Become a Patron!

ECF Refugees!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For some reason, I was NEVER able to post or view certain threads. That place is junk anyway, out with the old, in with the VU

I learned alot over there in my first year of vaping. Enough to keep me on the right path. And the sections I stayed in always had decent people. I kept to certain sections and never really migrated away from those.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
definitly a refugee. i got kicked for selling a clone with no logos. how stupid is that.

I am so glad to be part of the next generation of forum awesomeness.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
Refugee here! haven't been back there in over 2 yrs ... it sucks! bunch of power hungry egos over there
I am with you ..some one defending so much the vendor for flavor there when I complaint about the shipping , event tho i didnt complain to the vendor i was said usps Suck hahahahah...Glad to go underground..

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use to go to ECF all the time 4 years ago, but when I started back vaping in February went once and saw how it had gone to crap and haven't been back. ECF was great during the infancy of vaping, but has ran its course.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I started in ECF too under the same screen name.
I always thought it was funny when a smoker who was just thinking about vaping came in and asked "what first device should I get if I want to try vaping?"
80% of the answers: Get a provari! (along with $200 worth of accessories) lol
I wouldn't suggest getting anything more than an ego twist with a mini protank or an innokin itaste vv 3.0 kit to a brand new vaper.
That $400.00 setup's price tag would have scared me right off.
My first mod was a Vamo V2 and a PT1.

I went in ECF and asked a simple question:
will cheap trustfire batts work in my vamo?

People jumped all down my throat!!!
From "you're going to blow your face off/burn your house down" to "You MUST use these batts that are $15.00 each" to "they absolutely will NOT work in a vamo" etc.. etc..

Everything they said was untrue.
It was just a vamo with a protank!!!

Arnie H

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started in ECF too under the same screen name.
I always thought it was funny when a smoker who was just thinking about vaping came in and asked "what first device should I get if I want to try vaping?"
80% of the answers: Get a provari! (along with $200 worth of accessories) lol
I wouldn't suggest getting anything more than an ego twist with a mini protank or an innokin itaste vv 3.0 kit to a brand new vaper.
That $400.00 setup's price tag would have scared me right off.
My first mod was a Vamo V2 and a PT1.

I went in ECF and asked a simple question:
will cheap trustfire batts work in my vamo?

People jumped all down my throat!!!
From "you're going to blow your face off/burn your house down" to "You MUST use these batts that are $15.00 each" to "they absolutely will NOT work in a vamo" etc.. etc..

Everything they said was untrue.
It was just a vamo with a protank!!!

I'm not an ECF refugee, still want to say hi, but I have used both protected and unprotected cells in the vamo v2 with no issues. Some times people regurgitate what they hear, not always aware it may be outdated or incorrect or just someones opinion.

damien

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So so true garemlin.. looking forward 2 vaping underground

damien

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is fucking greeaattt!!!! Lmao

VapingwithTwisted420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Fuck_Yea.png

Hush

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep I got banned a year ago, for listing my employment at a Vape shop, and specifying I was using the forum for personal use :)

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, im not a refugee as i like all the sites :)

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am looking forward to hangin with everyone on VU and being able to say whatever the FUCK I want to without getting banned. FUCK YEAH!

Chainvapor :)

P.S. I do think however there should be a special forum here for pussies and wimps who cannot deal with swearing. That way they can enjoy a conversation as well. (just a thought)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have used them all, still a newish Vapor and any and all information is/was needed.
You just have to know how to let others not get to you. Of course I am older and am used to getting BS from my Government, Corps, and other people. You roll with it, and get what you need...
Ignore the rest.

most likely said fuck before some of you were even born...

vape on!!!

ECF--humm-- very good reciepe threads-- beyond that you have got to be kidding. new poster rules-- post 10x in new thread IF you can find something to say. time sensetive-- if you make it you have to stay in general before getting to post on a specific thread, then of course you cant see the vids and everyone in control is opinionated as hell and if you dont go yes sir no sir you get hollered at. info???? since when??? if you have to ask its figured your to stupid to understand the answer. i tried looking into RBA's-- asked beginner questions--- gave up-- i was called names and told if i was asking basic questions i shouldnt consider getting into it. how in hell can i LEARN anything like that? hurmph.

banjobird

Member For 4 Years
I learned so much at ECF when I first started vaping over six years ago. At that time we were all newbies and learning with each other and most everyone was very kind and helpful. As ECF grew, so did the abusers. People became angry and mean. The moderators tried to get it under control but never could, hence the ban hammer for every little infraction. Sure hope the same doesn't happen here.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im no refugee from ECF and as much bashing I see going on here for their rules, Ive never had a problem with them. There are alot of good people over there in the forums I frequent however I stay mostly in my lane and only stick to the DIY JUICE, mech mods, and rebuilders areas. I have no plan on leaving ECF for any others site, but its great to have options like this site.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The place in ECF I hung out most was in the classies....got tired of seeing threads of clones that were listed being deleted because they were considered "counterfeits" by the staff even though it was clear in the ad that they weren't authentic...I don't think that will be an issue here...

VapingDemon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being sincere what is ecf?

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a refuge yet. I have met a whole lot of nice people over there including a lot of folks now here. But what I did notice the past year was I was having less fun than I use to. The meanness level has increased as well and yes I've had a few infractions for really stupid things like trying to set my sweetie up with an account from my IP address. I've been really excited anticipating this new site ever since talking to Joe and Smokie about it at DC Vapefest (Nitro was too busy running around shooting video). I had never been on a forum prior to vaping and knew I had to quit and needed knowledge but I also found a great community with many helpful and supportive folks. As for the others, like my friend in Kansas tells it, "There are more horses asses in the world than horses". Enjoy the day!

VU Sponsors