Become a Patron!

Environmentally Responsible Vaping?

Hey all,

Unsure if this is a strange question, Im going through a phase which I hope will continue into a lifestyle.

Im starting to have a pretty big hatred of plastics unless they are repurposed.

Does anybody know of a company that uses a method of avoiding plastics or recycling equipment or an all metal vape equipment

thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope.
however most all plastics and metals can be recycled as needed by the consumer by utilizing recycling centers.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you looking for recycled mod and tanks? Not really sure. If your country dropped the ball on recycling then I hope the have a plan for waste management.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to get your country to recycle and not to depend on China.
Be an activist on this.

Most manufacturers recycle all their waste products that they can to minimize waste and costs associated with manufacturing.
However once the consumer gets the product it is pretty much up to the consumer to pursue recycling.
small items like factory coils and such are generally not recycled.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you are looking to vape in a more environmentally friendly way, I would highly suggest going with rebuildable atties and as high of quality (well built to last) mod as possible

Rebuildables mean much less waste and are cheaper to you

A high quality mod will not need to be replaced as often (note: high quality does not always mean expensive)

Once you are more experienced, you may want to consider going mechanical - they are generally also fully rebuildable and many will last a lifetime with few replacement of internal parts over the years

For juice, also look at DIY - you can reuse bottles, glass or plastic, many many times

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are looking to vape in a more environmentally friendly way, I would highly suggest going with rebuildable atties and as high of quality (well built to last) mod as possible

A high quality mod will not need to be replaced as often (note: high quality does not always mean expensive)

Once you are more experienced, you may want to consider going mechanical - they are generally also fully rebuildable and many will last a lifetime with few replacement of internal parts over the years

For juice, also look at DIY - you can reuse bottles, glass or plastic, many many times
THIS.

Are you looking for recycled mod and tanks? Not really sure. If your country dropped the ball on recycling then I hope the have a plan for waste management.

Im looking for a socially conscious company that stocks products accordingly which would consist of maybe an all metal Vape apparatus, if I have to use plastic It needs to last the test of time, if I need to make my own coils I can use 'used' materials. Im sorry if I am not using the correct vernacular...

My country is currently mildly talking about creating our own market/resources for recycling but at the moment the contents of recycling bins are ending up in landfills our local governments have no option for recycling (no system in place), I am one person and obviously I could piss and moan and contact my local council member but it will fall on deaf ears, I made a conscious decision that if I am able to sleep at night I need to start doing the right thing and hopefully along the way people will learn from my experiences (Nothing worse than a bible basher or vegetarian/vegan force feeding you their doctrine on you)

Great advice, thanks so much, where can I find resources?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Great advice, thanks so much, where can I find resources?

Where do you live? That will matter a great deal if you are looking to be a responsible consumer

Also, what are you vaping now?

Recycling is a joke where I live also

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As Lucy said good long lasting products need not be expensive.
I have been using the same Kbox Mini mod daily for over 3.5 years. The same Subtank MIni tank as well.
I also have been using the same Pico Squeeze mod for well over a year now daily.
I have been 100% rebuildable for 3.5 years or so and the same with making my own juice.
My vape waste consists of a few grams of wire per month and some biodegradable cotton.
I reuse most all my flavoring and ejuice ingredient containers.

I do recycle my 18650 li batteries but that is only every 2-3 years.
A good quality 18650 cell will last at least 2 years if not abused.

As Lucy said good long lasting products need not be expensive.
I have been using the same Kbox Mini mod daily for over 3.5 years. The same Subtank MIni tank as well.
I also have been using the same Pico Squeeze mod for well over a year now daily.
I have been 100% rebuildable for 3.5 years or so and the same with making my own juice.
My vape waste consists of a few grams of wire per month and some biodegradable cotton.
I reuse most all my flavoring and ejuice ingredient containers.

I do recycle my 18650 li batteries but that is only every 2-3 years.

This is good info, where can I find resources, thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can still find Kanger Kbox mini mods.
Good little mods. TC sucks on the new ones but I do not use that anyway.
Youtube is a great resource for learning to rebuild and wrap coils and even making ejuice.
For good batteries.
LG HG2, Samsung 25R and 30Q, Sony VTC5A and VTC6. For complete battery info check out Battery Mooch's vids on Youtube.
Good resource here as well for general questions and making ejuice.

If you go 100% DIY and Rebuildables your costs will be vastly smaller than smoking costs.
My vaping costs are $20 (USD) or less per month and I go thru 20-30 ml of juice daily.

My sympathies on vaping in Australia from what I read it is about to get very difficult.

You can still find Kanger Kbox mini mods.
Good little mods. TC sucks on the new ones but I do not use that anyway.
Youtube is a great resource for learning to rebuild and wrap coils and even making ejuice.
For good batteries.
LG HG2, Samsung 25R and 30Q, Sony VTC5A and VTC6. For complete battery info check out Battery Mooch's vids on Youtube.
Good resource here as well for general questions and making ejuice.

If you go 100% DIY and Rebuildables your costs will be vastly smaller than smoking costs.
My vaping costs are $20 (USD) or less per month and I go thru 20-30 ml of juice daily.

My sympathies on vaping in Australia from what I read it is about to get very difficult.

Thanks so much, Yes nicotine usage in vape is completely underground that being said their is no governing body to enforce it yet i.e. cops dont go to local flea markets and hassel sellers, It's only illegal because my government hasn't found a way to tax it and if they did they would be responsible for a tech/product that hasn't had proper study on if it is harmful or not. If you havnt heard already, Cigarettes are roughly $20 USD for a pack of 20's in an covenicece store. Our government originally used the excuse of what smoking costs our universal health care but statistically speaking every year there are less and less smokers in my country and at the moment we only have a population of 25 million with a set explosing of 80% growth by 2050 with a predicted population of 36-40 million people which only leads me to believe my government puts the taxes up each year so they can 'make hay whilst the sun shines' same with petrol/diesel, We have massive fuel tariffs, Roughly half of every dollar you spend on fuel goes on tax, Our energy suppliers rip us off blind as well as they know their days are numbered as more and more of us are switching to solar panels on our homes.

It personally doesnt bother me if the effects of vaping on the body is harmful, it's got to be better for you then smoking and I have already noticed my health improve so the proof for me is in the pudding.

I just found a mob that sells machines to crush any plastics you want and then create filament for 3d printers. Id be pretty happy if I could take plastics i.e. a milk jug or a plastic sippy cup and crush it down and print things for home. Plastic isnt going anywhere but things like this are a step in the right direction to an alarming problem, Plastic is evil and not only that continues to drive the oil economy.

I will start looking around your information in hopes of one day being able to produce something from almost 100% scratch :)

as a side note speaking to one of the sellers I asked how he goes importing Nicotine Vape juice to which he said if he orders 4 boxes in 4 diffrent consignments on average he loses one box through customs to which he just said was part of doing business, so on a $400 order (divided by 4) he will lose $100.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
t personally doesnt bother me if the effects of vaping on the body is harmful, it's got to be better for you then smoking and I have already noticed my health improve so the proof for me is in the pudding.
I do not think that vaping is totally risk free, Just MUCH less risk than smoking.
And I noticed improvements in my health within a month or two of my switching to vaping.

Here in Kentucky, USA smokes are running $4-6 for 20 pack. I was smoking 1.5 packs a day..
I now spend ~4 days smoke costs for an entire month of vaping.
The USA is scheduled to pretty much ban vaping in a couple of years if things do not change...
I have plenty of 100 mg nic in my freezer and stocked up on vape hardware. Being an old guy I am set but it sucks for others in the future.

I do not think that vaping is totally risk free, Just MUCH less risk than smoking.
And I noticed improvements in my health within a month or two of my switching to vaping.

Here in Kentucky, USA smokes are running $4-6 for 20 pack. I was smoking 1.5 packs a day..
I now spend ~4 days smoke costs for an entire month of vaping.
The USA is scheduled to pretty much ban vaping in a couple of years if things do not change...
I have plenty of 100 mg nic in my freezer and stocked up on vape hardware. Being an old guy I am set but it sucks for others in the future.

at 20-30ml a day how much juice x your (hopefully) many years left how much have you got stocked up?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
at 20-30ml a day how much juice x your (hopefully) many years left how much have you got stocked up?
I have about 3.5 liters of 100 MG nic.
PG/VG and flavorings should not be an issue as they are not vaping specific.
I figure I have about 30 years worth of nic in the freezer.

As it stands right now, in around 2 years virtually all ejuice and hardware will be illegal to sell in the USA.
Most of what is being sold now is currently being sold illegally but they have delayed enforcement for around 2 more years.
Per FDA regulations any vape hardware or juice not on the market prior to 8-8-2016 can currently not be sold in the USA. And after enforcement begins no product not on the market before Feb 2007 can be legally sold without an expensive and not guaranteed FDA approval per product.
afik NO vaping products have yet been approved. And I know of no applications for approval either.
Freebase nic is not currently included but I expect it to become regulated as well with maybe only licensed purchasers?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have about 3.5 liters of 100 MG nic.
PG/VG and flavorings should not be an issue as they are not vaping specific.
I figure I have about 30 years worth of nic in the freezer.

As it stands right now, in around 2 years virtually all ejuice and hardware will be illegal to sell in the USA.
Most of what is being sold now is currently being sold illegally but they have delayed enforcement for around 2 more years.
Per FDA regulations any vape hardware or juice not on the market prior to 8-8-2016 can currently not be sold in the USA. And after enforcement begins no product not on the market before Feb 2007 can be legally sold without an expensive and not guaranteed FDA approval per product.
afik NO vaping products have yet been approved. And I know of no applications for approval either.
Freebase nic is not currently included but I expect it to become regulated as well with maybe only licensed purchasers?
Just reminded me To go now and buy more nic

VU Sponsors