Become a Patron!

eGo ONE battery (2200mAh) / Crown tank w 0.25 ohm?

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here's one for the scientists --

BACKSTORY: I have a bunch of tanks that I usually run at 0.5 ohm (one or two tanks at 1 ohm) between an eVic VT and an eGo ONE (2200mAh) battery. No issues there of course. HOWEVER -- My Crown 0.5 coils seem to be roasting awfully fast for a "really long-lasting coil" (as I'm told).

So tonight, for the first time, I'm breaking in one of the 0.25 ohm coils on the eVic VT (in VW mode, of course as it's a stainless coil). It gets a bit hot for my taste (the tank and mod - not the vape), but otherwise rockin' pretty well so far.

THE QUESTION (finally...): If I throw this 0.25 tank on my ("self-regulating?") eGo ONE battery, should I expect it to work as it usually does with .5's and 1's? Will I blow up the battery? Will I roast the coil?

Just trying not to find out the hard way...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't do it. Specs state it has a minimum .5Ω resistance.

While I didn't see any stats saying it's max continuous amp rating, I think it's safe to assume that if the producers of the thing say .5Ω is as low as you should go you shouldn't ignore that and try to run something that takes twice as many amps to perform.

One thing, you mention the stainless coil so "of course" it's in VW, I believe there is a firmware update for that device that would allow you to use temperature control. That said the crown coils use different material for the legs of the coils than the coils themselves IIRC, it's 304 for one and 316 for the other, I don't really remember exactly but worth checking into if you're interested in that.

I notice it has a different minimum resistance on the Ti and Ni coils, so might be worth checking into any limitations for SS if you do go that route. Just a heads up about it.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ah - Thanks for spotting that. I notice their instruction manuals are - questionable... So, I figured I'd be lazy and just post here. ;-)

On the eVic -- I'm running the full-size model - so no firmware upgrades like the Mini. However, you've certainly given me some stuff to investigate and I thank you for that. I did have the TC coil in this thing for awhile and wow.... Then I had to go and read about nickel nastiness and what not (probably just paranoid, but meh...). That said, this thing in TC was absolutely amazing. If the Mini allows for TC with SS coils, I might have to get me another mod...

(EDIT) Holy crap -- SS316 Temp Control on the Mini... Hmmm....

Last edited:

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, jury is out on Nickel, but I prefer the TI coils. Give those a shot - warmer vape which I like.

MASSIVE

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sidenote: That 0.25 coil seems pretty sweet so far. Except that I blew through a tank in about 20 minutes... A sweet, delicious, thick, foggy tank...

I do tend to like the idea of the Ti coils a bit more though.

VU Sponsors