Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Happy 4th of July fugees!!
I've been off since 8:00 last Friday. Been busy though getting my pigsty I mean house cleaned out and back in order. Now...I'm getting shit that my daughter left behind when she moved out last April. She informed me on Saturday that she's moving back in. :eek: Ummm.....I think not. This will be the 4th time she's moved back in and to be honest, I'm tired of rearranging my life to accommodate her. :cuss2:

My parents had a swinging door for a while, a couple or three times anyway. After that, I got married, and they figured I was no longer their problem. :D My husband's always said that they liked him so well because he kept me, and they didn't have to. :D

This will be our son's second return, but that's ok; he's welcome here forever as far as we're concerned -- he's my best "book club"! :D And an in-house comedian and piano player, that's hard to beat. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My youngest came back home twice - and I liked it, though she was unhappy about it the second time

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My parents had a swinging door for a while, a couple or three times anyway. After that, I got married, and they figured I was no longer their problem. :D My husband's always said that they liked him so well because he kept me, and they didn't have to. :D

This will be our son's second return, but that's ok; he's welcome here forever as far as we're concerned -- he's my best "book club"! :D And an in-house comedian and piano player, that's hard to beat. :giggle:

Andria
My youngest came back home twice - and I liked it, though she was unhappy about it the second time
It's not that I don't want her to move back in its more of everything has to be rearranged. I have a 2 bedroom house. Her and Colton shared a room until she had Noah, then her and her baby daddy moved in together. That didn't work out so she moved back home. It was ok then because of working different shifts, we were only there together for a few hours and everyone was sleeping. Then she moved in with a boyfriend. Didn't work out, moved back and her, Noah and I shared a room. She moved in with a work friend a year ago. Now, when she moves back, we're on almost the same schedule and will have to share a room. Another problem is she thinks she's not supposed to chip in with the bills, nor help out around the house. I'm not the bank nor a maid and this is not a hotel.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another problem is she thinks she's not supposed to chip in with the bills, nor help out around the house. I'm not the bank nor a maid and this is not a hotel.

Yeah, that would totally not get it. Our son is aware that within a reasonable amount of time, he's expected to be a *contributing* part of the household; he'll be going to school, so only working part-time, but at the very least, he has to contribute to the food budget and pay his share of the auto insurance -- at least until he gets his own.

I told him I could carry him for a year or so on vaping, which amazed him... then I showed him my nic stash in the freezer -- which flabbergasted him. :giggle: But it's worth it to me, to keep him from smoking; 1) I care about his health, he's had bronchitis most of his life, and 2) we don't want to smell stale smoke on him, in the house. But he seems to be taking to vaping like a *champ* -- he says he doesn't even think of smoking, now that he's vaping. :)

But having in-house entertainment really is a great feature; I'm currently listening to him remembering how to play the Moonlight Sonata. The piano isn't as badly out of tune as I feared it would be.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's not that I don't want her to move back in its more of everything has to be rearranged. I have a 2 bedroom house. Her and Colton shared a room until she had Noah, then her and her baby daddy moved in together. That didn't work out so she moved back home. It was ok then because of working different shifts, we were only there together for a few hours and everyone was sleeping. Then she moved in with a boyfriend. Didn't work out, moved back and her, Noah and I shared a room. She moved in with a work friend a year ago. Now, when she moves back, we're on almost the same schedule and will have to share a room. Another problem is she thinks she's not supposed to chip in with the bills, nor help out around the house. I'm not the bank nor a maid and this is not a hotel.

Now that would drive me bat shit crazy - sounds like you need to lay down the law before she moves back in

Kinda hard though, with grandkids involved, etc

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I told y'all that rednecks around here get drunk and shoot guns in the air for the 4th.

LEE COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A Fourth of July outing on the river took a painful turn for a woman Lee County woman.

Debbie Dunaway and her husband were on their boat in the river on Tuesday night watching fireworks when suddenly she felt a sting on the back of her head. At first, Dunaway thought it was a bug bite, but then her husband noticed blood.

"I thought I had been hit by the fireworks. But it felt like somebody had took a big hammer and hit me as hard as they could in the back of the head. And the knot came out instantly," Dunaway said.

The couple soon realized Dunaway had been shot.

She stayed calm and went to a local hospital before they transferred her to the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington. Doctors there removed the bullet, believed to have come from a rifle. They told Dunaway if she had been hit somewhere else on her head, she might have died.

Now Dunaway is urging folks to use caution with firearms and pay attention to where you're shooting before pulling the trigger.

Authorities do not know who is responsible for firing the bullet. Based on the way the bullet is curved, Debbie's husband believed it ricocheted before hitting her.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We had a moron from out of town take a shot at a grizzly bear in a crowded camp full of children - nicked it but didn't kill it

Now we have a wounded brown bear wandering around :eek:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You just can't fix stupid.

Maybe the wounded bear will though :giggle:

Just heard the coasties and state troopers rescued a couple of "prospectors" who ran out of food yesterday out around Gold Creek - they were only out there ONE WEEK :facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe the wounded bear will though :giggle:

Just heard the coasties and state troopers rescued a couple of "prospectors" who ran out of food yesterday out around Gold Creek - they were only out there ONE WEEK :facepalm:
Would have been better for the gene pool to let them starve.

I have to wonder if they were survivalist types from the lower 48?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that would drive me bat shit crazy - sounds like you need to lay down the law before she moves back in

Kinda hard though, with grandkids involved, etc
Yep! That grandson will never be homeless as long as I'm alive. Regardless of what I have to do. He's here tonight and told me that the girl who owns the house they're living in said they had to move out because the house wasn't big enough since she has a baby on the way. Wtf?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yep! That grandson will never be homeless as long as I'm alive. Regardless of what I have to do. He's here tonight and told me that the girl who owns the house they're living in said they had to move out because the house wasn't big enough since she has a baby on the way. Wtf?

Who has a baby on the way?!?

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might as well get ready for another Grandchild.....
Bob, I don't think so! Right now the guy she's seeing has 2 girls of his own and has said that he's not interested in having more at this time so she's out of luck there. :) I really hope she thinks things through and is more settled before thinking of having more.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bob, I don't think so! Right now the guy she's seeing has 2 girls of his own and has said that he's not interested in having more at this time so she's out of luck there. :) I really hope she thinks things through and is more settled before thinking of having more.
Hope you are right.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

And maybe, um, like, MARRIED??? :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' Looooooooosee. :D How's every little thing?

And the rest of yas... GFY! :) Merrily!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' Looooooooosee. :D How's every little thing?

And the rest of yas... GFY! :) Merrily!

Andria

I'm insulted!

Excluding me from the morning GFY :giggle::giggle::giggle:

(just teasing of course!)

How is GA this a.m.? or about afternoon I guess

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm insulted!

Excluding me from the morning GFY :giggle::giggle::giggle:

(just teasing of course!)

How is GA this a.m.? or about afternoon I guess

Hot. :giggle: I wasn't really excluding you -- just giving you your own greeting since you were the only one who said good morning. ;)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just did a rush mow job on the front lawn before the next wave of flood gets here.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good afternoon everyone!
Babysitting the hard headed grandson this afternoon. Think anyone would care if I take a shot or 3 of tequila? It's all I've got and he's seriously gotten on my last nerve! His mama warned me that he has gotten to the place that he doesn't listen to anything. I didn't believe her then but I do now!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon everyone!
Babysitting the hard headed grandson this afternoon. Think anyone would care if I take a shot or 3 of tequila? It's all I've got and he's seriously gotten on my last nerve! His mama warned me that he has gotten to the place that he doesn't listen to anything. I didn't believe her then but I do now!

How old is he?

Andria

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone, I haven't dropped by in awhile, just thought I'd stop in and say hey y'all, GFY!

Good afternoon everyone!

Hey! Fancy seeing you back over here on the Dark Side Lady Lynn.
As for the tequila, I say :drunk:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone, I haven't dropped by in awhile, just thought I'd stop in and say hey y'all, GFY!

Hey! Fancy seeing you back over here on the Dark Side Lady Lynn.
As for the tequila, I say :drunk:
Yep! I missed Andria, Bob and Lucy. Besides, ECF has gotten boring with everyone trying to one up everyone else with all the latest and greatest. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I told y'all that rednecks around here get drunk and shoot guns in the air for the 4th.

Pretty rough someone gets hurt by stray rounds flying in celebration. Good reason to keep out of towns and out in the hills. Lot less chance of hurting folks. Probably more I could say but probably the better I not.

Suffice, I agree, you can not fix stupid.

We had a moron from out of town take a shot at a grizzly bear in a crowded camp full of children - nicked it but didn't kill it

*shaking my head* Takes all kinds of stupid, you got to figure.

Apologies if I am of a terse seeming posts of late. I'm dealing with some mild to moderate mental health issues. My therapist is no longer available so it has to be self therapy. I feel my standard "could be", as in could be better, could be worse. As such I'm a bit befuddled and a little more quiet than usual.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning fugees! GFY!

I'm a glutton for punishment as I have the grandson again today. :rolleyes: With working 2nd shift, I only see him every 2 weeks on Saturdays for a couple of hours so since I'm on vacation this week I decided that he's more important. Hardheadedness and all! :giggle:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing from a comment that was made I have ulterior motives for posting here. :eek:
:confused: Did I miss something? Who said what so I can give 'em a piece of my mind?
Not that I have much to spare, but I'll give 'em a piece of it anyway. We all luvs ya!:blowkiss:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey Lucy :wave:

I'm guessing from a comment that was made I have ulterior motives for posting here. :eek: Guess I need to leave the familiar vaping forums and go to one where I don't know anyone. ;)

Screw that - you can always chat here

And everyone: Have a happy TGIGFYF

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Get out your chains and lead pipes----the Fugees are on the prowl and looking for trouble!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey Lucy :wave:

I'm guessing from a comment that was made I have ulterior motives for posting here. :eek: Guess I need to leave the familiar vaping forums and go to one where I don't know anyone. ;)

I figure your ulterior motive is, you vape, and here, you can say pretty much whatever you want that's legal... unlike at ECF. :D

I would pay no mind to juvenile feces stirrers. ;) Except maybe for a laugh. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors