Become a Patron!

Eleaf istick 30w fluctuating power ?

I've been vaping only 4 months to quit smoking. I have the istick 30w which has been working great started with k1 tanks with 1.6 coils now I use only the aspire nataulis tank with 1.6 coils. I have it locked at 4.2v. As per the coils max specs, and was going great for a couple months. But a couple days ago my clouds got thin and whispy not the normal thick and dense. The vape tends to sting the back of my throat. And this happened almost at the bottom of a 30 ml bottle of juice. I cleaned everything, I tried new juice, I changed the coil, no go. So I've increased to 4.8v and I got my clouds back with flavour back, what gives. This is going to burn thru coils much faster. Is that battery putting out 4.2v even tho it says 4.8v ?? And I increased sequentially until I found the clouds and flavour return. And of course I tried going lower didn't work. 3 coils later I ended up at 4.8v. So is my istick toast ??? Please help...

Last edited:

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Have you tried a coil from a different batch or supplier since this issue started?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It could be that the pin(s) in the 510 connection don't make proper contact. As a regular maintenance, I clean the contacts with Isopropyl alcohol at least every two weeks. Using a q-tip, I put some alcohol on one cotton pad, and clean the connections. Once cleaned, I use the dry part to absorb any left over alcohol in/on the connections. Then, I let it sit for at least 5 Minutes, in order to make sure, eventual alcohol can evaporate, and there's no more alcohol left.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of mine does the oposite than yours is doing. :eek:

I have 6 Istick 30's between me and the wife. I bought them when they first came out. ( actually I got the 20's before that)

I do have one of them that now reads much lower than they used to but it puts out the same power that they use to. Does that make sense ?

I vape around 1.1 to 1.3 ohm coils and usually vape around 3.5 to 3.7 volts. But one of the isticks that now vapes exactly the same as the 3.5 volts do, but they read volts in the 2's..... I think maybe 2.8 or something.

It doesnt bother me for the price, I just find my sweet spot LIKE YOU HAVE DONE and go about my buisness. Its just probably some glitchy cheapo Chineese circuit board thing .

Power is power whether its in volts or watts, the bottom line is finding the sweet spot for your coil/cotton or rayon and your desired juice.

In answer to your question: Yes, I find them to be a bit glitchy, but nothing I cant adjust in about 20 seconds. It may not have the accuracy of a Provari Chip ( I have 5 of those ) but I tend to prefer the istick due to the price, size, weight and convenience of an internal battery making charging a real pleasure.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS I just looked at my crazy istick again and its really funny. It is says 9.2 watts and 4.1 volts........ LOL I dont even think that is possible is it ?.

It vapes pefectly though like it was set on 12.5 to 13 watts which should be around my 3.5 to 3.7 volts.

So, its a glitchy device ( which right now is going the other direction, but still vapes at the right power level for me.

Well first off thank you all for your replies. Misthub_rick yes and no lol the third coil was from a different store entirely so different batch but same brand.

Neunerball it's funny I'm very particular about my devices too. So yes I cleaned all the contacts. The vape shop guy used to laugh at me Cuz I had 5 k1 tanks each for a different flavor ;)

Thunderball: damn dude u have a lot of batteries lol :D and I think your right about it just being glitchy but I got fed up today from adjusting it so now it's going to be my back up. Got the joyetech eVIC VT today so now I'm gunna have some fun with a sub ohm lol should be interesting i just cant wait to be done with the nic.
thanks again

VU Sponsors