Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Choppy, I don’t tootle. Wide open air, .3 ohms and 30W is my sweet spot. :)
Yep pretty much the same for me. A slightly restricted lung hit.

I been loving the Tobecco supertanks. Running 4 of them daily. 3 of them have .5 ohm coils that are perfect for me at around 48 watts. The one with the .2 ohm coil I had to jack up to 80 watts to get a decent flavor from it. All of them are wide open air :D At times I will be couch potato-ing it with the lights off watching TV and turn some lights on and its like a frickin bar room in here :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have mixed feelings on the drugs sucks part. I never had anything against anyone who wanted to catch a buzz and when I was much younger I stayed stoned. Now that I dont have to worry about passing a piss test anymore I dont mind getting stoned again either. Yet from what a niece was telling me the girl who OD'd got a hold of some h*roin with f*ntanyl in it. That shit kills and from what I am hearing it is a nationwide problem. A lot of the opioid problem is from h*roin and f*ntanyl, not just prescription pills. So yeah, that part of drugs does suck.

First off, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If you got extras I'm sure you know somebody with a need. :)

Never had any real problem with folks using the ****. It comes about as natural as it can, limiting what folks can do to it to make it dangerous. Yes, I know it can be made so. Also know you can tell if it is fairly easily and then avoid a batch, or not attain from that source again. Half if not more so of America wants it legal, lawful to use. Why not when it would cut out likely 50-80% of all other hard drug use? Oh that's right, the C.I.A needs folks on hard drugs to fund themselves, well there you are then. :)

Not sure still if our middle brother has come off m*th or not. Our families kind of have an unspoken, no news is good news or at least not anything terrible going on at the time. Makes me feel bad I missed that he got string out on that shit, worse feeling there's nothing I can do to help him get away from it. I'm the oldest and was given the boots of three grandfathers to fill, three households, I need to be a better standard. Thought I was doing good enough. But I also understand he is a grown man now as well, he made his own bed, so it's not all on me.

Speaking about news, think we all need some good news. I got some. :) Yesterday, me and wife ran around here around Rpley & Fairplain. I had to go see the physician's assistant to the psychologist. Real basic stuff that, look me over a few minutes over video conference see if the medications need changed. Fill another three months of scripts, tell me to return next season. While I was doing that, wife ran off and paid the water bill here, she then dashed over to the HUD apartment complex where we;re on the list.

Lady in the office took her in to see one of the places and give her some basic paperwork to do. She asked the wife to fetch a money order for a background check. We were surprised that at quarter til 4 she called wife and let her know we passed that, we could be bumped up to top spot and she would hold a place for us a little bit. So, it looks like we've gotten lined up to be moving out of the house with her family. Me and wife spoke a bit about leaving.

"I don't want you feeling like I'm forcing you away from them," I told her.

She laughed and smiled, "Who's forcing anything," she said.

She told me yesterday the best word to describe the apartment was "cozy". She wasn't using that in a negative manner, only observing. We'll make do, need to so there we go.

Well, I'm scooting on. I'm sure I got some of nothing to do today, later on. Waiting for her to wake and head to work. That way I can get stuff done. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First off, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If you got extras I'm sure you know somebody with a need. :)

She told me yesterday the best word to describe the apartment was "cozy". She wasn't using that in a negative manner, only observing. We'll make do, need to so there we go.

Well, I'm scooting on. I'm sure I got some of nothing to do today, later on. Waiting for her to wake and head to work. That way I can get stuff done. :)

So when's the big move?

Congrats!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Never had any real problem with folks using the ****. It comes about as natural as it can, limiting what folks can do to it to make it dangerous. Yes, I know it can be made so. Also know you can tell if it is fairly easily and then avoid a batch, or not attain from that source again. Half if not more so of America wants it legal, lawful to use. Why not when it would cut out likely 50-80% of all other hard drug use? Oh that's right, the C.I.A needs folks on hard drugs to fund themselves, well there you are then. :)

Not sure still if our middle brother has come off m*th or not. Our families kind of have an unspoken, no news is good news or at least not anything terrible going on at the time. Makes me feel bad I missed that he got string out on that shit, worse feeling there's nothing I can do to help him get away from it. I'm the oldest and was given the boots of three grandfathers to fill, three households, I need to be a better standard. Thought I was doing good enough. But I also understand he is a grown man now as well, he made his own bed, so it's not all on me.

Speaking about news, think we all need some good news. I got some. :) Yesterday, me and wife ran around here around Rpley & Fairplain. I had to go see the physician's assistant to the psychologist. Real basic stuff that, look me over a few minutes over video conference see if the medications need changed. Fill another three months of scripts, tell me to return next season. While I was doing that, wife ran off and paid the water bill here, she then dashed over to the HUD apartment complex where we;re on the list.

Lady in the office took her in to see one of the places and give her some basic paperwork to do. She asked the wife to fetch a money order for a background check. We were surprised that at quarter til 4 she called wife and let her know we passed that, we could be bumped up to top spot and she would hold a place for us a little bit. So, it looks like we've gotten lined up to be moving out of the house with her family. Me and wife spoke a bit about leaving.

"I don't want you feeling like I'm forcing you away from them," I told her.

She laughed and smiled, "Who's forcing anything," she said.

Huge grats on the pending move!!! Glad to see some good news going your way :D

With the brother, sorry to hear it bro. Couple things I learned thru the years. You cant hep a druggy, they are the only ones who can help themselves. They will tell you everything you want to hear. "I need help", "I cant help myself" , "I found God and things will be different", "If you just do this for me I will get clean". I heard them all and learned my lesson. No matter how much you help a druggy they will take advantage of you, steal from you while telling you what you want to hear. The whole time they are devoting all their energies to finding how to get high again. They have to want to get clean, not just say they want to.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Huge grats on the pending move!!! Glad to see some good news going your way :D

With the brother, sorry to hear it bro. Couple things I learned thru the years. You cant hep a druggy, they are the only ones who can help themselves. They will tell you everything you want to hear. "I need help", "I cant help myself" , "I found God and things will be different", "If you just do this for me I will get clean". I heard them all and learned my lesson. No matter how much you help a druggy they will take advantage of you, steal from you while telling you what you want to hear. The whole time they are devoting all their energies to finding how to get high again. They have to want to get clean, not just say they want to.

So very true. And the only real credibility is... time away from the substance. When I told my ex, 25 yrs ago, that I had finally gotten sober, he said "tell me again in a month." So I did... and also at a year, and every year since. He's happy for me, but he knew this truth too, from having been around that track with me a few times during our brief marriage.

And as hard as it is for non-addicted, co-dependents to realize... addicts do not have the right to drag others along with them. They caused the problem, and they are the only one who can clean it up. The best help you can give an addict is... take them to a 12 step meeting and push them out of the car. If they want to live, they'll go to the meeting. If they don't, they won't, or even if they go (the gov't is fond of forcing DUIers to attend AA), they won't listen, they won't benefit, and they won't recover.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So very true. And the only real credibility is... time away from the substance. When I told my ex, 25 yrs ago, that I had finally gotten sober, he said "tell me again in a month." So I did... and also at a year, and every year since. He's happy for me, but he knew this truth too, from having been around that track with me a few times during our brief marriage.

And as hard as it is for non-addicted, co-dependents to realize... addicts do not have the right to drag others along with them. They caused the problem, and they are the only one who can clean it up. The best help you can give an addict is... take them to a 12 step meeting and push them out of the car. If they want to live, they'll go to the meeting. If they don't, they won't, or even if they go (the gov't is fond of forcing DUIers to attend AA), they won't listen, they won't benefit, and they won't recover.

Andria
Amen!! When I got hooked on a substance years ago I could tell my parents all I wanted that I wanted to be clean. They could threaten me until the cows came home that I was going to get clean or else. The only thing that made me clean up my act was me. I checked myself into rehab, went through hell and back to get clean and made up my mind that never again would I go through that. When I got out I changed my entire life. I didn’t associate with former friends that I knew wanted nothing more than to hook me up again. That was 41 years ago and I haven’t looked back.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Amen!! When I got hooked on a substance years ago I could tell my parents all I wanted that I wanted to be clean. They could threaten me until the cows came home that I was going to get clean or else. The only thing that made me clean up my act was me. I checked myself into rehab, went through hell and back to get clean and made up my mind that never again would I go through that. When I got out I changed my entire life. I didn’t associate with former friends that I knew wanted nothing more than to hook me up again. That was 41 years ago and I haven’t looked back.

I think the same applies to smoking cessation, too; apparently it's pretty easy for some to quit (I did it myself once, for 3 months), but staying quit... there's the rub. That same ex, when I told him I'd quit via vaping, was very critical of the fact that I'm "still addicted to nicotine" (he's one who had drunk the ANTZ koolaid). But now that I've been smoke-free for over 3 yrs, he's a good deal more supportive of vaping as a means of quitting, seeing that it actually does work, even for those who had totally given up the idea of ever quitting.

Of course, once you've been a non-smoking vaper for a while, then you have to deal with ignorant comments like "So when are you going to quit THAT?" as if it's just a foregone conclusion that you MUST. Idiots.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So when's the big move?

Not exactly sure but we're suspecting once we get the paperwork finished, which my wife did last night, the lady at the office will be expecting us in fully by no later than mid December. :)

I heard them all and learned my lesson. No matter how much you help a druggy they will take advantage of you, steal from you while telling you what you want to hear. The whole time they are devoting all their energies to finding how to get high again. They have to want to get clean, not just say they want to.

Yep, heard the same and saw it too from alcoholics. Also knew two alcoholics which went thirty years without a drink. One hot Summer they had gone with some buddies to fish at Chesapeake Bay. One can of beer had got left in the cooler. These two guys each had one drink each from it, I finished the beer for them. Know too well it's a choice each has to choose and without much to help.

That's why I figure making the minimum stuff above board would help a lot of folks. I know lots that would be content to have that alone to use. If it goes above board that also eliminates a lot of violent and property crime as well. No, *smh* got to have that dastardly Nanny State @AndriaD loathes. *chuckles* Whew, everything is fine, all Charlie Foxtrot as it's supposed to be. *hug* We'll muddle on I'm sure. ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So, what is everyone's opinion on this:

Is the Sony VCT6 is worth the $1.50 more asking price over the old VCT4 - if you were mainly gonna use them for mechanical squonking at about .8 ohms at the lowest?

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So, what is everyone's opinion on this:

Is the Sony VCT6 is worth the $1.50 more asking price over the old VCT4 - if you were mainly gonna use them for mechanical squonking at about .8 ohms at the lowest?
Never used either. I bought 3 LG HG2’s from Liion Wholesale and like them so much I just bought 4 more :)
I have a great 4 bay Lii500 charger that shows they’re close to the 3000 mah capacity rating. With all those batteries I just ordered an LED flashlight from FT that takes an 18650 battery.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Never used either. I bought 3 LG HG2’s from Liion Wholesale and like them so much I just bought 4 more :)

I tried the LGs - and they function flawlessly. However, they are just a teeny smidge longer than the Sonys and the wraps tend to rip when inserting/removing from my tiny squonkers. That doesn't happen with Sony

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I tried the LGs - and they function flawlessly. However, they are just a teeny smidge longer than the Sonys and the wraps tend to rip when inserting/removing from my tiny squonkers. That doesn't happen with Sony
Ah I see, I have one Sony Vtc5, never compared to see if there is a slight difference in length, they all fit all do the mods I have.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My faves are the Samsung 30Q's... just love that 3000mAh! Considering that my amperage needs are in the 2 - 2.5A range, 15A is MORE!!!!!!!!! than sufficient. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reading in reverse so I don't get confused by where we're going. :)

Ah. "Sooooo you Fu Gunk, it better than Leaping Dolphin Fu Gunk, you say." *mouth continues flapping a moment* "Ha! but you Fu Gunk it no match for B Movie Fu Gunk Fu." *Again mouth flaps, reverberating the words*

I would 'hit that" if you've found a good reason, and it seems you have at that. Now I will likely switch to Sony batteries as well. Have noted similar experience as you regarding the wrapping. For me at least this does not appear an issue, although pondering it, maybe it does.

By the way, ... "Tag you're it, no tag backs and i move the little hotel on Park avenue to St. Charles place, got two aces and my little red checker needs kinged. I almost got that last field goal but the penguin got in the way of the wicket." Calvin Ball rules. :devil::crazy::)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Friday's don't mean shit to me since I have to work every Saturday. Same with Wednesday being hump day. But I'm grateful that I'm not working 7 day weeks every week right now. :giggle:
Yep when I worked at lowes I got 1 Saturday and one Sunday off per month and never together.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Friday's don't mean shit to me since I have to work every Saturday. Same with Wednesday being hump day. But I'm grateful that I'm not working 7 day weeks every week right now. :giggle:

Being a housewife, one day is pretty much the same as any other, to me -- the only different days are paydays, when I have to get up earlier so I can be ready to go out and about at my husband's lunch, so I can get the $$ into the bank and pay bills. And weekends just means I have both husband and son underfoot, most of the time, which is nice... for about an hour, then I wish they'd both go away and leave me alone. :giggle:

Andria

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haku on Stab Sqounker even found a kind of matchy resin tip
Narda on VT inbox,
Both 24g SS
286404e6bde18e485ebf116a327850fc.jpg
bee811663768ccc7d52f3d223b0fa246.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
23476139_10208240677933734_425088509_n.jpg 23476459_10208240678093738_211463076_n.jpg 23476986_10208240678013736_1459190995_n.jpg 23513595_10208240678133739_338874983_n.jpg 23476139_10208240677933734_425088509_n.jpg 23476459_10208240678093738_211463076_n.jpg 23476986_10208240678013736_1459190995_n.jpg 23513595_10208240678133739_338874983_n.jpg

SS 316 28 awg *2 core 28 awg SS 316 wrap Fused Clapton hitting ~0.35 - 0.40Ω.

Today was a run around day. Got therapist to to give my dog a "draft" letter. He can now be called a service animal. Also got a clear diagnoses put to paper. I finally allowed and admitted the professionals were correct, got P.T.S.D. Need a sleep study done too.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 96404 View attachment 96405 View attachment 96406 View attachment 96407 View attachment 96404 View attachment 96405 View attachment 96406 View attachment 96407

Today was a run around day. Got therapist to to give my dog a "draft" letter. He can now be called a service animal. Also got a clear diagnoses put to paper. I finally allowed and admitted the professionals were correct, got P.T.S.D. Need a sleep study done too.

21 yrs after the almost-fire-in-a-mobile-home that caused my PTSD, I STILL go into hyperalert at the slightest whiff of smoke -- couple weeks ago I was boiling one of my attys, and the stainless pan boiled dry... I caught a whiff of that "hot metal" scent, and damn near gave myself whiplash, I sprang to DANGER WILL ROBINSON! status so abruptly. My son said it was like watching a marionette, the way I jerked and jumped. :facepalm:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 96404 View attachment 96405 View attachment 96406 View attachment 96407 View attachment 96404 View attachment 96405 View attachment 96406 View attachment 96407

I cheated on both my sleep studies lol

Thank god for valiums!!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
21 yrs after the almost-fire-in-a-mobile-home that caused my PTSD, I STILL go into hyperalert at the slightest whiff of smoke -- couple weeks ago I was boiling one of my attys, and the stainless pan boiled dry... I caught a whiff of that "hot metal" scent, and damn near gave myself whiplash, I sprang to DANGER WILL ROBINSON! status so abruptly. My son said it was like watching a marionette, the way I jerked and jumped. :facepalm:

Andria

Boisterous people who move erratically, folks who get an odd angle off to the side and back of me (my kill zone, as in I literally get a feeling of needing to reach out and kill someone) lend themselves stress bringers to me. I kind of appreciate the Japanese culture's "no big movements" arms going only as high as natural elbow height and using only forearm length a loci of movement. Don't waste moving, keep moving fluid and balanced. If my dog mistrusts you then I do as well and that sets me on edge.

A lot of this lies in surviving abuse from my step-dad. I never chose being a victim. He forced that on me.

Scared my younger brother once. He had a string of black jack firecrackers. I was asleep, dead to the world, in the bottom bunk. He though he'd be smart and light the firecrackers, toss them under my bunk and run. I was on him before he even got the match lit, had him hanging in my cupped hand with his back to the wall. He ran alright, right by my mom out of the house. He still gets scared to look me in the eyes after that.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No sleep studies for me.
I would not sleep.
Have enough trouble sleeping when my tiny universe is securely in it's groove.

Likewise -- I have enough trouble when I'm in my own comfy bed, with 3-4 dramamines, 3-4 Leg Cramp PM pills, and a cup of hot cocoa made with warm milk beforehand, and a white-noise fan running. In any other situation, sleep would require a serious pharmaceutical barbiturate... or sodium pentothal, maybe.

My husband of course fell right to sleep, as he once did while standing at attention in USMC basic training. The doc said, "did you know, you move about 20 times per hour?" My husband nodded and said, "yeah that's about right, my wife says I move every 3 minutes by the clock." Hence why we stopped sharing a bedroom about 8-9 yrs ago.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boisterous people who move erratically, folks who get an odd angle off to the side and back of me (my kill zone, as in I literally get a feeling of needing to reach out and kill someone) lend themselves stress bringers to me. I kind of appreciate the Japanese culture's "no big movements" arms going only as high as natural elbow height and using only forearm length a loci of movement. Don't waste moving, keep moving fluid and balanced. If my dog mistrusts you then I do as well and that sets me on edge.

A lot of this lies in surviving abuse from my step-dad. I never chose being a victim. He forced that on me.

Scared my younger brother once. He had a string of black jack firecrackers. I was asleep, dead to the world, in the bottom bunk. He though he'd be smart and light the firecrackers, toss them under my bunk and run. I was on him before he even got the match lit, had him hanging in my cupped hand with his back to the wall. He ran alright, right by my mom out of the house. He still gets scared to look me in the eyes after that.

Yes, I've had quite a few "traumatic" incidents, including a drunk abusive mom and drunk abusive boyfriend at one point, then that almost-fire, and another that was actually a small fire that I was able to put out before it did more than destroy my Ann Rice box set and the finish on my husband's desk -- fortunately one of the casualties was also a big bottle of bath powder, which nearly put the fire out... before it could reach the bottle of acetone nail polish remover and take out the whole aprtmt bldg. Apparently all that trauma actually rewires your brain, and greatly enlarges the amygdala, the fear center of the brain. I guess! I know I will never again have any lighted candles in my house, unless there's a blackout and every fucking flashlight in the house (about half a dozen, and 2 cellphones!) is dead.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sleep studies are a major pain in the ass! Trust me, I know. I done two of them. One to diagnose if I had sleep apnea or not and one to fit me with a machine. Yall know what, I am glad that I did them. While doing them I thought it was nothing but horse shit and just a way to milk my insurance but now I know how badly I needed it.
Before I got a CPAC machine I cant tell yall how many times the GF found me sound asleep on the can. I would wake up and go to the bathroom and fall asleep there. Also many times she caught me sitting on the couch rocking back and forth sleeping like that and a few times when she wasnt here I have woke up as I am crashing into the coffee table. I had no idea that was the problem or I even had a problem. My cardiologist says I have thick heart disease and that is partially from sleep apnea so yeah, it could have killed me eventually.
Even after the study was done I still didnt believe I had a problem. I had no choice but to wear the machine when I got one because I had to log so many hours a week of usage or my insurance would not pay for it and then disability would find out and use that as a reason to deny my claim saying I would not follow doctors orders so I was forced to use it. Then one day I woke up and was like oh fuck, I forgot to wear the mask and felt tired and like shit all day, then it happened again with same results. Now I wear the mask all the time and its been a long time since I fell asleep on the porcelain throne or was rocking asleep on the edge of the couch and when I wake up in the morning, I actually feel rested now. Yes, doing the study really really sucks, but it could end up saving your life so if a doc tell you to do it, then do it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing to add, if you do have to do a sleep study make damn sure they get approval from your insurance before doing the sleep study. If you dont the insurance company will not pay for it. I had that happen. The place doing the study has to contact your insurance and get it pre approved or they will not pay. Once its approved take a couple Xanax or valiums with ya. :D

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all! GFY and all that shit! :) Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go later. It's COLD so I don't want to leave the house though but I must. I've already been out twice this morning so a couple more times won't hurt me I guess. I was a bad kitty mama this morning. :( I knew yesterday that the cats didn't have any food but totally forgot until this morning when I had 6 cats all yelling FEED ME!! :wait:After a trip to TSC, they're all happy(and quiet) now. :giggle:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cats must be fed.

Why like with vaping I have backup cat fud.
Yes they do. They can make life a living hell if you don't. The good thing was I only have 3 inside, the other 3 are outside BUT I could hear the feed me meows inside because they are all standing at the front door. I'll never buy 13lb bags of cat food again. It was a waste of money.

VU Sponsors