Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just don't understand how all the pain I am having is from emphysema.

It sounds like either a) a bronchial infection (bronchitis) which can be quite painful. Or, possibly b) strained intracostal muscles, those ones between the ribs; they hurt like a bastard when you cough too hard. I had that real bad in my back and sides, when I had that godawful flu, because the cough was so compulsive and violent, at first. (ETA: or C, inflammation, which can be really painful -- are you taking any inhaled steroids like advair or symbicort? You shouild be!)

Go to the hospital, please. We don't want any bad news from TX.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. That is very sweet. What I meant to say is I was trying not to cry and I didn't. Thanks

I have that problem when the leg cramps are real bad -- sometimes it hurts so much and deprives me of sleep so much that I just wanna cry, but I know that crying would just dehydrate me more, and make it even worse. :headbang:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I meant, you just don't wake one day and have emphysema....something doesn't sound right....and like Doc said, in one lung?....doesn't add up....but I'm certainly not a medical professional (I mean drug pusher)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been having problems for a few years now. But recently I've been getting sick about every 3 months now. I quit smoking because of the bad pain in my lung almost 3 years ago. I felt better for about a year-and-a-half and it now it's getting bad again. I was lucky enough to have a Xanax and some painkillers so I made it through the night.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had the costochondritis before and yes it is very painful and lasts a few months. This is not it. It's in a different location.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually wanted to go to the hospital on Tuesday but my brother-in-law took me to his doctor. That's where they did the lung X-ray and gave me steroids. Again no antibiotics. No one will give you any biotics here anymore.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just took my temperature and no longer have fever. But I am still in pain. I will see how I feel in a couple of hours. I just hate going to any hospital around here because it's at least a 3 to 5 hour wait.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So very much I appreciate you guys. It's very difficult to talk to family about things like this because they freak out and they think you're going to die. My brother-in-law started contacting people. So then I spend a couple of hours telling people but I will be around a lot longer to still bug the hell out of them.
And now my sister is contacting me every several hours asking me if I'm still vaping. Barely but what the heck. It was hard enough to quit smoking and I finally have something I enjoy. But I guess I will have to give that up too.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So very much I appreciate you guys. It's very difficult to talk to family about things like this because they freak out and they think you're going to die. My brother-in-law started contacting people. So then I spend a couple of hours telling people but I will be around a lot longer to still bug the hell out of them.
And now my sister is contacting me every several hours asking me if I'm still vaping. Barely but what the heck. It was hard enough to quit smoking and I finally have something I enjoy. But I guess I will have to give that up too.

You have to give up vaping why? I hear that crap all the time. "your lungs are fucked and your putting that poison in them". Fuck'em I say. Vape away Atchaffy :p

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

:hug: Hang in there Atcha - very worried about you

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The reason that I ask if you have recently changed ejuice is that several flavorings and such will make my lungs hurt.
As a matter of fact, I stayed an extra day in Ft Worth and went to a vape shop (for the first time) and they sold me some Beard Salt juice. Extremely flavored. It was all I had for 2 days and I got sick right after.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
As a matter of fact, I stayed an extra day in Ft Worth and went to a vape shop (for the first time) and they sold me some Beard Salt juice. Extremely flavored. It was all I had for 2 days and I got sick right after.

There could be wisdom to this - - -

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I vape juice that makes my lungs hurt it takes a few days to clear up.
it usually irritates my throat as well.

I DIY Hypoallergenic ejuice.
Well hypoallergenic for me anyway.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I vape juice that makes my lungs hurt it takes a few days to clear up.
it usually irritates my throat as well.

I DIY Hypoallergenic ejuice.
Well hypoallergenic for me anyway.
The last time I Vape that was on Saturday and today is Thursday and I'm still in a lot of pain. I'm also wheezing and I am very pale and weak. But I do not have any fever thank goodness anymore. I keep checking it because if it goes up to 100 I'm going to the hospital

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I doubt that helped even if it wasn't the cause
That wekkend, Ft Worth had an air quality warning as well. Maybe it was just all of the combined things. I do have emphysema though. According to the x-ray. It was probably exacerbated from the new juice and air quality.
I just had a hacking attack and feel a little better. Strange............

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
also, sorry for the spelling/vocab.........don't feel good

And your fugee buds are very worried about you, especially since pain isn't usually a symptom of emphysema, unless there's a really extreme inflammation going on. But seriously, if you have trouble *breathing*... GO TO THE HOSPITAL! THEY HAVE OXYGEN AND GOOD DRUGS! ;) The ones that will get rid of the inflammation and get you out of pain!

I don't have insurance, as you know... but when there's a life-threatening situation, you just have to bite the bullet and go to the ER. Difficulty breathing is right up there with uncontrollable bleeding as far as being life-threatening. It's also horribly exhausting, because it keeps your central nervous system in high alert, releasing tons of cortisol, which just makes you feel even more panicky and short of breath -- vicious cycle!!

:hug:

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The last time I went to the hospital I was charged $7,000 I just don't know what to do

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am still in pain. I am able to get up and walk though. But I cannot eat because I won't be able to breathe very well. I'm just terrified of more bills since my son won't pay the student loan. Plus I am out of sick days at work and I am just sitting and wheezing at my desk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The last time I went to the hospital I was charged $7,000 I just don't know what to do

Only $7,000? Piece of cake. the hospital would have charged me $25,000 for outpatient surgery, if not for my "charity" status (no job, no insurance), so it became $998 instead. Surgeon STILL charged me $3200, and made a big deal about knocking a whopping $900 off the bill, asshats. Still paying that, but hey, I survived a ruptured appendix thx to her, so I'll take it.

Money is irrelevant to the dead. If you'd like to continue living in order to worry about money, GO TO THE HOSPITAL!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you become hypoxic enough so that you pass out, your co-workers will call 911, and then you'll have to pay THAT, too. Much cheaper to take yourself there before that happens!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Okay I just called the doctor that saw me Tuesday and he's calling me back to tell me what to do

You know what to do. Go to the hospital. If you broke a bone or got a bad cut or laceration that wouldn't stop bleeding, you know you'd go. Breathing is in the same category, if not even MORE crucial to the continuance of life.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know what to do. Go to the hospital. If you broke a bone or got a bad cut or laceration that wouldn't stop bleeding, you know you'd go. Breathing is in the same category, if not even MORE crucial to the continuance of life.

Andria
I called them and the wait is 2 hours in the emergency room. I will head there and wait there for the doctor to call. That way if I pass out, I'm there. I waited 4 hours for a broken arm.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I called them and the wait is 2 hours in the emergency room. I will head there and wait there for the doctor to call. That way if I pass out, I'm there. I waited 4 hours for a broken arm.

They generally try to expedite any breathing-issue patients, just because breathing is so absolutely crucial to life, and it's really easy for a lack of oxygen to render a person brain-damaged if not dead.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They generally try to expedite any breathing-issue patients, just because breathing is so absolutely crucial to life, and it's really easy for a lack of oxygen to render a person brain-damaged if not dead.

Andria
I told her I couldn't breathe well. 2 hours she said

VU Sponsors