Become a Patron!

EVicVTC mini- wattage or TC mode?

looking for a warm vape with a nice throat hit.
Having trouble finding the best mode/wattage/temp etc.
Wattage or VT mode? In VT Ti mode I can't seem to find a good throat hit, even at 550. Anything higher just burns. Wattage (Power) mode seems better at 22 watts but what temp is this?
I'm so confused.

Using:
Artisan Clouds "Crispy" 6 mg (creamy juice)
.4 Titanium head

Any advice appreciated. Thx.

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey Jdubs! The tank that comes with this mod is meant for use only in temp control mode. Power mode is for use with Kanthal only, since Ti and Ni have different temperature coefficients and the mod cannot adjust for them in power mode.

The mod itself is wonderful, but the tank is a hit or miss. It is like a Prius. Purpose-built to be economical (on juice instead of gas). The coil is tiny in comparison to other contemporary tanks. If you want more flavor or throat hit, consider a TFV4 mini or a Crown tank.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What device and topper?

Oops never mind brain-fart moment there...:confused:

Anyhow my advice is to stop using that Ti coil in power mode/wattage.

I don't use temperature mode and it looks like you are getting good help already.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use it in both modes. I have 2 Kangers, one I keep with Kanthal, the other with Nickel.

I run 22.5 watts on the Kanthal. 350-450 degrees @ 30.5 watts in the nickel.

And I agree with Snake about the Ti. I get a funny taste (metallic) in Ti mode. That just doesn't seem natural to me. But others say it is fine :/

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To add to this. In temp mode, the wattage will vary. It will only use what it needs to get to the temp you set. But if you set it (the wattage) higher. It will get there faster, and shut off sooner.

The temps are not necessarily correct either, as some reviews have pointed out. You'll just have to play with the settings to find your sweet spot.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I didn't mean I didn't like Ti or Ni mode I mean I've never used them ever I'm a wattage only guy.
You're going to have to try temp lol

I keep one tank in Kanthal because I carry a MVP also. But that temp mode on the Evic. I really like it.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're going to have to try temp lol

At some point I might...however I don't see this happening anytime soon.I'm really happy with my vape as it is and don't want to go screwing it up.
28-32watts for most of what I vape is my current sweet spot so far.When I first started vaping I always felt that my vape was good but thought it could be better.I finally feel set with where it is.Like this is my happy place it's got the nice warm and intense flavor I've been looking for.I'll just stay here for now at least.

VU Sponsors