Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There's something wrong with me. But I don't really know what it is. I'm not sure if it's that I care too much. Or that I'm really some narcissistic bitch that just wants attention and sympathy. All I know at this point in my life is that I have no partner. I really guess what I don't really want one. I'm just exhausted from taking care of this dog and I think it's time for him to go to the Rainbow Bridge. It's just such a difficult decision

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've constantly cried the past 3 days. This is the dog my mom loved so much. It's like losing her all over again.
And what really sucks completely is that my daughter law is blocking me out of my granddaughter's life completely. So the hope and the spark of having a grandbaby has pretty much diminished.
My son's lifelong dream of working for the Cavaliers came through tonight. But I'm not there to watch it because I can't drive because my neck is jacked up. And I wasn't invited to go with my daughter-in-law and her grandmother and her mother.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So that's the question. Family and friends told me not to worry about it just to distance myself. So my question is should I give up? I just go on with my life

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So that's the question. Family and friends told me not to worry about it just to distance myself. So my question is should I give up? I just go on with my life

You always have to find your own way to happiness despite how those around you act

With that said, is there any chance your insurance will pay for therapy? Or can you find some type of grandparents support group?

This sounds like a very tough road to take all by yourself - but you can't keep setting yourself up for the kind of heartache these people are dishing out

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You always have to find your own way to happiness despite how those around you act

With that said, is there any chance your insurance will pay for therapy? Or can you find some type of grandparents support group?

This sounds like a very tough road to take all by yourself - but you can't keep setting yourself up for the kind of heartache these people are dishing out
I have discussed this with my ADHD psychiatrist. And she warned me about it but I guess I didn't listen good enough.
It's just difficult seeing my grandbaby and not being able to pick her up and play with her. I'll be okay. Thank you so much! Oh and BTW I Do Love Lucy

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People at my work have been asking if they could see the baby. But the weird fact of the matter is she won't bring her by my work. She will bring her out shopping to Hobby Lobby and spending money but she won't bring her to my work. The people that I work with are extremely intelligent. Computer programmers. Network engineers. She actually made me get a shot to be able to see her at the hospital. I got the shot.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The whole reason why I didn't tell anybody that I was going to have a grandbaby is cuz she did not want me to say anything. She started some Facebook page where people could post stuff every once in awhile. She wanted to keep her biological mother in the dark about the grandbaby. What will my sister came to town and we went over there her biological mother was there slobbering and kissing all over the baby.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
People at my work have been asking if they could see the baby. But the weird fact of the matter is she won't bring her by my work. She will bring her out shopping to Hobby Lobby and spending money but she won't bring her to my work. The people that I work with are extremely intelligent. Computer programmers. Network engineers. She actually made me get a shot to be able to see her at the hospital. I got the shot.

She's obviously a control freak and is threatened by you because you are out of her control. She controls you by controlling your access to your loved ones

I offered to buy her a wonderful baby pool for next summer. But she said that it was too big

That is the kind of thing where intellectually, you know nothing you do will ever be right for the mother of your grandchild

I'd stop trying, though that is supposed to be part of the joy of grand parenting (I have already bought things for grandchildren I may never have, lol)

I have discussed this with my ADHD psychiatrist. And she warned me about it but I guess I didn't listen good enough.
It's just difficult seeing my grandbaby and not being able to pick her up and play with her. I'll be okay. Thank you so much! Oh and BTW I Do Love Lucy

Its not that you didn't listen, it sounds like you have a hard time letting your intellect guide your feelings. I know this because its been a lifelong conflict for me also, especially on family matters

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My brother-in-law showed up to help them move in. And Megan was screaming and yelling at him saying no I don't want the couch over there I want it over here. So my sister, thank God, hookup for her ex-husband said just put it down anywhere.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She's obviously a control freak and is threatened by you because you are out of her control. She controls you by controlling your access to your loved ones

That is the kind of thing where intellectually, you know nothing you do will ever be right for the mother of your grandchild

I'd stop trying, though that is supposed to be part of the joy of grand parenting (I have already bought things for grandchildren I may never have, lol)

Its not that you didn't listen, it sounds like you have a hard time letting your intellect guide your feelings. I know this because its been a lifelong conflict for me also, especially on family matters
Thank you dear Lucy. You are.....well....you just ARE

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've constantly cried the past 3 days. This is the dog my mom loved so much. It's like losing her all over again.
And what really sucks completely is that my daughter law is blocking me out of my granddaughter's life completely. So the hope and the spark of having a grandbaby has pretty much diminished.
My son's lifelong dream of working for the Cavaliers came through tonight. But I'm not there to watch it because I can't drive because my neck is jacked up. And I wasn't invited to go with my daughter-in-law and her grandmother and her mother.

Just what the hell is that bitch's problem with you? Or is she just a bitch for the fun of it?

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate hearing whats going on with ya Atchaffy. If it was me, that boy of yours would never hear from ya again and the whole family would know why. How he screwed you over on money and how he allowed you to be forced out of your grand babys life. Peer pressure can be a real bitch and that kid of yours deserves a lot of shaming.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate hearing whats going on with ya Atchaffy. If it was me, that boy of yours would never hear from ya again and the whole family would know why. How he screwed you over on money and how he allowed you to be forced out of your grand babys life. Peer pressure can be a real bitch and that kid of yours deserves a lot of shaming.
:blowkiss:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's :)

Learned sumptin this morning. I called Spectrum cable to drop my TV service this morning. I would keep my phone and internet with them but no TV. They offered me this deal good for a year where I would get 350 channels (getting 10 plus local now) plus internet and phone for $90 a month versus just internet and phone for $85 a month. FOr $5 more why not but then the girl in customer service told me that if I would take my cable box which is suppose to do dvr cloud recording crap and swapped to just a regular cable box would save me $13 a month. That puppy is going in to be swapped today! And the same with my moms.

Yall might wanna check that out and if you too dont use the recording services of your cable company then swapping your box might save you $150 year too. :p

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
She might be the first girl who ever let him give her a pearl necklace, who knows. The thing is its sounds like she has him well pussy whipped to make him turn against his own mom.
He IS pussy whipped. He's not against me though. He just works so many hours his mind has turned to mush and he doesn't "see" how she treats me. But whatever. I'm just not going to expect anything from them. She sucks and so does her parasitic family. And yes, my son does suck for not putting his foot down.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He IS pussy whipped. He's not against me though. He just works so many hours his mind has turned to mush and he doesn't "see" how she treats me. But whatever. I'm just not going to expect anything from them. She sucks and so does her parasitic family. And yes, my son does suck for not putting his foot down.

I can't even imagine my son doing something like that, but I do know that most men will follow a girl with huge tits -- who lets him fuck her -- like he's her whipped dog. Last night, I was cooking fried chicken, but I told my son I wasn't going to even contemplate it unless I knew for a FACT he was gonna be there -- it's a huge hassle making fried chicken and mashed potatoes at the same meal! He said, just tell me when you're making it, and I WILL BE THERE, for SURE. Sometimes I'm really glad he's gay -- I get along fine with men, no matter their persuasion, but rarely with other women. :D

Anyway, your revenge is that when that bitch is 40, her tits will be somewhere around her navel. By the time she's our age, they'll be hitting her somewhere between thighs and knees. ;)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't even imagine my son doing something like that, but I do know that most men will follow a girl with huge tits -- who lets him fuck her -- like he's her whipped dog. Last night, I was cooking fried chicken, but I told my son I wasn't going to even contemplate it unless I knew for a FACT he was gonna be there -- it's a huge hassle making fried chicken and mashed potatoes at the same meal! He said, just tell me when you're making it, and I WILL BE THERE, for SURE. Sometimes I'm really glad he's gay -- I get along fine with men, no matter their persuasion, but rarely with other women. :D

Anyway, your revenge is that when that bitch is 40, her tits will be somewhere around her navel. By the time she's our age, they'll be hitting her somewhere between thighs and knees. ;)

Andria
OMG this made me laugh!!!!
I love home made fried chicken but you are right. It's messy! I make it every once in a while.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG this made me laugh!!!!
I love home made fried chicken but you are right. It's messy! I make it every once in a while.

