Become a Patron!

Ecogear FX 18650s

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I decided to take a shot at a new type of battery EcoGear FX 18650 3000mah 40A.
I got a a pack of two for $16 bucks . So far I am really impressed with them . I used them in my Smok alien at 65 watts and after 24 hours of heavy vapping they were just under 50 %

There is nothing to complain about these , not sure if they are rewraps but these things last . After 30 hours I still did not need to change . I dont see a problem with these things lasting without charge for 2 days . Now I just have to wait and see how they do after a few charge cycles . But these guys are def worth a try .

kvOqhlqm.jpg

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are you using them in and or how much as you willing to lose teef and hands?

as stated using them in the Smok Alien but also tried in Limitless LMC . I have insurance so I would not mind getting a new set of teeth after 20 years of smoking. right now they are working better then my efests , LGs and samsungs .

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
what is the coil running at resistance wise?
They may say 40amp but have had issues with misstated amps.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 65 watts using the .15Ω you're hitting 20.82 AMP so as long as they turn out to be 20 amp you SHOULD be fine.
No idea what's under the wrap though, I am not familiar with them nor have I ever used them.

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At 65 watts using the .15Ω you're hitting 20.82 AMP so as long as they turn out to be 20 amp you SHOULD be fine.
No idea what's under the wrap though, I am not familiar with them nor have I ever used them.

so far they are spot on , brought to local BM for more tests from more hands . Seems like a great find . It seems I forgot to mention I got a free charger with these batteries . Came with a VC2 Xtar dual charger . One of main reasons I actually got them batteries being good is even more a bonus . I atm have about 10 spares mix of samsungs LGS and Efests . So unless a really good deal like one I got comes along i would not go out of way to buy. But of course thats just me .

Ive charged this guys a few times now and still looking good .

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He is only hitting 10.15A, probably around 11-12 amps with efficiency factored in (not 100% sure on the aliens efficiency, at 90% it would be 11.15A max), resistance doesn't matter with a regulated mod-but it is worrying if he is using the mech with these batteries at such resistances.

But, I do hope they are 20A batteries as you do, I see no reason to purchase these types of batteries when better, safer alternatives are available for usually less money!

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He is only hitting 10.15A, probably around 11-12 amps with efficiency factored in (not 100% sure on the aliens efficiency, at 90% it would be 11.15A max), resistance doesn't matter with a regulated mod-but it is worrying if he is using the mech with these batteries at such resistances.

But, I do hope they are 20A batteries as you do, I see no reason to purchase these types of batteries when better, safer alternatives are available for usually less money!

These things are still working good so far Ive recharged a few times have not noticed a change in performance so these seem to be a pretty good find . Add in the Free dual portable charger its like the steal of the year. I have heard that they maybe giving discounts to people that contact them to review them...... which now I wish I knew before I bought I would not mind giving any product a try . Anyway its worth a try if anyone is interested but of course always practice safety when it comes to electronics and batteries .

I guess a Free Battery charger thats worth 20-25 bucks is not worth it . You are correct 100% the Xtar VC2 dual charger is not best so I should prob just toss. What was I thinking ...... I guess you didnt read post or you would not of not posted because I forgot to mention the charger because it didnt matter at time finding decent batteries . WHich could easy be re wraps .

BTW I know a good amount about electronics and batteries . I prob have more then a good amount of people here . My field went further then just Vaping or little projects .

I was at around 13 Amps on .4 ohm coil 17 on .3 ohm coil 11.5 amps on .5 ohm coil getting 20.5-21 amps on a 1.5 ohm coil. THey have stayed cool not heat problems as well .

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These things are still working good so far Ive recharged a few times have not noticed a change in performance so these seem to be a pretty good find . Add in the Free dual portable charger its like the steal of the year. I have heard that they maybe giving discounts to people that contact them to review them...... which now I wish I knew before I bought I would not mind giving any product a try . Anyway its worth a try if anyone is interested but of course always practice safety when it comes to electronics and batteries .

