Become a Patron!

Eliquid Effects on The Lungs

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all hope everybody is well & healthy!

I'm a Quadriplegic meaning i have lost all moment below my neck but still have all movement in my neck & head.

i can only breath with a 3rd of my lungs & have been in ICU twice now with pneumonia & is the biggest reason i've stopped smoking.
But what i'm noticing is when i've been using my ecig my lungs sort of feel sore if that makes sense?

So what are the main ingredients & addictive's are in th Eju7ice & what could be the cause of this sensation?

Any help will be appreciated

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my earlier days of vaping VG made my lungs feel heavy and almost as if I was getting bronchitis. I moved to high PG juice and it went away. Now I'm able to vape high VG juice again, so I suspect my 40-years of smoking was playing games with my lungs!

Try high PG and see if that helps.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For me PG was the problem. I can't handle more than 10% PG.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In my earlier days of vaping VG made my lungs feel heavy and almost as if I was getting bronchitis. I moved to high PG juice and it went away. Now I'm able to vape high VG juice again, so I suspect my 40-years of smoking was playing games with my lungs!

Try high PG and see if that helps.
I get that too sometimes AmandaD probably should take more notice what i'm vaping on at the time might help abit aye, i don't know what bronchitis feels like is it almost like there's a weight on your diaphragm where your ribbs join? If so i've had that too! What i mean or what i get is well its very similar to when i used to to smoke weed up until febuary this year,i was a real heavy smoker 15+ joints a day & the morning after my lungs felt almost like they had been scorched if anybody can relate to that? thx AmandaD

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the same thing as you and Amanda. VG was my culprit. My lungs ended up feeling like I was congested/less 02 saturation etc. The quality of VG also played a role.

If that is not the case for you I suggest doing mouth hits and refrain from deep inhalation. You can absorb enough nicotine via buccal to suffice if your concerned with pneumonia.
Hi Artemis i don't do lung hits at all i can see the point apart from visual, i'm not necessarily i'm getting enough nicotine at 24mg & 36 in one of my spare ecigs if i'm having a really rough frustrated time which goes with the territory being Quadriplegic but that doesn't give me the feeling at all. What actually is PG & VG & why or what are they used for apart from the obvious? Thanks Artemis

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
when did you stop smoking? Some of what you are experiencing may be due to not smoking. when we quit smoking period, regardless of vaping or not, our bodies go through physical changes. Some get acne, many get something like a cold. Many get a cough for a few days. SO your symptoms may have nothing to do with vaping.

I am not familiar with the brand of juice you are using, so it may have DA/AP in it which you may not like. It may be too much of PG or VG, it could be the nic itself. It could just be low quality ingredients in the juice. It could be the type of wicking your cartomizer/tank uses

There are so many factors, we would need more details to truly help you. But starting with the juice is a good place to start. Try a different flavor, try different pv/vg rations, try lower nic

If none of that makes a difference, try a different tank/clearomizer/cartomizer

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well Mattp169 i'm positive its nothing to do with not smoking i started using a vype epen https://uk.govype.com/epen-starter-kit
& never had any problems what so ever.I've been using a variety of Eliquids from the suppliers.

I still can't find what bloody VG/PG means & what not & what to look for? i could look at the different boards all day & still not find what i'm looking far but i get frustrated so quick you wouldn't believe my my tomo knows how i ge. its like being in a straight jacket & gaffa taped up all at the same time.

http://www.ciggyjuice.co.uk/
http://www.vape-it.co.uk/
http://www.vikingecigs.co.uk/Dekang-E-Liquid-eliquid
http://www.vibrant-vapours.co.uk/

I'll have a look at the PG/VG & nicotine content tomorrow.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for the top quality e-liquids? UK preferably?

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yes i've got it thanks i didn't read it thoroughly but it gave me all i need to know. Thanks Artemis!

yes i've got it thanks i didn't read it thoroughly but it gave me all i need to know. Thanks Artemis!
check out diacetyl. It's a natural ingredient in juice. Most companies have taken it out. But the other ingredients they are using has a similar chemical compound. I have been reading heavily in this cause I have allegic asthma and am having problem with vaping. To the point I stopped and went back to cigs. Also I am thinking that subohm vaping causes too much fluid in the lungs and throat so u am going back to my ecto pen

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mcrawford i have slight asthma but don't know what causes what i try not to think & read into things the mind can play tricks imo!

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
having to rethink about Eliquids lately, somethings changed over the last month or so i don't know what whether it's a cold,coughs or down to the Eliquids i'm using.
I've noticed the later on in the day it gets the tighter my chest gets to the point where i'm having to use my salbutamol inhaler.

Has anybody had these symptoms before? i've searched the the boards but not found anything concrete.

What liquids do people use who have got asthma?

I could really do with advise please anybody i'm pretty desperate!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So sorry you're having issues - that's miserable. The best way to rule out whether it might be pg or VG is to vape liquids that are either max pg or max vg. Can you get those? I know that for instance Halo liquid is very high PG - if you can get that in the UK. Or do you know someone there who does DIY?

I know there's someone on the other board who has asmtha and vapes. I seem to remember she has to use max PG, but it might be different for you.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Without confusing you more Neal I found a website that is easy to understand (pg/vg) etc. I hope this helps you.
http://the-best-electronic-cigarett...what-is-the-difference-and-what-should-i-use/
So sorry you're having issues - that's miserable. The best way to rule out whether it might be pg or VG is to vape liquids that are either max pg or max vg. Can you get those? I know that for instance Halo liquid is very high PG - if you can get that in the UK. Or do you know someone there who does DIY?

