Become a Patron!

ENDED VAPERS UNITED $25.00 GIVEAWAY

jj2

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Advocacy
Over the years that I have spent on Vaping forums, I have run across many helpful and generous people and vendors.

What Vapers United shows is just how many generous vendors there are.:)
There are also some very generous people. Those who give their time and some who contribute money.
Any donation goes back into Vapers United.

Which brings me to this giveaway.

Because of a very generous anonymous person, I am able to buy anything the winner would like up to $25.00 (includes shipping). The winner will tell me what he/she wants and I'll have it directly sent to you straight from High Desert Vapes.

Rules

1. If you participated in this contest/giveaway DIY Flavor Shack & Phantasm Vapors, Give to a Friend Contest then just post a link to one of your post. You post a link directly to one of your post by clicking on the number to that post and coping and pasting the URL here.

Others

2. You must have an avatar
3. You must have been an active member of this forum for the last 30 days (NO EXCEPTIONS!)

Other conditions for all:
You may keep this for yourself or give it away. If for yourself than you may only enter once. If you have more than one person who you'd like to give it too then you can enter each one but do it in a separate post.
To increase your chance at this tell me a little about yourself such as your vaping history story. What your goals are? Have you converted anyone? Is there someone that you'd like to help make the big change?:)

Number your post!!! Only numbered post will count!!!

Chit Chat allowed. Let's take this opportunity to get to know each other. Don't number these post.

This will end 7-10 days from now.

Last edited:

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...ontest-ends-8-28-15.121782/page-4#post-641734
Post 1.
Well I am 32 smoked since I was 13 so just shy of 20 years I have been a smoker. Turn 33 this september actually. I had previously quit smoking and vaped two separate occasions, both time for like 1 month. Long ago it was the simple pen type which was fine, but the store that sold it closed and i had no way to get any replacement when it broke. The second time I had a tube mod, and it was ok, but my son broke that one. This time around I decided i was going to be serious about quitting. Went out bought a box mod, learned some stuff about wicking and building, and found a shop not too far away that was willing to rebuild for me while i was still learning. I think i pretty much have it down now. I am right at 9 weeks of vaping and 6 weeks without a puff at all. I joined Reddit just to be a part of the vaping community online, but to be honest I was impressed with the generosity I was seeing there, but not so much the people. So i kept looking and found you guys, and even if i am a member of like 3 forums this is home to me. I have found some cool people here, not pretentious at all and very down to earth. My goal was to quit smoking before my new born daughter got here July 13. So while i was vaping already i was still smoking at first. i ended up deciding the best way to stop would be to alternate a cigarette and then a vape. First day I cut my usual intake in half. By day 3 or 4 i was only smoking 5 or 6 max. Down down down, to about 2 a day and not for cravings, but simply trying to ween myself off the other chemicals in the cigarettes .The day I knew the baby was coming I had a blow out and smoked about 12 cigarettes in a short period of time, and like 8 hours later my girl was born, and her birth marks the last day I was a smoker. So even if 6 weeks without a puff doesn't seem like much we all start somewhere, and I feel super proud of myself and better in so many other ways too. I feel certain I won't ever have a cigarette again, but If i do for whatever reason I will get right back to vaping instead of giving up one for the other again. But for now I feel i have more power over it than ever. Anyway sorry its so long. I tend to ramble
edit. I am trying to convert my sister in law and her husband. He is super sceptical, but says once I reach six months without smoking he will consider it, because he knows too many people who stopped vaping only to go back to smoking again. Ultimately my goal is to get down to 0mg around the one year mark

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...iend-contest-ends-8-28-15.121782/#post-635797
I'm 58, and had smoked since the age of 14. I had attempted quitting more than a few times with little to no success. I got started vaping with the cig-alikes, and promptly gave them up, they were like vaping WD-40..yuck! Next I tried the Ego style pen with a Protank and liked it a lot more, but still wasn't satisfied. What finally clicked for my was the IStick 20 paired with a Russian 91%. Within about a month I moved down from 18mg nic to 6mg and gave up the stinkys for good. My G/F has also kicked the cigs, and together, we have converted several of her co-workers into doing the same.
Thanks for the contest!

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No previous Entry
I am 38, smoked from age 15 - 28, successfully quit for 2 years (Wellbutrin) then smoked cigars (inhaled) from age 30 - 36
I started with Blue (yuck), but it was a failed attempt, then eGO for about 6 months at 18mg
Discovered Rebuildables !!!! All of my smoking co-workers, friends, and wife have converted to vaping (mostly fill-n-vape)
Currently I enjoy Squonking (mech or regulated) at 6mg

jj2

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Advocacy
I love the stories!!!

Your journey may very well be the one that motivates/inspires others to stick with it or give it try.:)

For me, raise your hand high in the air, bend your arm at the elbow, place your hand on your back, and pat yourself of the back.
And then, for me, say to yourself, "Great job."

Demoniacal

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No previous entry
I was a smoker since the age of 14, till just before I turned 36 last year. I struggled many times with quitting, until I tried of all things a Blu ( I know, ugh) That gave me the kick in the pants and the realization that I could get away from cigarettes after smoking for more than half of my life. Once I moved up to an ego pen, and discovered the wealth of flavors available, I was hooked on vaping. Shortly afterwards I discovered the VU community, and Vapers.TV and needless to say, with all of the help from here, and the shows there, I've learned alot, and am now over a year stinky free!!!

Reactions: jj2

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post #1

Post from other contest: http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?posts/635942

My wife and I have both been vaping off and on for about two or three years but this last time we made the switch it has stuck for over a year. I had a stinky on new years and one on 4th of July and they were both terrible! They tasted like chemicals and were just no good anymore! She is down to 6mg at home and 12 at work and I am down to 6 but switching over to 3 with all future juice purchases. We both have the goal of reaching zero at some point and then we'll see where we go from there. I honestly feel so much better and she does too. No more smelling like a cigarette butt and breathing is so much easier!

philfish8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. I started vaping with a tank and a battery mainly so I didn;t have to go out in the cold to smoke. Within 2 weeks I quit smoking altogether! I have helped a few folks switch over by pifing my older vape gear. I love to vape and I also like all the cool people in the vape community.

Hardgrave

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
#1 - I was a smoker for 14 years. I started because my parents smoked in the house and I seen my classmates doing it as well so I figured that I should smoke as well. Of course that does not account for 14 years total. I smoked mainly because of depression and I felt that claiming when I had one. It was October last year when I got my first vape device, I was dual using until I went to VapeConUSA last years and I got myself an MVP 2 and my life changed. I quit smoking and been vaping since. I am glad and feel so much better now then I have in 14 years.

Last edited:

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello iam a 34 yr old female who's been vaping since March 26 2015 I quite smoking in 3 week of vaping and I have gotten 3 other ppl to start vaping 1 quite smoking 1 person quite cigars and 1 is on her way to quiting only smoking first thing in the morning ...my brother quite smoking with vaping 1 yr ago and intrested in the fact it looked cool I wanted one with no intentions on quiting but he sent me a aspire sub ohm battery and aspire tank with a blind nic. Titration and here I am smoke free since April 6 2015 ,I have also had the opportunity to pif my 2 aspire set-up and 2 evod 2 setups along with eleaf/kanger set up and kanger sobbox mini to vapes who have made the switch iam thankful to have friends that have started vaping due to me and more importantly STOPPED smoking with my help therefore being able to make a few ppl a little healthier thank you for this opportunity. ...

It's not smoke it's Vapor ! :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors