Become a Patron!

Erm, in regulated mods, when do you charge?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I have always used my mods, untill the battery was either very low, or 0%, then charged them fine.

But now, I am not sure if the reading my mods give me at 0 percent, is 3.something volts and safe, so I can continue using to 0 % as I have been, or have the mods been reading to 2.5V? If they have been reading to 2.5Volts, I will stop using them all the way down/ to ten percent and charge them when they hit 30 percent.

I was sure though that the battery indicators on the sig30 and 150 was a safe discharge level, and not a level that discharged cells to a dangerous level.

Anyone that knows what voltage '0 percent' is on these mods?

Thanks in advance, Conan.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right, I have checked the manual that come with my 150, it says, Charge when battery is LESS than 10 percent. The 30 watt I am not sure, as that is in wrapping paper to give to my other half tommorow. I will check then.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You really don't need to worry about that with the Sig 150. Just charge the batteries when the "check battery" warning comes up. They will be at or around 3.2V which is just fine.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You really don't need to worry about that with the Sig 150. Just charge the batteries when the "check battery" warning comes up. They will be at or around 3.2V which is just fine.
Thats what I thought to be honest, with the mods I have it tells you when to charge anyway, just wanted to double check I haven't been doing it wrong all the time.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Of my mods, only three have removable batteries. The Subox quits firing when the battery falls below a certain voltage. I'm not sure what the Sig 50W does, but since I've been working on draining its battery today, I will soon find out. The Project Square just arrived today and since I'm waiting on a pair of batteries to charge, I have no clue.

Edit: Just after I posted this I took a pull off of the Sig 50W. It quit firing about 2 seconds in and gave me the Check Battery message. So there you have it.....I'm going to grab a fresh battery and charge this one.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
An all of my regulated boxes, I normally run them until they shut off.

In the 3.2 to 3.4v range.

Then I just swap out the batteries, and get the first pair in the charger for the next round.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My vamo discharges batteries lower than my kbox does. When my kbox shuts off its about 25% according to my charger, with the vamo it discharges them to around 10%, have charged from both levels and no issues.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Does it matter when you charge a low battery? If I pull a battery out that's been running hard, it can be a little warm and -- I don't know why -- I wait a few hours for it to assume room temp before sticking it on the charger. The operative concept here is "I don't know why". :confused:

VU Sponsors