Damn if that ain't the truth! Flour EVERYWHERE, careful as I try to be, and grease everywhere too -- I had cleaned up my smooth-top stove really well before I started, since the grease needs a pretty high temp, I didn't wanna burn on anymore grease than I just had to -- then I see all the flour on the edge of the stove from dredging the chicken. :facepalm: But the main hassle is that I really have to do the chicken first, because I can't be distracted with peeling/cutting up potatoes while there's hot grease going on, or I end up burning the damn chicken. So it's like, cut up chicken (I always cut it into "chicken fingers" so it cooks thru and thru in a short time), dredge chicken, fry chicken... then call the mate to come peel the spuds just after I get the chicken into the grease... once the chicken is taken up and covered with wax paper, I can cut up the spuds, boil and then mash them... IOW: HUGE FUCKING HASSLE!

But the other thing -- the floppers that ensue with age -- I am goddamn living proof: I never had tits at all, except when I was pregnant/nursing... seriously, B cup my whole life, till I gained some weight in my 40s. Now that weight seems to have decided it's staying, somewhere around 145# which seems determined to remain... so the boobs have decided the same.... but there's this bitch called GRAVITY. :facepalm: So I'm a 40C, but it requires a bra to LOOK like I'm a 40C, or they just lay there. :facepalm: GRAVITY SUCKS. So a girl with huge tits in her youth? She'll be dodging those puppies to WALK, when she's our age. ;)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought some chicken this weekend and thought about frying it up. I love fried chicken too but I was pretty lazy that day so chunked the whole pack of chicken in a pot, got out some smoked sausage and chopped it up and threw it in the pot too. The I added a bunch of water, 3/4 of a container of Cajun seasonings (minced fresh onion, bell pepper and celery) and a couple heaping tablespoons of fresh minced garlic and a wee bit of roux. Next thing I knew it was a killer gumbo :p

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn if that ain't the truth! Flour EVERYWHERE, careful as I try to be, and grease everywhere too -- I had cleaned up my smooth-top stove really well before I started, since the grease needs a pretty high temp, I didn't wanna burn on anymore grease than I just had to -- then I see all the flour on the edge of the stove from dredging the chicken. :facepalm: But the main hassle is that I really have to do the chicken first, because I can't be distracted with peeling/cutting up potatoes while there's hot grease going on, or I end up burning the damn chicken. So it's like, cut up chicken (I always cut it into "chicken fingers" so it cooks thru and thru in a short time), dredge chicken, fry chicken... then call the mate to come peel the spuds just after I get the chicken into the grease... once the chicken is taken up and covered with wax paper, I can cut up the spuds, boil and then mash them... IOW: HUGE FUCKING HASSLE!

But the other thing -- the floppers that ensue with age -- I am goddamn living proof: I never had tits at all, except when I was pregnant/nursing... seriously, B cup my whole life, till I gained some weight in my 40s. Now that weight seems to have decided it's staying, somewhere around 145# which seems determined to remain... so the boobs have decided the same.... but there's this bitch called GRAVITY. :facepalm: So I'm a 40C, but it requires a bra to LOOK like I'm a 40C, or they just lay there. :facepalm: GRAVITY SUCKS. So a girl with huge tits in her youth? She'll be dodging those puppies to WALK, when she's our age. ;)

Andria
Yeah she will be tripping over them. lol!!!
I found this interesting article!!!

