Become a Patron!

ECF Refugees!

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a lot of people on ecf has some serious Vaping denial. It is possible that Vaping has adverse effects, if not likely. Anytime anyone seems to post anything that seems to suggest a Vaping related health issue soooome people seem to go on rant. Thier response is always "drink more water" even if the op drinks plenty. Hello, not everyone is the same it could very well be that Vaping IS affecting them negatively no matter if they drink more water or adjust pg/vg ratio or try different liquids. And forget a debate about nicotine, skip that one.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went in ECF and asked a simple question:
will cheap trustfire batts work in my vamo?

People jumped all down my throat!!!
From "you're going to blow your face off/burn your house down" to "You MUST use these batts that are $15.00 each" to "they absolutely will NOT work in a vamo" etc.. etc..

Everything they said was untrue.
It was just a vamo with a protank!!!

I will say I was told (by members here) I was going to blow myself up when asking a question about my current batteries (Ultrafire 26650s x4) with my setup (mech mod). I was wrong about some of my stated facts (such as the current ohm reading) but was surprised about the information, as I have never had one heat up(overly, all batteries get hot with use), let alone blow up. Guess it only takes once. The batteries do state they are protected, but now Im confused as to if they are ok or not, some info provided to me was that they were ok, others that they were dangerous and I should discontinue use. And, being as I am new to this forum, I am worried about being labeled a dumb newb or worse, for inquiring further.

EDIT:I still consider myself a newb, only having vaped for a year, and been building mods for 6 mo. I'm just trying to become safer and smarter, and learn as much as I can, as I am working part time at a local vape store.

tcmx250

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep I got banned a year ago, for listing my employment at a Vape shop, and specifying I was using the forum for personal use :)

I'm still lurking over there, have made several comments eluding that I am employed at a local vape store, guess we'll see (I help out the owner from time to time selling starter kits, juice, etc).

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really a ecf refugee but I checked it out. .

First - joining here was easier

2nd- is this fucking uncensored?

I'm on other forums that are usually over moderated and you see ***** everywhere...
Well you wont see shit here either....
oh..
wait......

ECigVaporBargains

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
this is how ridiculous ECF is. I posted on a thread trying to give a starter kit away for FREE and they banned me for life. Glad i gave it to someone from VU.

I simply asked what kind of contest people like to enter...BANNED! Couldn't post, couldn't PM, but they still took my money!

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not a refugee yet. There is still some good info there if willing to wade through all of pretentious Bullshittery!
THAT felt good!
I have many good friends there, but I only hang in the "lounge area" to have a wee bit 'o fun.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not exactly a refugee here, I was turned on to the DIY forum by @Dixie1954 , and I haven't meandered back over there since. About the only thread I'm most active in over there is the rayon thread, and quite frankly I'm tired of seeing builds! The only reason I go over there any more is to use their chat room (HINT mods: can we have a live chat?).

-Kingboomer

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you could call me an ECF refugee. I posted there back when I was starting off. I always got along with people there fairly well and there was a lot of good info floating around. I just never felt "at home" posting there. I always got weird vibes from that place. It's not a bad community and a lot of its members are very passionate, well-intended and well-informed people. Some of them are just a bit too heavy-handed and circle-jerky on certain things... ...I dunno. Certain things about it really burned me out after a while.

There's just something so immediately stifling and clinical about the place. Some of those peeps over there are drinking the kool-aid. I saw some things transpire there that I didn't think were too cool, and we'll just leave it at that. No hate in the vapor.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors