Become a Patron!

Egrip RBA leaks a lot!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had an egrip with an rba base for about two weeks now. The first pre-installed head for it was very satisfying and barely ever leaked, but ever since I started replacing heads it leaks everywhere.

The rba base came with a few pre-made coils with wicks in them, and I'm still using those, but they leak badly. I install them just like all of the tutorials say, and I even add extra cotton to cover up the four holes.

It still leaks a whole lot out of the air intake and I am frustrated because I'm losing more juice than I'm vaping.

This has nothing to do with temperature or air pressure because it even happens when its sitting in the same environment for a long period of time.

How can I install the wick right so it doesn't leak anymore?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had an egrip with an rba base for about two weeks now. The first pre-installed head for it was very satisfying and barely ever leaked, but ever since I started replacing heads it leaks everywhere.

The rba base came with a few pre-made coils with wicks in them, and I'm still using those, but they leak badly. I install them just like all of the tutorials say, and I even add extra cotton to cover up the four holes.

It still leaks a whole lot out of the air intake and I am frustrated because I'm losing more juice than I'm vaping.

This has nothing to do with temperature or air pressure because it even happens when its sitting in the same environment for a long period of time.

How can I install the wick right so it doesn't leak anymore?

I have three egrips, and the only time they can dump juice is overnight if I leave them the right way up and it gets warm. Are you absolutely sure you have the little silicone thing on the top of the cap for the RBA? If so, try taking two tiny pieces of cotton and working them down over the little juice holes in the RBA. Too much and you won't be able to vape, too little and it will leak. If you're already doing this, then the last thing I can suggest is to take a coin and really tighten that sucker down (overly tight). That's what solved my initital issue!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this review video on YouTube, but the comments below it consist of many complaints of leaking as well. There might be one or few in there to tell you how to fix that, not sure.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have three egrips, and the only time they can dump juice is overnight if I leave them the right way up and it gets warm. Are you absolutely sure you have the little silicone thing on the top of the cap for the RBA? If so, try taking two tiny pieces of cotton and working them down over the little juice holes in the RBA. Too much and you won't be able to vape, too little and it will leak. If you're already doing this, then the last thing I can suggest is to take a coin and really tighten that sucker down (overly tight). That's what solved my initital issue!

I was always scared of over tightening because I don't want to strip the threads or break any seals. How tightly do you think it can do? I wish it came with more through instructions.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was always scared of over tightening because I don't want to strip the threads or break any seals. How tightly do you think it can do? I wish it came with more through instructions.

Tight, as in man-tight LOL i.e. as tight as you can get it with the coin - it will be slightly inside of the base when you get it tight. It does loosen up over time (after many tightenings!).

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you unscrew the cap a turn and a half or so could help. And like @AmandaD asked you still have the little white washer on the coil cover? They will be a pain in the ass to keep up with sooner or later.

Another thing. Someone here pointed out to me. Inside the bottom of the cap in the middle of that big sloppy screw cut they put in them is another smaller screw with the air hole in the middle of it. With a small screwdriver I bet you find that one loose.

i found that the clear top seal is what is leaking when you tighten it down it pushes out around the inner metal air hole and is no longer sealed. i took fat o-ring and cut it through and then drilled a small hole in the center (height to the top of the extender on the rba) and smaller than the diameter and pushed it on and my leak stopped. i think it is a poor design it should have a o-ring and a outside metal guide also so the o-ring cannot push out as you tighten it.
ill try it for a few days and see if any leaks happen but for the last 2 hours ( no leaks). my leak was so bad that it was coming up the tube and i was getting alot in my mouth. i am going to look around and see if i can find a thicker pre-made oring that is of the clear material because i am unsure if the material in this thicker o-ring will cause any issues with the juice.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found the best fix was the older cuddy condoms that use to be at the vape shops cut down with sharp scissors worked good. Cutting off just the flat washer end and using it.

I did my wifes 2 E-grips with that and pulled my 2 seals out altogether. No seals, just unscrew the coil cap like a turn and a 1/2 fitting down tight. Done that to my 2 E-Grips for a couple weeks now and had no leaks.

i found that the clear top seal is what is leaking when you tighten it down it pushes out around the inner metal air hole and is no longer sealed. i took fat o-ring and cut it through and then drilled a small hole in the center (height to the top of the extender on the rba) and smaller than the diameter and pushed it on and my leak stopped. i think it is a poor design it should have a o-ring and a outside metal guide also so the o-ring cannot push out as you tighten it.
ill try it for a few days and see if any leaks happen but for the last 2 hours ( no leaks). my leak was so bad that it was coming up the tube and i was getting alot in my mouth. i am going to look around and see if i can find a thicker pre-made oring that is of the clear material because i am unsure if the material in this thicker o-ring will cause any issues with the juice.
My clear top seals are going into the chamber. How can I stop,it

VU Sponsors