I know there's someone on the other board who has asmtha and vapes. I seem to remember she has to use max PG, but it might be different for you.
Hi Amanda thanks for the reply!
I haven't found anywhere in the UK that makes either pure of high PG or VG & don't know anyone on the boards who mixes them so not having much luck.
There has got to be somewhere surly hasn't there? untill something pops up i'll just have to keep searching & take your advice on board.
My problem will be the throat hit,if i'm right in saying PG is responsible for the throat hit so trying the max VG will be a pig to to try unless there are other ways of getting a big throat hit?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have allergy triggered Asthma/asthmatic symptoms. I do have a rescue inhaler for such times.

The more VG I vape the increase in chest tightness, fullness and slight pain upon expiration. I have to be careful when I vape before going out into sub zero weather. I use 70/30 and 50/50 at times. Depending on recipes. (I make my own). When I first started vaping vendors eliquid it would also make me expectorate copious amounts of phlegm. This is my experience.
I don't have asmtha but I had the same experience with VG when I started vaping. It's taken me almost 2 years to be able to vape high VG - after 40 years of smoking.

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have allergy triggered Asthma/asthmatic symptoms. I do have a rescue inhaler for such times.

The more VG I vape the increase in chest tightness, fullness and slight pain upon expiration. I have to be careful when I vape before going out into sub zero weather. I use 70/30 and 50/50 at times. Depending on recipes. (I make my own). When I first started vaping vendors eliquid it would also make me expectorate copious amounts of phlegm. This is my experience.
Thanks for the reply Artemis sternum
I've had that pain i was thinking initially paranoid i was getting pneumonia or pleurisy all around the ribb cage & sternum along with tightness but only bits of mucus.
So my problem now is finding a vendor that sells higher liquids with various options. There has to be some surely.

Where are people mostly from on these boards?

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
can't believe my luck! found a place that sells 100% PG with a choice of double flavour & 70% VG 30% PG what effect will the double flavouring have on vaping?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
can't believe my luck! found a place that sells 100% PG with a choice of double flavour & 70% VG 30% PG what effect will the double flavouring have on vaping?

Gosh that depends on how much they flavor to start with! Remember PG does carry flavors more easily, so you might find an unvapable overflavored juice. But you won't know until you try! If they already sell 70% VG (and not higher) I'm betting they use at least 20% flavoring - 40% would be a massive amount (to me at any rate).

Incidentally, with your condition I'd be wary of juice loaded with diacetyl (custards and such).

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gosh that depends on how much they flavor to start with! Remember PG does carry flavors more easily, so you might find an unvapable overflavored juice. But you won't know until you try! If they already sell 70% VG (and not higher) I'm betting they use at least 20% flavoring - 40% would be a massive amount (to me at any rate).

Incidentally, with your condition I'd be wary of juice loaded with diacetyl (custards and such).
I can't taste or smell much at all Amanda due to the cars windscreen & roof giving me a form of brain damage plus when i broke my neck the consultants told me that effects the taste & smell so i really do struggle tasting & smelling. bu like you said i won't know untill they arrive.

My order

Attachments

• www.health-e-vape.co.uk.JPG
    www.health-e-vape.co.uk.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 14

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does anyone seem to cough a lot with high VG....
Lately any juice made with max VG, I start coughing with heavy feeling like mentioned.
If this is because of high VG.
I can change the pg/VG
See if it's helped at all from others who have same problem.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lately any juice made with max VG, I start coughing with heavy feeling like mentioned.
I can change the pg/VG
Yes, I had that problem for the first 18 months or so - maybe a little longer. But more recently it's changed, and I can vape high VG.. so there's hope! I did have to go to much higher pg for quite a while (60-70PG/40VG).

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So by adding a bit more pg,I should cut back on the coughing.
I really was upset so much I make high VG.so it's fixable.
Thank you for info

neal1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can change the pg/VG
hi karen

When my dad takes a toke on mine he coughs his lungs up just about, all what i've learnt & heard is dependable on nicotine strength,if it's high its supposedly meant to give you more of a throat hit but imho i can't tell any difference between 3.6mg and 1.8mg the only notable difference is the higher the nicotine content its makes my heart race like mad & can take your breath away at times.

I agree with what some of the others say i'm using 100% PG and it does give a good tickle but i must admit i actually like the throat hit the more the merrier to me lol.

But i also have some 100% VG and that doesn't give me any throat hit at all no tickle nothing. wat i did find using the higher VG content if you read further up, it left my chest feeling like i had something heavy sat on it as a few other members have commented on.

pure perfection eliquid is a great place for liquids i've found!

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Arthemis
Thankyou for response
One is I don't use no nicatine or tobacco
Mostly high VG, and flavoring , distilled water I add to my VG an shake .
Yes I get that heavy feeling after trying to get a nice hit. So I lowered my settings. On my sigelei . My rda I try to make smaller vents , for a less hit.
Thank You for much interesting information
I will check this web sight you mentioned .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pure perfection is this an Ejuice web sight I'm looking up ...

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Neil which place offers such . Sounds great !!!
Let me know it's works for you ..

VU Sponsors