Become a Patron!

ENDED O2PUR let's hear some tunes giveaway EST END DATE Jan 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Mozart's birthday - 1/27/1756

He was the first punk ever to set foot on this earth.
He was a genius from the day of his birth.
He could play the piano like a ringing a bell
And ev'rybody screamed:
Come on, rock me Amadeus.

He was a superstar, he was dynamite and whatever he did (it)
Seemed to be alright.
And he drank (and) he cursed and he fooled around
But when the women would shout:
Rock me Amadeus,
Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus,
Oh oh oh Amadeus.

With a bottle of wine in one hand and a woman in the other
'Cause he was a ladies man
He never stopped to worry what the next day would bring
Because the girls would sing:
Rock me Amadeus,
Oh oh oh Amadeus.

His mind was on rock and roll and having fun
Because he lived so fast he had to die so young.
But he made his mark in history.
Still ev'rybody says:
Rock me Amadeus
Oh oh oh Amadeus.

Last edited:

SD.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorie, contemplating a crime...

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please msg me if this tune has been posted already. Thx

I've been sharing this for a few years on FB. I forget where I plagiarized the info from.

"Maggot Brain" is a song by the band Funkadelic. It appears as the lead track on their 1971 album of the same name.

The original recording of the song, over ten minutes long, features little more than a spoken introduction and a much-praised extended guitar solo by Eddie Hazel. Music critic Greg Tate described the song as Funkadelic's A Love Supreme; the song is #60 on the Rolling Stone list of 100 Greatest Guitar Songs. Reportedly, "Maggot Brain" was Hazel's nickname. Other sources say the title is a reference to band leader George Clinton finding his brother's "decomposed dead body, skull cracked, in a Chicago apartment." Michael Hampton (Hazel's replacement as lead guitarist) recorded his own interpretation of the song in 1978, which was included in a bonus vinyl EP that was distributed with the album One Nation Under a Groove; the cut is also included in most CD editions of that album.

According to legend, George Clinton, under the influence of LSD, told Eddie Hazel during the recording session to imagine he had been told his mother was dead, but then learned that it was not true. The result was the 10-minute guitar solo for which Hazel is most fondly remembered by many music critics and fans. Though several other musicians began the track playing, Clinton soon realized how powerful Hazel's solo was and faded them out so that the focus would be on Hazel's guitar. Critics have described the solo as "lengthy, mind-melting" and "an emotional apocalypse of sound."

The entire track was recorded in one take. The solo is mostly played in a pentatonic minor scale in the key of Em over another guitar track of a simple arpeggio. Hazel's solo was played through a fuzzbox and a Crybaby Wah wah pedal; some sections of the song utilize a delay effect. This style would be revisited later in Standing on the Verge of Getting It On on the track "Good Thoughts, Bad Thoughts". A live version with full band accompaniment was released in 1997 on the album "Funkadelic Finest".

SD.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No, I won't be afraid, just as long as you stand, "Stand By Me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors