Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One place I worked in IT I worked with a Brit and Aussie and a Canadian.
I intentionally kept mixing them up as to who was from where just to give them a piss :)

all in fun among friends.

and I was the Hillbilly :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eh?

You could tell me from a Canadian if you heard me speak :)

Plus Canadians are smarter, we have Trump.
My apologies to the rest of the world for him btw.

Most here do not realize how he is perceived around the world.

no, really

texans, new yorkers, canadians, new jersey, pennsilvania, they all think they sound different, but the difference is too subtle

and yeah, trump mostly just gets laughed at here. He is looking less orange lately, must be white house fashion consultants?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Eh?

You could tell me from a Canadian if you heard me speak :)

Plus Canadians are smarter, we have Trump.
My apologies to the rest of the world for him btw.

Most here do not realize how he is perceived around the world.

Alaska enjoys blaming Canada for many of our social ills

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Popcorn shrimp, hush puppies and fries here. It was good! And there's still enough left for another couple of dinners.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is popcorn shrimp?

05bcbf20dc55c182aa1254d32acc39b1.jpg
d0cfd530c338227aee508325b567d3f8.jpg

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing I can eat at KFC is the chicken pot pie and the cole slaw. The chicken, cooked any way, sends me running to the bathroom quicker than ex lax.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only thing I can eat at KFC is the chicken pot pie and the cole slaw. The chicken, cooked any way, sends me running to the bathroom quicker than ex lax.
Your body is working just fine...it's trying to rid the cancer causing chicken......:wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for that. :)

My wife read recently that The Onion has to quit writing humor. Seems the Orange Emperor has made reality surreal beyond surreal causing humor as such to no longer be humor. We then had to try figuring out what an imploded onion is called, an on, ion, in, ono (Oh No).

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

I USED to like all their chicken, I still do....but wouldn't eat it again for all the tea in China.....:wave:
Nasty, force fed GMO birds......:kickbutt:

Nope, having worked for the company that supplied KFC with chicken I can soundly refute the chicken having been fed this GMO stuff. The chicken was instead fed corn meal. When we had chicken that had glowing stuff in its gizzards we were told it was glowing due to the induction of the lighting in the plant. But nah, no GMO stuff in their birds, nor in McDonald's chicken nuggets.

Of course, I'm aware corn is one of the most genetically modified organisms existing. :) Also got made aware a few months after having worked there, some were going up on the roof and siphoning out the ammonia used for freezing to make an improvised m*th cook lab right on the spot. Looking back upon my time working there I now quip, "gee no wonder I had a very bad attitude and feelings working there."

Yeah, don't get me started on chicken. I'll tell you like Mr, Rate tells Nick Memphis in Shooter, "still got the shovel." Everyone in my humble estimation needs to eat more plant based food, fresh organic grown and organic processed vegetables and fruits. Do not over cook any of it, if you boil it aside from turnips, you're over cooking for sure. It only needs warmed up not boiled, boiling kills nutrients. Been thinking for a few years now I might go on a green algae diet and skip everything else. Just not quite got there.

Last edited by a moderator:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of course, I'm aware corn is one of the most genetically modified organisms existing. :)

You bet it's the most genetically modified veggie....and you can also BET their fucking chickens are wolfing it down.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for that. :)

My wife read recently that The Onion has to quit writing humor. Seems the Orange Emperor has made reality surreal beyond surreal causing humor as such to no longer be humor. We then had to try figuring out what an imploded onion is called, an on, ion, in, ono (Oh No).

Nope, having worked for the company that supplied KFC with chicken I can soundly refute the chicken having been fed this GMO stuff. The chicken was instead fed corn meal. When we had chicken that had glowing stuff in its gizzards we were told it was glowing due to the induction of the lighting in the plant. But nah, no GMO stuff in their birds, nor in McDonald's chicken nuggets.

Of course, I'm aware corn is one of the most genetically modified organisms existing. :)
I was reading what the chicken nuggets are made with, if my memory serves me correct, the percentage of actual chicken was less than 20%, the remainder was filler, and other cancer causing garbage.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You bet it's the most genetically modified veggie....and you can also BET their fucking chickens are wolfing it down.

Oh, I know both things are factual and have know for quite some while. Notice I do say know. Granted the only proof I have is first hand anecdote. Had a U.S.D.A "Doc" tell me corn could addict any living creature. He also showed in part why. Went into the "Doc" office at the plant one night with him & he showed me videos of the lab where they kept refining corn via genetics. Sure it could have video from any lab doing anything. Saw no reason to doubt his word though.

I was reading what the chicken nuggets are made with, if my memory serves me correct, the percentage of actual chicken was less than 20%, the remainder was filler, and other cancer causing garbage.

Well if I were to guess, would say that the actual chicken content is closer to 10%. It comes from the "trim" meat off of breasts and breast tenders. Consider boneless breasts are selling for like $8 - $9 USD per pound and more in some places I'm sure. When I worked there we could get a nice discount via company store and get boneless breasts at around $6 per pound, got alleged 40 pound bags of chicken nuggets for about $10, they were always mis-weighed and were 50-55 pound bags in the boxes. No one cared about the off weights, it rang up as 40 pounds.

In hindsight I recall an episode of X-Files that had a story plot around the "bad guys" sending out corn oil for consumption. This corn oil had been injected with "alien" DNA or some such for the plot. Well, might be alien or not but sometimes folks need to realize what is real and what's made up "entertainment" can differ a bit with the real being a lot more scary. Can see now years later why no one cared. Lots still don't.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I prefer home made fried chicken. Its a ton of work but I usually cook 10 lbs at a time and that last 4 or 5 days for me.

Be careful where you get your chicks for your flock and let 'em grass feed or ground scratch. A little crack corn either cracked by you or someone you trust is okay as supplement but sparing. My grandma always ensured her chickens ate a lot of plantain.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all.. :wave: Up too early because it's my week to take the grandson to school. There's snow on the way here tonight and tomorrow. Guess I'd better stock up on milk and bread.:rolleyes: Beer too if I drank. :D I hope you all have a great day and don't forget to GFY. :)

VU Sponsors