purchasing all my stuff the other day that's for sure, but now that our buddy from work has moved I have a feeling I will be mixing for not only myself but the 10-15 others that my buddy mixed for so it won't be all that bad :) and hopefully when a new recipe comes out I won't be short on anything except for FA-Joy everyone was sold out except maybe one 3rd party that I could not reach to verify so I didn't even bother trying to order to get excited then not have it show up. As stated above though FA flavors will go along way especially if only mixing for yourself (I however did not purchase 1l of any flavor lol, mainly 10ml and 30's except for the few flavors that get used in a lot of the recipes I have tried and liked I got 60ml of some stuff, 120ml of other and I think 250ml of 1 or 2 flavor but as stated those get used the most and I have a feeling I will not be mixing for just myself and 1 or 2 other people :()

Jay, I meant no offense in my post. Your thread was just one in many recent examples that I was referring to, And as stated, I too went overboard when I first started DIY. When someone posts a thread asking for advice though, I'm always going to tell them to start small. It's easy to get carried away. Most people are going to do whatever they want to do anyway. I just wish that when I started, someone would have given me that advice (or there had at least been someone to tell me about FA at the time! LOL).

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Jay, I meant no offense in my post. Your thread was just one in many recent examples that I was referring to, And as stated, I too went overboard when I first started DIY. When someone posts a thread asking for advice though, I'm always going to tell them to start small. It's easy to get carried away. Most people are going to do whatever they want to do anyway. I just wish that when I started, someone would have given me that advice (or there had at least been someone to tell me about FA at the time! LOL).

Hey no worries and no offense taken :) I too agree that 1l of any flavoring unless going into business would be a bit as like you said sooner or later (even with proper storage) the stuff does go bad. Now just to figure out how long that is haha.....

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Soon as the Segelie and new RDA gets dopped off by our wonderfully slow USPS mail person somewhere between 130pm and 630pm whatever time they decide to show up today I will be for sure. I just hope my VG and Hopefully my Nic come in today in one of my packages being delivered if the Nic doesn't oh well I can mix up nic free juice. I have a couple recipes I want to try out and those flavors are being brought today but for sure need the VG to do so.

scrubzz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I also ordered a ton of flavorings to start out - I am pretty new to DIY but am loving it - I have a list of recipes I gathered here and used that as my guide to ordering for the most part although I did order a few other flavor s I just had to try - I ordered a lot in the 3 ml bottles but did order 12's of those flavors that were called for over and over in different recipes that I want to try - I figure the bottles themself will tell me what I need to reorder, the ones that empty quick will get reordered in larger sizes - and ordered all FA except for others that were specifically called for in a few recipes I have to try - there were a few recipes that looked good but were not FA that I just passed on by for now - I have more recipes than I can possibly make in a couple months as it is - lol

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this is my list. Just placed an order...

• 1 x Apple Pie
    (Fa option: 10 ml)
  • 1 x Caramel
  • 1 x Catalan Cream
  • 1 x Chocolate
  • 1 x Cookie
  • 1 x Cream Fresh
    (Fa option: 5 ml)
  • 1 x Lime Cold Pressed
  • 1 x Orange
  • 1 x Tiramisu
  • 1 x Vienna Cream
    (Fa option: 5 ml)
  • 1 x Vanilla Classic
  • 1 x Butterscotch
  • 1 x Coconut
  • 1 x Cocoa
  • 1 x Custard
  • 1 x Lemon Sicily
  • 1 x Pineapple
  • 1 x Game Over Custard
    (Size: 15 ml)

Should this be a good start?

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks good to me, don't forget the VG (and PG if needed), nic if needed, bottles, droppers/caps, syringes, etc., etc. :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great start! As OBDave said, you can make LOTS of recipes with that! And it'll keep you busy for a good while :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just odeted some FA peach (not white peach) and FA mango. Any thoughts on mix percentages. Thinking of adding a little FA pineapple too but that shit is strong at .5%

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just odeted some FA peach (not white peach) and FA mango. Any thoughts on mix percentages. Thinking of adding a little FA pineapple too but that shit is strong at .5%

well i use white peach peach and mango together for my all day every day vape.
3% fa white peach
1% peach
.5% mango

I find the mango to be very powerful

I prefer white peach to peach
i add the regular peach in to round out the white peach and add some depth

peach by itself i find a good vape at 3-4%
same for white peach
mango is good at 1-2% by itself

never used pineapple so i am useless there

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
well i use white peach peach and mango together for my all day every day vape.
3% fa white peach
1% peach
.5% mango

I find the mango to be very powerful

I prefer white peach to peach
i add the regular peach in to round out the white peach and add some depth

peach by itself i find a good vape at 3-4%
same for white peach
mango is good at 1-2% by itself

never used pineapple so i am useless there
Thanks @Mattp169. Looks good. I read mango is powerful like pineapple so I may start with peach at 3% then mango at 1.5% to start. Then maybe on second round adjust as needed and .5 of pineapple

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks @Mattp169. Looks good. I read mango is powerful like pineapple so I may start with peach at 3% then mango at 1.5% to start. Then maybe on second round adjust as needed and .5 of pineapple

Less Mango! lower....lower.... (.5? .25? there ya go) Consider it as powerful as pineapple.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Less Mango! lower....lower.... (.5? .25? there ya go) Consider it as powerful as pineapple.
Thanks @HIC for chiming in. I will treat mango as I do FA pineapple. Like caustic acid lolol. What's ur thought on both mango and pineapple together. Maybe like .25 each ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks @HIC for chiming in. I will treat mango as I do FA pineapple. Like caustic acid lolol. What's ur thought on both mango and pineapple together. Maybe like .25 each ?

That's exactly how I'd start, and I'd probably end up 0.5% each at the most. They'll be great accents for peach, but too much and you'll have to dump and try again.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's exactly how I'd start, and I'd probably end up 0.5% each at the most. They'll be great accents for peach, but too much and you'll have to dump and try again.
That's how I ruined my Lychee Pudding. :( Mean Mango took over by storm and bullied my entire mix.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
And so it has been written and shall be done. :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to steer the thread but considering shelf life of flavors is roughly 2 years (less than that printed on FA factory packaging), one reason to buy small is to keep your stash fresh. Being prepared to make a liter of any juice, any time is a business prerogative. If you need to make a biiiig batch, flavors ship in a matter of days, no need to have flavors aging on the shelf. I understand the satisfaction of being "fully stocked," but I encourage you to find your own definition of that based on what you like. BCV-MMJ-WL is my remote inventory :p

Only reason my flavor lab is huge is I want to sample every version of everything. There's maybe one dozen flavors I've ordered more than twice in 4 years, including replacing the original sample, and never more than 30ml. My taste buds have few loyalties.

The first time you smell a flavor is hopefully from a sample size container!! <15ml

Last edited:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Just got around to mixing up what I hope will be a yummy tropical vape
FA Peach 3%
FA Mango .3%
FA Pineapple .3%
FA Vienna Cream 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%.

Waiting for it to cool after a nice bath and will see how it turns out....
Thanks again @HIC for the suggestions on the Mango...... :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can one leave out the mango? Mango is not my friend......:(

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just got around to mixing up what I hope will be a yummy tropical vape
FA Peach 3%
FA Mango .3%
FA Pineapple .3%
FA Vienna Cream 2%
FA Fresh Cream 2%.

Waiting for it to cool after a nice bath and will see how it turns out....
Thanks again @HIC for the suggestions on the Mango...... :)
Yes please tell us how 3% mango works....sounds like too much to me but all the other flavors might balance. ALso pineapple one of those powerful flavors too?
I found .5% mango with 4% peach/white peach gives a very nice balance for me

VU Sponsors