moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
uploadfromtaptalk1423791464277.jpg

Currently charging, so I haven't had a chance to vape with it yet.

If the photo came out clearly, I tried to show that it's a little shorter and wider than the Sigelei Mini 30

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dang I just uploaded a thread about this haha. I am debating whether I should get the 30W or the 50

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, have to love the small form factor of a 50w device there.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the pics , keep us posted on your thoughts about it . ! !

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dang I just uploaded a thread about this haha. I am debating whether I should get the 30W or the 50

Get both. You can't go wrong with either one. It's always wise two have at least two good working mods on hand for back up and/or to vape with different atomizers. These are one of the most if not the most popular and in demand devices on the market.

Last edited:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 14386

Currently charging, so I haven't had a chance to vape with it yet.

If the photo came out clearly, I tried to show that it's a little shorter and wider than the Sigelei Mini 30

It looks right at home:) I'm jealous you beat me to it. That's a keeper for sure.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my iStick 50 today also. Surprisingly good little device. The regulation is very accurate form the bit of testing I've done on it with a meter. A big difference from the previous iSticks since it is a true DC-DC device. So no PWM for step down, a real buck circuit for DC regulated voltage step down. The size for a 50watt 4400Mah device is surprisingly small. All in all, I find this preferable to my IPV3 since I rarely go above 30watts. So far I really like it. We'll see how it holds up for the long term, but it's off to a great start.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
0.2 - 5.0 ohms

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I know a shop that has them or will have on Monday, just a bit tight on money atm..
i has a list of things i need :D lol.. asked the guy to hold me a blue one..
bit high, but it's local..

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All is working fine with the iStick 50 so far, including Ohm's law calcuations. I also think eLeaf solved the over-powering issue that existed with the 20w version. The spring-loaded connector is a HUGE improvement as well.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All is working fine with the iStick 50 so far, including Ohm's law calcuations. I also think eLeaf solved the over-powering issue that existed with the 20w version. The spring-loaded connector is a HUGE improvement as well.

Since the iStick50 uses a completely different method of regulation, DC-DC instead of the iStick20 Mean PWM, the regulation is quite a bit better than the 20. I think they have done quite a good job on the electronics of the 50, and you're right the 50 doesn't fire a higher voltage than expected. It looks to be very accurate in that regard, I'm quite pleased with it. I also agree the spring loaded 510 is a great addition.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine has shipped! Since Monday is a holiday, I'm looking for it on Tuesday.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seriously thinking this will be in my future, and it's still hella cheap, seen less than $50. Think eleaf has really set the bar on affordability, and from what I've read and personally experienced these things just work.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really like the appearance of the black Sigelei 50W v2 Box Mod and almost bought one. I wasn't sure if I needed 50 watts of vaping power, so I bought a Sigelei Mini 30W instead.
I am not a fan of non-replaceable battery powered devices other then cheap stick batteries, but when I saw the iStick 50 watt has a 4400Mah battery in it, I may change my mind. I will be watching for reviews of this item should I find myself needing a 50 watt device.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Best. Mod. Ever?

Propably not. But pretty damn good anyway. This is like the Tugboat, everyone should own at least one.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoky,
This is the only thing I have ever pre-ordered. I so wish it would come in.

I don't do pre-orders either. I would much rather wait until the final version is released and in stock. For the price and features it's the best mod you can buy in my opinion. Hope you get it this week:)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously thinking this will be in my future, and it's still hella cheap, seen less than $50. Think eleaf has really set the bar on affordability, and from what I've read and personally experienced these things just work.

I couldn't have said it better. They hit this one out of the ballpark just like all their products.You can get them for only $49 at www.evape.us and it's a complete set. The reviews have been astonishing as I had expected. Pick one up as soon as you can before they sell out.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I received my iStick 50 today also. Surprisingly good little device. The regulation is very accurate form the bit of testing I've done on it with a meter. A big difference from the previous iSticks since it is a true DC-DC device. So no PWM for step down, a real buck circuit for DC regulated voltage step down. The size for a 50watt 4400Mah device is surprisingly small. All in all, I find this preferable to my IPV3 since I rarely go above 30watts. So far I really like it. We'll see how it holds up for the long term, but it's off to a great start.
at 16:40 by the numbers it looks like its PWM between a high and a low. So burning the juice at the top and going back down. I need clean watts at 6 watts. Probably when I get clean power down there I can go up to 7 without noticing a burn in the flavors.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
at 16:40 by the numbers it looks like its PWM between a high and a low. So burning the juice at the top and going back down. I need clean watts at 6 watts. Probably when I get clean power down there I can go up to 7 without noticing a burn in the flavors.

You're right Tom. The early report I saw said no PWM, but in fact it does seem to use PWM below 3.9v according to Todd's testing. It also appears to use RMS, so not a big deal really. There's nothing inherently wrong with PWM when done right and can provide excellent voltage regulation. Look at the Provari for proof of this. Probably the most accurate regulated device I've ever seen, and it uses PWM. I haven't noticed any rattlesnake sound on the iStick 50, so perhaps they are using a high enough frequency to eliminate objectionable behavior of low frequency PWM. I wish I had a scope to be able to test this myself, I might have to invest in one. But I'll wait a few days for Busardo to finish his testing and review and see what's going on with it. But I can say, even below 3.9v it does give a very smooth vape.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're right Tom. The early report I saw said no PWM, but in fact it does seem to use PWM below 3.9v according to Todd's testing. It also appears to use RMS, so not a big deal really. There's nothing inherently wrong with PWM when done right and can provide excellent voltage regulation. Look at the Provari for proof of this. Probably the most accurate regulated device I've ever seen, and it uses PWM. I haven't noticed any rattlesnake sound on the iStick 50, so perhaps they are using a high enough frequency to eliminate objectionable behavior of low frequency PWM. I wish I had a scope to be able to test this myself, I might have to invest in one. But I'll wait a few days for Busardo to finish his testing and review and see what's going on with it. But I can say, even below 3.9v it does give a very smooth vape.
Im using it at 3.7 v right now with a subtank and it is very smooth, no rattlesnake detected yet

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally got mine this morning. The delay was due to the PO and an ice storm, not the vendor. Just started using it, it arrived fully charged, but looking good.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm hoping eLeaf comes out with silicone sleeves to fit this model.

The only thing at this point that I would suggest as a possible improvement is have eLeaf consider doing something like a Fat Daddy connector ... example:
fdv510.png

I'm already getting surface scratches on the top of the device as a result of screwing on the tank. Not too big a deal since you can't see them once the tank is on.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm hoping eLeaf comes out with silicone sleeves to fit this model.

The only thing at this point that I would suggest as a possible improvement is have eLeaf consider doing something like a Fat Daddy connector ... example:
fdv510.png

I'm already getting surface scratches on the top of the device as a result of screwing on the tank. Not too big a deal since you can't see them once the tank is on.

I think I'd rather have it sitting flush on the top like it is right now rather than sitting above the deck with a FDV 510 on it. Even though it does put some scratches on the top. I'll probably order a carbon wrap from JWraps since it covers the top also rather than get a silicone sleeve which I don't think will cover the top. But even without the wrap I like the flush look. Just personal preference really.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think every box'ish mod should have a fatdaddy type connector. Spring loaded, stainless threads and integral landing pad. Make it flush and done. Having to consider whether a fdv 510 transplant can be done on a mod is part of my pre-purchase routine. I don't buy it if it won't take one. I'm tired of half ass connectors. The fat man figured it out long ago. What the hell is taking china so long? The small 510 connectors provide the physical and electrical connection between our devices. They should be as bullet proof as possible. Few stock devices provide the same strong and consistent connection a fdv 510 does.

Hey china, copy it! You copy everything else. Quit neglecting the connector.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think every box'ish mod should have a fatdaddy type connector. Spring loaded, stainless threads and integral landing pad. Make it flush and done. Having to consider whether a fdv 510 transplant can be done on a mod is part of my pre-purchase routine. I don't buy it if it won't take one. I'm tired of half ass connectors. The fat man figured it out long ago. What the hell is taking china so long? The small 510 connectors provide the physical and electrical connection between our devices. They should be as bullet proof as possible. Few stock devices provide the same strong and consistent connection a fdv 510 does.

Hey china, copy it! You copy everything else. Quit neglecting the connector.

I think eLeaf did listen. They added the spring loaded 510 pin, the stainless steel threads and the top cap of the device is the flush mount for the atty's. I guess the only thing not the same as the FDV is the top cap is chromed brass instead of SS, but that would add to the total cost of production so I'm OK with the chrome. But like you, I really like the FDV 510's and use them on all the boxes I make. The FDV 510 is a great product and very good price.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think eLeaf did listen. They added the spring loaded 510 pin, the stainless steel threads and the top cap of the device is the flush mount for the atty's. I guess the only thing not the same as the FDV is the top cap is chromed brass instead of SS, but that would add to the total cost of production so I'm OK with the chrome. But like you, I really like the FDV 510's and use them on all the boxes I make. The FDV 510 is a great product and very good price.
They got two out of three. The ss threads and the sprung pin. I still think the landing pad and the threads should be all one piece and all ss. Ensuring the atty sits flush (without tearing up the top of the mod) and has proper lateral support is better achieved when it's all one solid piece. Fasttech has a fdv style connector for $3. They and the manufacturer are still making money at that price so I don't buy the increased cost angle. The istick's new connector is better than some, but many other newer mods using spring loaded pins have the connector protruding above the mod's top cap. Leaves a gap and provides no lateral support. Also, if the connector threads and top cap don't maintain a perfect right angle with each other the connection gets stressed. A one piece design solves these issues. Brass threads and fixed pins were complained about enough they started changing to ss threads and sprung pins. Folks have mostly overlooked the importance of having an integral landing pad. They're getting closer, but still aren't all the way there yet. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Jah

VU Sponsors