Become a Patron!

Efest IMR 18650 35A.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First things first, just registered here and this is my very first post.

So, i've got this battery and I was wondering if it can handle low ohms, like 0.2-0.1? Dont feel like finding out by just testing.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not without venturing into pulse ratings. It's reported to be an LG18650HE2 under that purple wrap and that's a 20 amp continuous and 35 amp pulse battery.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, gotta build higher then. Thanks.

How long does your batter last im using a .7 ohm build and my battery only last about 2 hours hitting it moderatly. It comes off the chrager at about 4.2 volts is this normal?

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How long does your batter last im using a .7 ohm build and my battery only last about 2 hours hitting it moderatly. It comes off the chrager at about 4.2 volts is this normal?
I build around 1.2 on my kayfuns, and vaping the tank down to below the window just a bit usually leaves me around 4.0 left. Kinda apples to oranges, but gives you an idea. I find them on par with my VTC5's regarding how long they last.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Big Buddha has 0.2 dual build in place and it lasts about 8h. 26650 MNKE.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw, the buddha is great. Airflow is just enough for the 0.2 build, flavor is nice and the tank lasts forever. Humiliates my friends Rda in every aspect.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I ask a silly question? I am perplexed by folks building sub ohm rigs especially in this territory and using them on high watt mods? I use a sub ohm myself but that's on a straight up non kicked mech mod. Is it just the protection a regulated device offers or am I missing something!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And you can sorta find the sweet spot for your build with variable wattage, instead of finding the sweet build for your mod (battery).

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Efest 18650 been firing up my tobh atty all day now without an issue. I dont think I would try longer sessions with it, but during my 10-15 minute breaks it works fine. 0.2 ohm dual coil setup.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And you can sorta find the sweet spot for your build with variable wattage, instead of finding the sweet build for your mod (battery).

Ah that's a darn good point I never thought of. My only reason for even going sub ohm on my builds was so that I could have a truly mechanical setup for outdoor use. AKA, drop it in the pool and who cares.

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
...but you take the battery out, and dry out internals? Right?

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But there can't be a true pulse rating without proper data...pulse load, time operating, and time necessary to cool off.

Sony has a pulse rating list on their vtc's..the more current you're pushing out of the pulse rating, the less time you're using it, between less time operating and time cooling down.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This very datasheet is likely the culprit behind many retailers listing this cell as 35a (no pulse qualifier) and Efest labeling their rewrap as a 35a cell.

VU Sponsors