By Jaine Carter

Sept. 01, 2011 0
I was not aware of this problem, until a friend called it to my attention. Her son has psychologically abandoned her, refusing to talk with her on the phone, or allowing her to see her grandchildren with whom she had had a long term positive relationship.

The immediate question one might ask is, "What did she do wrong?" If you were not present when the son's withdrawal escalated, you will never know. Daughters-in-law will claim that mothers-in-law are to blame. Some are. However, in a growing number of families, daughters-in-law have begun a not-so-subtle campaign to distance their husbands and children from continuing interaction with their husband's family of origin.

Author Anne Kathryn Killinger decided to share her grief with others as well as shed some light on the subject. She contacted numerous grandparents who lamented of similar problems. Killinger shares these stories in her new book, "A Son is a Son Till He Gets a Wife: How Toxic Daughters-in-law Destroy Families."

"In a world where mothers-in-law are frequently made the butt of bad jokes, many people assume that they are the ones that make life unbearable for their daughters-in-law," Killinger said. "I contend that it is often the other way around. Many daughters-in-law today are selfish, possessive and narcissistic, and will not rest until they have divorced their husbands from the parents who raised them. It's a deceptively gradual process, and half the time, you don't even realize it has happened until it's too late. It starts with her taking all of the phone calls for the family, or the canceling of trips to visit family. Soon, phone calls go unreturned, and finally you realize that your son is no longer your son. He's just some other woman's husband."

The dynamics of a family can be torn apart by selfish choices made by adult children. This can cause a separation in the family that tears grandchildren from grandparents. The damage can take years to repair. Sometimes, the damage will never be corrected.

Local therapist Dianne Durante suggests that this trend is another result of the pampered Baby Boomer generation. Perhaps. There is a certain attitude of superiority projected by many, not all, of today's young people. They talk back to their parents and grandparents, act impatient, disdainful and critical. Some daughters-in-law "tolerate" their husband's family and this impatient tolerance is apparent. It is uncomfortable to be in the presence of someone you feel is only tolerating you. During visits, the parents often exert some kind of negative pressure on the situation, making the children feel strange about being friendly toward their grandparents. Grandparents put up with disdainful behavior because they want access to their grandchildren. Wives of male children have the supreme power to withhold this access.

Perhaps power and control are what these controlling daughters-in-law desire, but why do the sons allow this to take place? Grandparents provide a balance in grandchildren's lives that no one else can replicate. Studies have shown that multi-generational contact between children and their grandparents provide a special unconditional love and nurturing which is healthy for children.

Killinger and her husband John, a minister, believe that over time, withholding daughters-in-law have implemented a form of mind control techniques on their husbands and their children. "The same techniques that apply to the manipulation of a person in a group or cult, according to all the authorities on mind control, apply to individuals with ?battered person syndrome.'"

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought some chicken this weekend and thought about frying it up. I love fried chicken too but I was pretty lazy that day so chunked the whole pack of chicken in a pot, got out some smoked sausage and chopped it up and threw it in the pot too. The I added a bunch of water, 3/4 of a container of Cajun seasonings (minced fresh onion, bell pepper and celery) and a couple heaping tablespoons of fresh minced garlic and a wee bit of roux. Next thing I knew it was a killer gumbo :p
Dang you!!!!! lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah she will be tripping over them. lol!!!
I found this interesting article!!!

By Jaine Carter

Sept. 01, 2011 0
I was not aware of this problem, until a friend called it to my attention. Her son has psychologically abandoned her, refusing to talk with her on the phone, or allowing her to see her grandchildren with whom she had had a long term positive relationship.

The immediate question one might ask is, "What did she do wrong?" If you were not present when the son's withdrawal escalated, you will never know. Daughters-in-law will claim that mothers-in-law are to blame. Some are. However, in a growing number of families, daughters-in-law have begun a not-so-subtle campaign to distance their husbands and children from continuing interaction with their husband's family of origin.

