Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
THANK YOU! I'm going to order one of those Strike 18's, but a) side air, so it may not suit (I don't mind spending <$7 to find out), and b) it's FT, so god only know when it will actually get here.

Andria
FT is doing better now, figure 10 to 14 days IF it’s in stock. If it says X days to arrival, add those days to the aforementioned time.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FT is doing better now, figure 10 to 14 days IF it’s in stock. If it says X days to arrival, add those days to the aforementioned time.

It was very prompt -- I think it was 2 wks from the time it was shipped, to arrival -- really not bad at all. :) And the Strike18 actually turned out to be quite a decent little vape. :)

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like FT but last time, my cf4 (internal batts) were denied by US customs. :(
Spent yesterday re-building KODI on my raspberry pi. Man, lots of changes but I was finally able to watch some movies........:zombie:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Atcha!! Good morning to anyone else around! :wave:

Off work today means tons to do. Tackling the yellow jackets at dark. :blech: Since they will be sleeping those bitches ain't going to know what hit 'em! :giggle: First up after finishing my coffee is cleaning out the car. What a pigsty that thing is. :teehee:

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Howdy all just passing through
old-truck-rocking-down-road-animated_car_17.gif
Hope everyone is doing good.

And may i say affectionately,

200.webp

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon and GFY, thought I posted this earlier today

Mixed some juice up yesterday. 240 ml of unicorn milk and 240 ml of vanilla for pipe ready to go. They both had a couple hours in a hot ultra sonic bath with vigorous shaking every 30 minute. Now If they can go a couple days before I need to start using them they should be blended nicely.

Wet rainy day today. Sucks for me but Rascal loves it. Means he gets to fight the towel every time he goes out. He loves it when I throw the towel over his head and give him noogies while he snarls and growls and tries to get me thru the towel. The whole time beating the hell out of me with that tail of his.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon and GFY, thought I posted this earlier today

Mixed some juice up yesterday. 240 ml of unicorn milk and 240 ml of vanilla for pipe ready to go. They both had a couple hours in a hot ultra sonic bath with vigorous shaking every 30 minute. Now If they can go a couple days before I need to start using them they should be blended nicely.

Wet rainy day today. Sucks for me but Rascal loves it. Means he gets to fight the towel every time he goes out. He loves it when I throw the towel over his head and give him noogies while he snarls and growls and tries to get me thru the towel. The whole time beating the hell out of me with that tail of his.

ROFL. I know how much tuxie hates being wet because she will actually tolerate the towel-over-the-head treatment long enough so she's not dripping... at that point, she becomes mortally offended at such treatment, and scampers away like her ass is on fire, to stare balefully while she licks herself all over. :giggle: Cats are so funny. :giggle:

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sprayed the place where the yellow jackets were going in and out on the outside of the house. Wrong move....they swarmed into the house. The kitchen to be exact. Colton and I have killed about 15 in the kitchen in the last hour and a half. These suckers are big too! I went to Food Lion and bought 2 more cans of wasp and hornet spray. When we didn't see anymore flying around I went to the sink and sprayed almost 1 whole can behind it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OHH noes!
Just did the math and that is a bit under a 6 month supply!

Hoping for Black Friday PG/VG sales.

At current costs a years supply costs me as much as a carton of smokes!

I always get my PG/VG from Amazon, for that free Prime shipping... with heavy shit like that, it's really worth it!!!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yes I will likely get another Essential Depot PG/VG 2 gal package and an extra liter of PG from Amazon unless Essential Depot themselves come up with a better deal.

My son gave me the giggles the other day...

Son: "Mom! We need more PG! We're almost out!"

Me: "Did you happen to notice that 3/4ths full GALLON of PG right behind you?"

Son: "Oh. NEVERMIND!"

:giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning Fugees

Quick question: WTF is this shit?!?!
View attachment 94694

That shit is of the cold, wet, white variety known as snow-shit not to be confused with no shit. Snow-shit can bring wisdom, after all, if you get to snow-shit then you got shit to say when someone asks if know shit, yes you do. :) All sorts of uses, kinds of shit you never knew existed.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

This afternoon and evening were a bit odd for me & the dogs. First of all, our little Patterdale Terrier, Shrek kept looking out in the hallway and then running back and getting under my desk. It turned out he was frightened because her BIL's sister was here with her 13 yr old boy and he was playing with the 13 yr old nephew. Not quite sure why that frightened him, got a bit of suspicion but I'll digress as I cannot say for sure.

Then, went down to put the bigger kids in their hut. Sherlock had decided upon staying under the hut. He too apparently had gotten a bit scared. Worse yet I think he senses that the bigger kids are going to be farmed out soon. That will be hardest on him, especially if he is split from either of the other two. He's fine with Hammy, or fine with Grouchy. I think if someone takes him in hand right, he'd be fine on his own but he needs that done right. The other two, give them some belly rubs and they don't much care. *chuckles*

It would be a lie to say I'm alright in letting go. Bothers me that Sherlock has a sense of that. Been trying hard to not crumble, keep cheerful. Shrek will be able to come with us. If someone wants to say he's not allowed in the apartment, my therapist has told me she'll write him up a letter for being a service animal. She's not wrong either, I need a nose that smells and a good buddy like that. :)

Been splitting up a bunch of firewood, poplar, oaks, some walnut, sycamore. FIL got long timbers brought in they're cutting to size with chainsaws. Guy told him he wanted at least half the money he'd put in to get it. FIL said he's going to give him the full $250 because it is two truckloads of good timber, seasoned out nice for firewood. Keep going at it, little at a time, running slow. :) :hug: You run 'er slow too bud. I know, any slower you might as well go lay in the clay cradle. *nodding* Feel that myself at times. I think of those that love me and them wanting, needing me around longer. Going slower gets me there the same as going faster.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I buy my pg from Tractor Supply. I've bought it from there ever since I started DIY. It must be ok since I'm still alive. :giggle:

I looked a few times and never could find PG or VG in Tractor supply. I use so little PG that a quart would last me a year so finding it local would be good but so far no luck.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ROFL. I know how much tuxie hates being wet because she will actually tolerate the towel-over-the-head treatment long enough so she's not dripping... at that point, she becomes mortally offended at such treatment, and scampers away like her ass is on fire, to stare balefully while she licks herself all over. :giggle: Cats are so funny. :giggle:

Andria

Rascal is a typical little boy. Mention the word bath and he leaves the area quick yet a mud puddle in the yard and he will run full speed thru it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This afternoon and evening were a bit odd for me & the dogs. First of all, our little Patterdale Terrier, Shrek kept looking out in the hallway and then running back and getting under my desk. It turned out he was frightened because her BIL's sister was here with her 13 yr old boy and he was playing with the 13 yr old nephew. Not quite sure why that frightened him, got a bit of suspicion but I'll digress as I cannot say for sure.

Then, went down to put the bigger kids in their hut. Sherlock had decided upon staying under the hut. He too apparently had gotten a bit scared. Worse yet I think he senses that the bigger kids are going to be farmed out soon. That will be hardest on him, especially if he is split from either of the other two. He's fine with Hammy, or fine with Grouchy. I think if someone takes him in hand right, he'd be fine on his own but he needs that done right. The other two, give them some belly rubs and they don't much care. *chuckles*

It would be a lie to say I'm alright in letting go. Bothers me that Sherlock has a sense of that. Been trying hard to not crumble, keep cheerful. Shrek will be able to come with us. If someone wants to say he's not allowed in the apartment, my therapist has told me she'll write him up a letter for being a service animal. She's not wrong either, I need a nose that smells and a good buddy like that. :)

Been splitting up a bunch of firewood, poplar, oaks, some walnut, sycamore. FIL got long timbers brought in they're cutting to size with chainsaws. Guy told him he wanted at least half the money he'd put in to get it. FIL said he's going to give him the full $250 because it is two truckloads of good timber, seasoned out nice for firewood. Keep going at it, little at a time, running slow. :) :hug: You run 'er slow too bud. I know, any slower you might as well go lay in the clay cradle. *nodding* Feel that myself at times. I think of those that love me and them wanting, needing me around longer. Going slower gets me there the same as going faster.

