Become a Patron!

England bans smoking in cars with children

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I smoked I did it with my Kid in the Van with my window open but I kept it very minimal plus it's a full size van...If she smelt it I would stop...But I know a few states here (Listed below) have banned smoking while kids are in the car...I did her NJ where I live are thinking about it also

In Arkansas, smoking is illegal in a car with kids younger than 14. The restriction became law in 2011, adding to a 2006 statute that prohibited smoking in cars with children under 6.

In 2006, Louisiana enacted a ban against smoking in the car with kids under the age of 13, as well as in vehicles that are used for transporting children for daycare. In 2007, the far-reaching Louisiana Smoke-Free Air Act went into effect, prohibiting smoking in most public places, including schools and workplaces.

In California, the Smoke-Free Cars with Minors law has prohibited smoking in cars with kids age 17 and under since Jan. 1, 2008. Violators may be fined up to $100.

A Maine law, enacted in 2008, bans smoking in cars when children under age 16 are present, with a fine of $50 for violators.

In Texas, a law prohibits foster parents from smoking at home and while children are in the car. Pennsylvania has also banned foster parents from smoking at home and in their cars while their charges are present. They are among 18 states that have banned smoking in foster homes, according to the Smoke-Free Foster Care report.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think theres anything wrong with this.. Smoking in the car with kids is unnecessary.. I felt guilty smoking in the car if a non smoker was riding along with me - let alone a kid lol..

I don't have anything against vaping in front of children - but I guess theres still no long term research that can be used to prove if this is okay or not.. I vape in the car with my gf's kids all the time - but I also don't cloud up the car.. i either zero my hits or blow it out the window

VU Sponsors