I guess a Free Battery charger thats worth 20-25 bucks is not worth it . You are correct 100% the Xtar VC2 dual charger is not best so I should prob just toss. What was I thinking ...... I guess you didnt read post or you would not of not posted because I forgot to mention the charger because it didnt matter at time finding decent batteries . WHich could easy be re wraps .

BTW I know a good amount about electronics and batteries . I prob have more then a good amount of people here . My field went further then just Vaping or little projects .

I was at around 13 Amps on .4 ohm coil 17 on .3 ohm coil 11.5 amps on .5 ohm coil getting 20.5-21 amps on a 1.5 ohm coil. THey have stayed cool not heat problems as well .
Your charger is worth it. The batteries could be anything though, as you realise, will you be going for some different batteries now?

Not everyone here just 'vapes' or does 'Little projects' either. We are all trying to help you-not hinder you. I myself went through a stage of thinking I had found fantastic batteries, which turned out to be re wrapped LG HG2's.

And your calculations-why was you vaping at 130W on a 1.5 Ohm coil lol? Voltage limit would of been reached with the majority of mods out there so it wouldn't be anywhere near this level anyway, I am basing this on your statement of 20.5-21A on a 1.5Ohm coil, which must of been regulated otherwise amp load would of been much lower.
They would of likely stayed cool due to not reaching anywhere near 130W, and also may be a good battery, but why take the chance?

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We always assume that those 3000 mAh rewraps are 20A (rewrapped HG2s) but it's not always the case and the cell used in these rewraps can change without notice, so in that case mooch's test will no longer be relevant.
There have been cases of 10A and even 5A ICRs used.
That's why you don't buy rewraps and you don't use them.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
right now they are working better then my efests , LGs and samsungs .

If they are in fact rewrapped HG2s then they would last longer then your old LGs or Samsungs, just because of the fact that they are new, while your old batteries already lost some of their capacity.

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your charger is worth it. The batteries could be anything though, as you realise, will you be going for some different batteries now?

Not everyone here just 'vapes' or does 'Little projects' either. We are all trying to help you-not hinder you. I myself went through a stage of thinking I had found fantastic batteries, which turned out to be re wrapped LG HG2's.

And your calculations-why was you vaping at 130W on a 1.5 Ohm coil lol? Voltage limit would of been reached with the majority of mods out there so it wouldn't be anywhere near this level anyway, I am basing this on your statement of 20.5-21A on a 1.5Ohm coil, which must of been regulated otherwise amp load would of been much lower.
They would of likely stayed cool due to not reaching anywhere near 130W, and also may be a good battery, but why take the chance?

typo .15 ohm coil

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So basically you have no idea what cell is under the battery wrapper. Using an unknown battery is unwise. And even though it's already been stated that build resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod you still don't get it. You know what..... Enjoy.

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So basically you have no idea what cell is under the battery wrapper. Using an unknown battery is unwise. And even though it's already been stated that build resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod you still don't get it. You know what..... Enjoy.

Thanks , I guess you didnt read the whole thread , I love people like you . I needed to smile Mondays always suck . Are you scared of a little 18650 ? Im not Im also not scared to try something new . I know batteries very well bad ones even more . It takes a special kind of stupid to blow up a Mod ... Im happy with my purchase I got a "FREE" dual charger with the purchase value is 20-25 bucks . So
really I bought a spare / portable charger for 16 bucks .

You have not seen a scary battery until you have had to deal with bad BA-5590/U or BB-2590/U as an example . Whats funny is we had no choice to use them since it was our job and they refused to spend a little extra to make them safer .

you are the type of person that makes me and Im sure others not want to share a dam thing with people . It would be different if you actually gave thread some substance instead of repeating what a helpful person already stated and an attempt to be wise ass and insulting lol.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So I decided to take a shot at a new type of battery EcoGear FX 18650 3000mah 40A.

There are no 18650 batteries in existence that are rated above 30A and a battery can have a high amp limit OR a high mAh rating NOT both

Seriously, I wouldn't use them in anything but a flashlight

I know batteries very well bad ones even more
Really, then why did you say you aren't sure if they are rewraps, anyone that knows batteries would never say a 18650 is rated at 40A 3000 mAh?

Last edited:

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are no 18650 batteries in existence that are rated above 30A and a battery can have a high amp limit OR a high mAh rating NOT both

Seriously, I wouldn't use them in anything but a flashlight

Really, then why did you say you aren't sure if they are rewraps, anyone that knows batteries would never say a 18650 is rated at 40A 3000 mAh?

because I dont know and Im not going to say I know something when I dont . Pretty simple .....

Ive found just like the Ejuice on Amazon thats States not for Vaping So they can sell it Ive seen similar claims / statements for legal reasons with things.
Yes they are big for flashlights but they are also not realizing that the Vapors are well past mech mods . I would never ever put these into a mech mod . They are are protected om top of all the add protection on VV/ WW TC mods . If these batteries work well then I will have no problem getting them again if a similar sale/ deal comes along . Hell I have flashlights I can use them with .

I also heard that the company is giving people free batteries and stuff to try and review. i wish I knew that before but either way didnt matter I wanted a portable charger.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks , I guess you didnt read the whole thread , I love people like you . I needed to smile Mondays always suck . Are you scared of a little 18650 ? Im not Im also not scared to try something new . I know batteries very well bad ones even more . It takes a special kind of stupid to blow up a Mod ... Im happy with my purchase I got a "FREE" dual charger with the purchase value is 20-25 bucks . So

You have not seen a scary battery until you have had to deal with bad BA-5590/U or BB-2590/U as an example . Whats funny is we had no choice to use them since it was our job and they refused to spend a little extra to make them safer .

you are the type of person that makes me and Im sure others not want to share a dam thing with people . It would be different if you actually gave thread some substance instead of repeating what a helpful person already stated and an attempt to be wise ass and insulting lol.
These cells contain enough energy to cause severe bodily harm and can burn your house down. Especially when that energy is discharged all at once. If you want to gamble on a mystery cell with inflated specs when for all you know it's possibly a 5 amp cell, go for it. I don't really give a shit. My problem is when people like you come on here and suggest others try said mystery cell. You want me to be helpful and contribute to this thread? Ok.

Please ignore the op's suggestion of trying these completely unknown batteries. His terrible advice is potentially hazardous.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I don't know who that is aimed at, but if me-I try and help where I can.

I agreed your charger was a good deal. As for not making people want to post, and attempting to be a wise ass, please point out where exactly I have been nasty? I would keep the charger-no issue there.

I also pointed out I went through the same stage as you-thinking I had found some great batteries, that were just rewrapped LG HG2's. It is not worth it for a saving of a few dollars using unknown rewraps.

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know who that is aimed at, but if me-I try and help where I can.

I agreed your charger was a good deal. As for not making people want to post, and attempting to be a wise ass, please point out where exactly I have been nasty? I would keep the charger-no issue there.

I also pointed out I went through the same stage as you-thinking I had found some great batteries, that were just rewrapped LG HG2's. It is not worth it for a saving of a few dollars using unknown rewraps.

No man you are good to go , it should be to obvious who it was at. I have no problem being told I'm mistaken but it's the way it's done or if it's just uneducated people trying to act like they know . Vaping changed so fast it's very hard to stay up with it . I mean something considered not safe or can't do 6 months ago with new tech could do a 180.

When I was in the Marines we just called them shit birds and they always flocked together . I was in communications and field radio . So we used and fixed a lot of stuff . New and badly used. Since we were a department of the Navy " the men's department " they never wanted to spend money on the equipment we needed . Talk about being carefully with batteries lol. This thing mess up. You don't get bodily harm your dead haha .

You want some good laughs there is plenty of videos about batteries like
ba-5590 U and B and ba-2590s. That's just a couple for starters . But really it's not funny I've seen some bad shit

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No man you are good to go , it should be to obvious who it was at. I have no problem being told I'm mistaken but it's the way it's done or if it's just uneducated people trying to act like they know . Vaping changed so fast it's very hard to stay up with it . I mean something considered not safe or can't do 6 months ago with new tech could do a 180.

When I was in the Marines we just called them shit birds and they always flocked together . I was in communications and field radio . So we used and fixed a lot of stuff . New and badly used. Since we were a department of the Navy " the men's department " they never wanted to spend money on the equipment we needed . Talk about being carefully with batteries lol. This thing mess up. You don't get bodily harm your dead haha .

ba-5590 U and B and ba-2590s. That's just a couple for starters . But really it's not funny I've seen some bad shit
Hi man.

Ok, I wasn't sure, I wondered what I had actually done lol as I want everybody, no matter who, to feel comfortable using the forum and if I was in anyway making you uncomfortable, I did want to know as I would need to change my manner.

In all honesty, it could be your batteries are rewraps of a more well known battery, it is just due to having no way of knowing what it actually is it is said it is best to avoid them- that is why people are saying about them, I see you are quite new here(which is no means a bad thing), so it could come across as a bit hostile. I promise though, everyone has been good to me here since I joined, there was one but wherever you go there is always one lol.

I guessed you was in something to do with the forces, and communications did pop through my head due to the batteries you mentioned. I admit I didn't know what they were till I googled them though lol-I see they are non rechargeable(The ba-5590 U's), I can't find a image of how big they are, but can understand after dealing with something that is a lot bigger/dangerous, a small 18650 not seeming like much at all, even though bad failures are not the norm, no one here would want one to fail on you or anybody else-usually a failure just means a bit of electrolyte released, but can be worse, but you have probably seen similar yourself or actually experienced it with the other batteries that are much bigger and dangerous.

Not good that you don't get injured, you end up dead with those batteries-I will have to take a look on youtube at them. They use a strange connection on top, kind of like an XLR connector, what are they? Or are they just a general military connector used for batteries?

Keep safe man, Conan.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well, I had a look at one being shot (not good for any battery mind lol), and bloody hell! The flames that come out of it are immense.
I saw a video for another battery, called a CWB-150 in the same video, which just smoked after 3 rounds, the BA-2590 definitely likes to go up doesn't it!

These interest me as they seem to be rather new technology, and the potential energy stored in them is massive-none are yet commercially available but Sony wants to have them out by 2020 apparently, a Lithium Sulfur battery. It must be due to the immense power they can store that when they fail, they fail badly.

Do these types of things only really happen if they get shot or damaged, or is there a danger when charging and using them? I only ask as I haven't ever dealt with such a battery myself.

Last edited:

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I had a look at one being shot (not good for any battery mind lol), and bloody hell! The flames that come out of it are immense.
I saw a video for another battery, called a CWB-150 in the same video, which just smoked after 3 rounds, the BA-2590 definitely likes to go up doesn't it!

These interest me as they seem to be rather new technology, and the potential energy stored in them is massive-none are yet commercially available but Sony wants to have them out by 2020 apparently, a Lithium Sulfur battery. It must be due to the immense power they can store that when they fail, they fail badly.

Do these types of things only really happen if they get shot or damaged, or is there a danger when charging and using them? I only ask as I haven't ever dealt with such a battery myself.

Oh I get people are just warning for the most part . But as long as you are careful when trying out batteries and being smart , you should be ok . Most new mods have protections as well as batteries . I never charge my mod on the wall or USB . I always take batteries out and charge them . I also make sure the mod is either off or the batteries are taken out over night . Known batteries I just power off mod , new ones like ecogear come out . I did that with the brills and efest when they first came around .

