Become a Patron!

Eleaf BASAL Kit. "Give me your firelight please! Oh, this is vape again..."

Vape Path

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, guys!
Today, let me speak about one kit, which underlines your style, can be confused with some your pocket accessories and which will help to look as a citizen refined dandy. Here is Eleaf BASAL Kit, friends!

DSC_0546.jpg

It came to me in a light box, where on the face you can see the profile and full face of the device, company`s logo and the name of kit.
On the back side you can find set info, the company`s logo, the name of the device, contacts, certificates and warnings.

DSC_0534.jpg
DSC_0536.jpg

The set includes only the most important things, without any bonuses.

DSC_0550.jpg

Eleaf BASAL Kit set:
1 * Eleaf BASAL box mod;
1 * GS BASAL atomizer;
1 * Replacement coil head GS Air (0,75 Оhm);
1 * Replacement coil head GS Air (1,5 Оhm);
1 * QS USB cable;
2 * User manual;
2 * О-rings​

Speaking about box mod, it`s really hard to determine what it looks like: business card holder, cigarette case?
It`s simple, but contradictory: if manufacturer made it wider, there could have been a standard functional box mod of luxury class, thanks to appearance. It looks really interesting in metal body and with one grooved side.

Eleaf BASAL box mod parametres:
Sizes: 76 mm * 36 mm * 15 mm;
Color: Rose gold, silver, yellow gold​

On the face side there is a small screen under a colored (similar to main color) glass, «-», «+» and «Fire» buttons, made flush to the body. They works without misfires, recede per millimeter into body with a blind click.

DSC_0552.jpg

At the bottom you can see a micro USB port, which allows you to charge BASAL with 2A current. There
are no venting holes at all.

DSC_0562.jpg

On the left side cover is smooth and you can find the name of the device and company`s logo. The right side has a psychedelic circle pattern, which is grooved and is really pleasant for to touch. There are some gaps at the corners, and, so, we can see, how the device has been assembled ;)

DSC_0554.jpg

On the top a 510 spring-loaded connector situated and occupies almost the entire thickness of the device. It`s really hard to find such a thin atomizer, besides the complete one for to use with BASAL.

DSC_0556.jpg

For to turn the device on/off you need to push the «Fire» button for 5 times.
After that we`ll see the mirror beautiful display with wattage, resistance and battery indicator. But there is a little possibility of customization: clamp «Fire» and «+» for some seconds and then you`ll be able to change the appearance with battery indicator, puffs, puff time or current.

DSC_0598-e1514286070305.jpg
DSC_0604-e1514286077669.jpg
DSC_0602-e1514286084926.jpg
DSC_0601-e1514286094100.jpg

For to activate stealth mode, you need to clamp «Fire» и «-» at the same time, and then see the system message.

For to lock buttons – clamp «+» и «-», when the device is on.

For to rotate the screen - clamp «+» и «-», when the device is off.

Eleaf BASAL specifications:
Wattage: 1-30W;
Resistance: 0,6-3 Ohm;
Modes: VW;
Thread: 510 spring-loaded;
Max charging curren: 2А;
Battery: Built-in, 1500mAh;
Protection list: from short circuit, overcharge/discharge, high resistance, low/high temperature​

The complete atomizer Eleaf GS BASAL is similar to steel injector for me, which sometimes doctors use. Why? Really, I don`t know)) It`s high, thin and the glass color is similar to box mod.

DSC_0642.jpg

GS BASAL atomizer parametres:
Height: 43 mm;
Width: 14 mm;
Capacity: 1,8 ml;
Color: Silver​

Eleaf GSBASAL consists of 4 parts: base, the monolith part of chamber, tube, shaft and top cap, replacement coil head and drip tip.

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

The base is made with bottom fine airflow tuning and has 2 threads for to fix the coil head and chamber.

Replacement coil heads are of «GS Air» type and have 0,75 and 1,5 Ohm resistance, which tough puff lovers will definitely. The first one works on 8-25W and the other one – on 8-20W.

DSC_0474.jpg

As for the monolithic part of GS BASAL – it consists of half-chamber, thin and long shaft, which flows into top cap. The glass tube can`t be changed, this is bad, and I think, that manufacturer don`t bet lots attention on it, because of non-standard diameter. It will be popular only among narrow vapers sphere.

The filling has a bottom and old as dinosaurs type: for to fill the atomizer, you`ll have to invert GS BASAL, unscrew a monolithic part and fill the tube with juice from the sides.
There is one terrible note: if you fill it higher than a chamber top part – the juice`ll flow into top cap and your hands/table. This is a minus to manufacturer, so, be careful!

DSC_0637.jpg

The last part is SS 510 drip tip. It looks good and works well. I won`t speak about heating, `cause on such a maximum wattage – this is funny)

DSC_0622.jpg

GS BASAL atomizer specifications:
Base: For replacement coil heads;
Airflow: Bottom;
Filling: Bottom;
Drip tip: 510;
Thread: 510 with swimming pin

DSC_0618.jpg

Pros:
Box mod design;
Quality and assembly

Cons:
Low autonomy;
The glass tube can`t be changed;
Because of small thickness you won`t be able to set your favorite atomizer ;
Price

CV
Well, how I would not like the design of box mod, I have to say, that such a kit isn`t more as a toy or an accessory, which can underline the style. Don`t wait high indices from it – this is only a «checkpoint» variant for the Co. portfolio.
Tell you, that someone will be happy with it – I won`t – let`s be realistic. For 40$ price I don`t think, that anybody will want it, and I can only put a middle-low mark to it.

You can buy it here.

VU Sponsors