Become a Patron!

Experimenting...

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, so I've been busy with my DIY stuff the last couple of days, made alot of HIC's recipes, the Swiss Bliss, the Chocolate Fudge, & some others. And every one when I did them according to the recipes, turned out great!

So, now I'm working on some single flavors, like stand alone Lemon Sicily, and stand alone Pineapple. I like my vapes to have sort of a bite back, and be a little tangy....the fruit ones, so my question is, can some of the flavors be a stand alone just by themselves, or would that be a mistake? Is there anything I should add with them to soften them up a bit, or would they be just fine as a stand alone vape? Apricot, Mango, Strawberry, & Peach are the single flavor vapes I want to end up with.

I'm really getting into the DIY, & have become good friends with Drew at Bull City Vapor. I think we've talked on the phone about 10 times in the last few days...getting quite a substantial collection of flavors in the process..:). I shoulda been doing this before now, it's just so addicting, and interesting, trying new recipes...So I would be really grateful for any advice on this...:) Hope everyone has a great Sunday! :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I think those are all great standalone flavors. give em all a shot at 2 or 3% and see how you like them. worst thing that can happen is you end up jazzing it up a little with something else. if 2 or 3 % is not strong enough go up to 4%. I wouldnt go higher than that on those flavors listed. really you just need to give it a whirl and see. you cant go wrong with single flavors. you can always add to it but you cant take it out. best way to start is with a single flavor.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BCV are great for customer service!

I mix strawberry. Peach and mango as single flavors and they are fine. I use TFA flavors for those. All any where between 8 - 10% I'm sure you can try less or more % to adjust to your taste.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh I guess I was just assuming those were flavor art flavors daniel had and it was FA lol. the sicily threw me off I guess. um re read my post and just pretend I said if I were to want those vapes as stand alone flavors I would use flavor art at those %. ha sorry have not had enough coffee yet

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so I've been busy with my DIY stuff the last couple of days, made alot of HIC's recipes, the Swiss Bliss, the Chocolate Fudge, & some others. And every one when I did them according to the recipes, turned out great!

So, now I'm working on some single flavors, like stand alone Lemon Sicily, and stand alone Pineapple. I like my vapes to have sort of a bite back, and be a little tangy....the fruit ones, so my question is, can some of the flavors be a stand alone just by themselves, or would that be a mistake? Is there anything I should add with them to soften them up a bit, or would they be just fine as a stand alone vape? Apricot, Mango, Strawberry, & Peach are the single flavor vapes I want to end up with.

I'm really getting into the DIY, & have become good friends with Drew at Bull City Vapor. I think we've talked on the phone about 10 times in the last few days...getting quite a substantial collection of flavors in the process..:). I shoulda been doing this before now, it's just so addicting, and interesting, trying new recipes...So I would be really grateful for any advice on this...:) Hope everyone has a great Sunday! :)

what i get out of Daniel's question is are single flavors ok to mix and vape..
there are no wrongs in diy.. make it however you like it..
you only want 1 flavor, sure.. try singles out low and find your own spot..
what i might like, you might not ;)

as far as the other question i see.. "I like my vapes to have sort of a bite back, and be a little tangy"
try a lil lemon juice, or mailic/citric acid in those singles to get that tangy bit you like.. :)

mmm i think i have coffee??

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
that doesnt make it a single flavor., well I guess it still kinda does but if you are going to add stuff may as well just add FA mad fruit :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
that doesnt make it a single flavor., well I guess it still kinda does but if you are going to add stuff may as well just add FA mad fruit :)

then it would def be 2 flavored :p *ducks..
mumbles lemon lime tfa naw..

additives are not that bad, wllmc.. depending on manufacturer of a flavor.. sometimes you need it (lo tfa ina - for sure)
and others, you don't.. fa nv and vz

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been eying that mad fruit! Ever since HIC posted orange tic tacs! Does it seem to give fruits a tangy taste?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have been eying that mad fruit! Ever since HIC posted orange tic tacs! Does it seem to give fruits a tangy taste?
honestly I have only tried it in HICS tic tacs but that stuff is the bomb lol. I would imagine it would tho if you messed around with it at lower %. im not much of a sour/tangy/bite kinda guy. I like smooth, creamy,vanilla and coffee type stuff. oh and pie. mmmmmm pie

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BCV are great for customer service!

I mix strawberry. Peach and mango as single flavors and they are fine. I use TFA flavors for those. All any where between 8 - 10% I'm sure you can try less or more % to adjust to your taste.
I like the sound of that combination...:) I've got all FA flavors except for a copuple of CAP, Mango, & Sweet Cream. I tried the Lemon Sicily at 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6%, not near enough taste, so I'm gonna put that flavor on hold for nw, I hate wasting flavors, if I cannot get it right, so I'll work on it some later.

I just mixed a Pineapple @ 5% with 3 drops of Marshamallow, & it smells divine! Re-wicking my Vulcan to try it out. Next, I'll do the combination that Claire mentioned, but I'll start at 4% with each flavor. My taste buds are wacky, it seems I need a real face slapper to get my attention...but I'm working on it...:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
just remember what percentage works for you, then try to taper down on that ;)

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I made up a test bottle of the combination Claire mentioned, Mango, Peach & Strawberry. I put the Peach & Strawberry in @ 5%, and the Mango at 4%. Gave it a heating bath, and shook it for 5 minutes. The bottle I made is 10 ml, and I can tell that this is not gonna be nearly enough! This is a really great flavor! I'll be making myself a 60 ml bottle today. Thanks Claire, for commenting on what you mix, I found another great flavor I want to make and always have on hand..:)

I'd like to have about 5 different flavors for my rotation, but I just want ones like HIC's shake & vape flavors, I never have enough patience to wait on a flavor to "cook" for a week...lol. I find I am drawn to fruity vapes, chocolate vapes, & bakery type flavors. So, the addiction has taken hold, & I have my goals of searching for the flavors that taste the best for me. I feel that being with the VU, I will see every goal I set completed, & I am always grateful for any advice of help from others..:)

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I made up a test bottle of the combination Claire mentioned, Mango, Peach & Strawberry. I put the Peach & Strawberry in @ 5%, and the Mango at 4%. Gave it a heating bath, and shook it for 5 minutes. The bottle I made is 10 ml, and I can tell that this is not gonna be nearly enough! This is a really great flavor! I'll be making myself a 60 ml bottle today. Thanks Claire, for commenting on what you mix, I found another great flavor I want to make and always have on hand..:)
See that? You just had your first DIY "happy accident".... :cool:

What Claire actually said was that she made strawberry as a flavor by itself, peach as a flavor by itself, and mango as a flavor by itself. She ends up with 3 finished bottles of joose compared to your 1... :D

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just catching up on this.

One of my fav mixes is peach. Mango and strawberry. Some call it PMS. or i like to call ir SPaM

I mix the tfa flavors at.
Mango 7% AND 5% for the other two. I'm doing that by memory. Not looking at recipes right now but you can adjust to your tastes.

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Daniel glad it worked out for you!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
See that? You just had your first DIY "happy accident".... :cool:

What Claire actually said was that she made strawberry as a flavor by itself, peach as a flavor by itself, and mango as a flavor by itself. She ends up with 3 finished bottles of joose compared to your 1... :D
It was a simple mistake. It was early, and I hadn't had my coffee.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just catching up on this.

One of my fav mixes is peach. Mango and strawberry. Some call it PMS. or i like to call ir SPaM

I mix the tfa flavors at.
Mango 7% AND 5% for the other two. I'm doing that by memory. Not looking at recipes right now but you can adjust to your tastes.
I don't like spam from the can too well and I hate PMS! But now this recipe looks way much better! I mostly got fa flavors & tfa..ordered 58 in all... Accidentally got 2 of 5 flavors and I forgot the dang mango and papaya!

VU Sponsors