THe ecos are still working well , so I actually might contact the company to see if I can get some free for reviews. I really dont need more batteries as I have 10 samsungs , 8 LG , 15 efest , 3 brill and 2 ecos . I just got rid of some that were about a year old that were not holding charge well anymore . Right now my wife and i are only using actively using 9 mods rest are retired or in reserve . I have a mod problem as I buy or make 1 week on average .

Ya the 5590 likes to explode while the 2590 flames up . THe bullet into these things are a real issue has its a top target for a sniper . Take out the radio you cant call for help . Granted they made antennas smaller so its a little harde to see , but you can still see them on your back :(

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was a 2862. The military batteries you mention are specifically designed to be used with specific gear. Their capabilities are matched with the equipment that uses them. 18650's aren't all equal and some are suitable for certain equipment and some aren't. You have no idea what actual cell is under the wrapper so you are out of line suggesting anyone use them in a high drain application. There is no reason to suggest others try an unknown cell when there are plenty of known cells available. They may be perfectly fine, but you don't know that.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would have bought the batteries for that price for sure just for the charger. Good deal for a VC2. I love my VC4.

I would use the batteries in my regulated mods, but never my mechs. I am a little less picky when running a regulated at 12-13w and 1.8ohms (yup, I use eFests!), but on a 0.2-0.6ohm builds on a single 18650 tube mech, I woudnt use anything except LG, Samsung, AW or Sony. Just me.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha, even ecogear says not to use them in any vaping device whatsoever. Too funny. They're flashlight batteries. Just the protection circuit should have told you that.

jPhilly215

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahaha, even ecogear says not to use them in any vaping device whatsoever. Too funny. They're flashlight batteries. Just the protection circuit should have told you that.

I said that already .... If you read the reason why though . Also Ejuice on AMazon says not for vaping I guess you might die if you vape that :eek:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All else aside the ones in the OP are not protected. They do sell a protected cell for flashlights and also an IMR unprotected cell which is what is pictured in the OP. They also state the 40 amp rating is a pulse figure in the Q&A at Amazon. I am NOT recommending using them just noting that there are two different models.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Typical Marine answer..

@BoomStick just a bit of advise man, forget him until he is a story in the news then laugh at him. In typical Marine fashion he knows jack and shit and if it does not relate to fighting, jerking off, or drawing cocks on the shitter wall it will not sink in.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He said they're protected.
Yeah, I saw that, part of the all else aside. The cell pictured with the 40A on the wrapper is in fact not a protected cell.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Typical Marine answer..

@BoomStick just a bit of advise man, forget him until he is a story in the news then laugh at him. In typical Marine fashion he knows jack and shit and if it does not relate to fighting, jerking off, or drawing cocks on the shitter wall it will not sink in.
Easy chief. I was in the Marines for many years. His ignorance isn't the Corps' fault.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Easy chief. I was in the Marines for many years. His ignorance isn't the Corps' fault.
By proxy here.. The Corps may not be at fault but blaming the navy for the Marines getting short changed it like blaming the auto industry for drunks wrecking their cars. Off base and clueless.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We get 6¢ out of every $1 spent on defense, but provide about 25% of the men and materiel for the country's combat operations. If you saw the difference between the equipment we use and what the other branches have, you would realize we do in fact get the short end of the resource stick. There is truth in what he said, but it's also obvious he's a fucking boot that didn't stay in long enough to become a grown up Marine. Bust his ass if you want, but insulting the entire Marine Corps is something you'll only get away with on the internet.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We get 6¢ out of every $1 spent on defense, but provide about 25% of the men and materiel for the country's combat operations. If you saw the difference between the equipment we use and what the other branches have, you would realize we do in fact get the short end of the resource stick. There is truth in what he said, but it's also obvious he's a fucking boot that didn't stay in long enough to become a grown up Marine. Bust his ass if you want, but insulting the entire Marine Corps is something you'll only get away with on the internet.
Nah I got my Charlies in the closet.
Fun fucking with boots since my chevrons go the wrong way.

VU Sponsors