Author Anne Kathryn Killinger decided to share her grief with others as well as shed some light on the subject. She contacted numerous grandparents who lamented of similar problems. Killinger shares these stories in her new book, "A Son is a Son Till He Gets a Wife: How Toxic Daughters-in-law Destroy Families."

"In a world where mothers-in-law are frequently made the butt of bad jokes, many people assume that they are the ones that make life unbearable for their daughters-in-law," Killinger said. "I contend that it is often the other way around. Many daughters-in-law today are selfish, possessive and narcissistic, and will not rest until they have divorced their husbands from the parents who raised them. It's a deceptively gradual process, and half the time, you don't even realize it has happened until it's too late. It starts with her taking all of the phone calls for the family, or the canceling of trips to visit family. Soon, phone calls go unreturned, and finally you realize that your son is no longer your son. He's just some other woman's husband."

The dynamics of a family can be torn apart by selfish choices made by adult children. This can cause a separation in the family that tears grandchildren from grandparents. The damage can take years to repair. Sometimes, the damage will never be corrected.

Local therapist Dianne Durante suggests that this trend is another result of the pampered Baby Boomer generation. Perhaps. There is a certain attitude of superiority projected by many, not all, of today's young people. They talk back to their parents and grandparents, act impatient, disdainful and critical. Some daughters-in-law "tolerate" their husband's family and this impatient tolerance is apparent. It is uncomfortable to be in the presence of someone you feel is only tolerating you. During visits, the parents often exert some kind of negative pressure on the situation, making the children feel strange about being friendly toward their grandparents. Grandparents put up with disdainful behavior because they want access to their grandchildren. Wives of male children have the supreme power to withhold this access.

Perhaps power and control are what these controlling daughters-in-law desire, but why do the sons allow this to take place? Grandparents provide a balance in grandchildren's lives that no one else can replicate. Studies have shown that multi-generational contact between children and their grandparents provide a special unconditional love and nurturing which is healthy for children.

Killinger and her husband John, a minister, believe that over time, withholding daughters-in-law have implemented a form of mind control techniques on their husbands and their children. "The same techniques that apply to the manipulation of a person in a group or cult, according to all the authorities on mind control, apply to individuals with ?battered person syndrome.'"

But it's not the Boomer generation now, it's the Millenials -- most Boomers were taught better than that by their own parents, who were not reluctant to apply the "rod" when it seemed that Jr and/or Jr Miss were getting too big for their britches! I confess, I was sometimes very short with my grandmother, but NEVER with my grandfather, whom I practically worshipped -- but if my mom was around, that shit towards my grandmother met an instant slap on whatever part of my person within my mom's reach. My grandfather would just give me a glare and a "hmph" which, from him, was a Fate Worse Than Death.

But I saw something similar from my mom toward my stepdad's mom. I met the woman myself on quite a few occasions, and no, she really wasn't very pleasant to my mom -- the 2nd wife -- nor to me, the 2nd wife's child -- though I probably got the better end of the deal just because I WAS a child, and also because of my grandfather, whom practically everyone practically worshipped, and who cut her grass for her, every week, a man nearly as old as she was. She wasn't really a very pleasant person in general... but as an adult, my perspective on that has changed radically -- getting old means everything hurts, and the older you get, the more it hurts -- and losing your spouse, to me, is a total deal-breaker -- I couldn't live without my own husband. So maybe the old lady had good reason not to be very pleasant to anyone. And my mom? Absolute narcissist, to everyone, all the time -- she didn't know any other way to be. And no she wasn't evil, nor malicious, she was actually a pretty "good" person in most ways -- but everything had to be Joan's way, all the time, or everyone and anyone around her suffered for it. My stepfather knew it, he admitted as much to us after his heart attack, but he loved her, and more importantly, he had to LIVE WITH her, so he enabled her narcissism almost completely.

So maybe in your son's case, he's in love with her, and because he is, he has to live with her, so he turns a blind eye.

Andria

VU Sponsors