Become a Patron!

Evic VTC Mini vs. Snow Wolf Mini

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I already have the Evic mini with CUBIS tank which really disappoint me due to gurgling, spitting most of the time). So i had decided to get a new tank BUT I came across the Snow Wolf mini and I really like the look of it.

So between the evic and the sw, which one is better?
And I would love to see some recommend tanks for both mods please.

PS. Im totally new to vaping but am looking forward to learn to rebuild coils and stuff. Also, in my country (Thailand) I may only be able to get my hands on more popular tank (is it?) like Smok tfv4, Uwell Crown, Griffin, Diablo... or at least these are the ones I often see.

Thanks
:D

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Snow wolf has the better looks and never let's you down. The Evic VTC has more feautures and also doesn't let you down. I would personally go for the snow wolf because of looks. Either of them is a good choice but the VTC wins due to it being upgradable and bypass mode and TC with SS, TCR etc

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would suggest looking at RTA'S. I had the cubis and experienced the same issue. However I do have a TFV4 and an Ijust 2 and a subtank mini and I've never had this issue. If you looking at an RTA you can choose either the Crius or the griffin, both are good and extremely easy to build and wick.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you fill the cubis, the last thread or two of screwing the top cap on will push some juice up into the coil and flood it since there's nowhere else for it to go.

After filling, turn it upside down, blow through the tip for a second or two while firing the mod. Do this a couple times and you have a great vaping tank with zero spit back.

My wife got that tank and had the same issue, now she loves the tank. It does give a nice vape with the ss 0.5 coil on that vtc mini.

If you want another tank just to get another tank (nothing wrong with that), the crown has unbelievable flavor. But IMO you need at least a 2 cell device to power it correctly. You can use the 0.5 ohm coil on a single cell but it is not as good as the 0.25 coil and you need some power to push it properly. I would imagine the same with the tvf4 four and six coil heads but I haven't vaped with that one so can't say.

Last edited:

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Snow wolf has the better looks and never let's you down. The Evic VTC has more feautures and also doesn't let you down. I would personally go for the snow wolf because of looks. Either of them is a good choice but the VTC wins due to it being upgradable and bypass mode and TC with SS, TCR etc

How important are those extra modes on the EVIC ? I'm currently leaning toward selling my EVIC for a SW.
And is goblin mini a good tank, I've seen some people suggest it with SW mini, and it's also small and looks cool on the mod.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How important are those extra modes on the EVIC ? I'm currently leaning toward selling my EVIC for a SW.
And is goblin mini a good tank, I've seen some people suggest it with SW mini, and it's also small and looks cool on the mod.
Evic VTC supports TC with SS, Ni, Ti and has TCR and is upgradeable where as the sw only supports TC with Ni and Ti and has no TCR and is non upgradeable.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're not a fan of TC and don't care about SS or tinkering with TCR than the sw is a good buy

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're not a fan of TC and don't care about SS or tinkering with TCR than the sw is a good buy

Well, I just started vaping for only 4 days and have very little knowledge about coils so I can't decide lol.
I assume that at this point only the Evic has TC for SS, does that mean SS are not so common and it would be okay to just go with the Ni or Ti ?
I really like the SW but I also want to keep my option open for the future. :confused:

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I just started vaping for only 4 days and have very little knowledge about coils so I can't decide lol.
I assume that at this point only the Evic has TC for SS, does that mean SS are not so common and it would be okay to just go with the Ni or Ti ?
I really like the SW but I also want to keep my option open for the future. :confused:
SS (stainless steel) is common nowadays because it can be used in power mode and TC. Ni and Ti are my least favourite due to the safety concerns. Although the Evic VTC has all those extras, to date I have only used SS TC once from the time I had the device. Temperature isn't for me and I don't really like it. I prefer kanthal so therefore the Sw works well for me. The device looks great and hasn't let me down.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SS (stainless steel) is common nowadays because it can be used in power mode and TC. Ni and Ti are my least favourite due to the safety concerns. Although the Evic VTC has all those extras, to date I have only used SS TC once from the time I had the device. Temperature isn't for me and I don't really like it. I prefer kanthal so therefore the Sw works well for me. The device looks great and hasn't let me down.
Check out vapor.gearbest.com you can get the Evic vtc mini mod only for $34 shipped free. Maybe if you have that extra money you can get both devices.
The only difference between the 2 is TC for SS and TCR. This will only be a big deal for you if you want to use stainless steel, I personally don't use this feature but maybe you might like it.

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you fill the cubis, the last thread or two of screwing the top cap on will push some juice up into the coil and flood it since there's nowhere else for it to go.

Just saw your reply. I've settle to get a new tank, still on the verge of deciding whether to get a Snow Wolf Mini instead of my evic.
Thanks for your input ;)

Check out vapor.gearbest.com you can get the Evic vtc mini mod only for $34 shipped free. Maybe if you have that extra money you can get both devices.
The only difference between the 2 is TC for SS and TCR. This will only be a big deal for you if you want to use stainless steel, I personally don't use this feature but maybe you might like it.

Thanks a lot. I'll make up my mind soon enough haha :D:D:D

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@OhmzRaw Hey, sorry to bother you again.
I've settled to get the SW but I hesitated to get a crius or griffin cuz I just learnt that dual coil drains more juice and battery, though I dont know how much more that is.
At this point, I only want some decent clouds with good flavor although I want to keep my option open for more advance build in the future, if possible.
Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@OhmzRaw Hey, sorry to bother you again. I've settled to get the SW but I hesitated to get a crius or griffin cuz I just learnt that dual coil drains more juice and battery, though I dont know how much more that is.
At this point, I only want some decent clouds with good flavor although I want to keep my option open for more advance build in the future, if possible.
Any suggestions ?
The Crius and griffin do use a bit of juice. I run my dual coils at 35w which does seem to use a lot of battery on a single cell mod. I would suggest the kangertech subtank mini. This tank just gets better with time. There are some new and amazing coils available which I think is pretty good IMO like the SSOCC Clapton coils. There are also after market coils which are very good, check out "Atom coils" just google them and you'll see the types of coils that are available. I'll suggest that you get the new top tank mini (not the nano) this is because it comes with an RBA which you can rebuild should you wish to. The flavor on this tank is excellent and uses less juice compared to my other tanks. I did see recently a tank known as a supertank which takes a bunch of different coils but haven't tried it out personally because it's not available in my country. You can watch reviews on the supertank or if you know someone with it ask them about it.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1. I have a Snow Wolf (full size) and love it. It's really robust, but not my favorite for TC work. If you want wattage mode, the SW should serve you well. For TC, I think you're better off with the eVic. As to an RTA, there are a lot of choices. It also will depend on your vaping stylel cloud vs. flavor, MTL vs. direct lung, etc. Tell us a little more.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own both and love both. I use my SW mini daily but truth be told, the Evic is the better mod.

Imjms

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went with the snow wolf mini + crius v3 tank. The crius was awesome. The sw was a bit disappointing, the screen was full of scratch out of the box, buttons rattle (though every review i've watched said buttons dont rattle at all) and sometimes the fire button doesn't wake up from sleep.
Anyway I'm happy with the mod for now, but probably wont buy any Snow Wolf product in the future (even though it looks so cool), thanks everyone for your input. ;););)

VU Sponsors