Cant like that bro. Know you have no choice and it suxs. My heart goes out to you on having to give your kids away.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I sprayed the place where the yellow jackets were going in and out on the outside of the house. Wrong move....they swarmed into the house. The kitchen to be exact. Colton and I have killed about 15 in the kitchen in the last hour and a half. These suckers are big too! I went to Food Lion and bought 2 more cans of wasp and hornet spray. When we didn't see anymore flying around I went to the sink and sprayed almost 1 whole can behind it.
Omg that's awful! I hope they're all gone now.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like FT but last time, my cf4 (internal batts) were denied by US customs. :(
Spent yesterday re-building KODI on my raspberry pi. Man, lots of changes but I was finally able to watch some movies........:zombie:
Oh yeah, a couple years ago I ordered some istick 30s with internal batteries, they got rejected in customs so fT shipped through some other country and it took almost 6 weeks to get here. I ordered a multimeter with a 9 volt battery and it took 4 weeks lol. So I avoid anything with batteries from FT now. I don’t know what kodi is haha

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cant like that bro. Know you have no choice and it suxs. My heart goes out to you on having to give your kids away.

That is it exactly. No choice to it. Did put my foot down with the wife about apartment living. Barring everything going wonky, got plans to be re-applying for USDA rural development loan to buy a house in a year. The guy at 'main office' was nice, very professional with my wife. "Pssst, get a few more lines of credit before next year. Re-apply and I can only approve you," he told her. It is simply them needing a basis of credit for us. They don't want us going off the rails finance wise, yet need to see 'credit'. We both understand that, too. So, she has me in an apartment for a year. Then, I am hoping we get our loan/mortgage and find someplace out plumb and yon.

Yep, yep, going native. Reckon enough Scott in me and the wife is Elf, I can become one with the damn pesky Ninja Tree Assasins and hide in plain sight. Bad enough I do now at times and I seem to have that creepy 'silent' aura going on which lets me sneak up on folks without realizing I'm doing it. *chuckles* Now, you see why the FBI sends tenderfoots out my way with these new-fangled electronic Gila suits. I make like I'm sniffing the air, turn, smile, and wave. I can hear them thinking so loud. "Oh fuck! Oh shit! Do I move or do I stay frozen? Damn hope he doesn't smell that. Oh, gross that's shit in my drawers ... Argh!" *chuckles* Silly idjits, if they went old school they might have half a chance.

ETA: The electronic suits hum, they also flicker. Might be half deaf but can still hear the environment well enough to notice the hum. That and the sound vibrates, resonates and can be felt.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh yeah, a couple years ago I ordered some istick 30s with internal batteries, they got rejected in customs so fT shipped through some other country and it took almost 6 weeks to get here. I ordered a multimeter with a 9 volt battery and it took 4 weeks lol. So I avoid anything with batteries from FT now. I don’t know what kodi is haha
Kodi is an open source software media center, allowing you to access all kinds of content, including videos and music. You can run that content on any device of your choosing, including your TV, laptop, phone, tablet and others.
I use it to watch movies.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kodi is an open source software media center, allowing you to access all kinds of content, including videos and music. You can run that content on any device of your choosing, including your TV, laptop, phone, tablet and others.

ROFL! When I was a kid, I went to a daycamp called Kamp Kodi. :giggle:

Andria

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ah I see I thought it was some RBA or RTA lol. Makes sense now but wow you have this running on a raspberry pi? That’s some serious geekin’ Atchafalaya! :D

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah I see I thought it was some RBA or RTA lol. Makes sense now but wow you have this running on a raspberry pi? That’s some serious geekin’ Atchafalaya! :D
Yeppers! Fun stuff. I think I will watch "IT" this weekend. With a huge bowl of popcorn.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol! I never went to camp. Friends did, but not me. Maybe because we always went on vacation during the summer.

Well, the only overnight camping I ever did was with the Girl Scouts; my mom was much too broke to afford to send me to "away" camp. But, the Methodist church offers daycamps in a lot of venues; when I was a kid, in Dekalb county, that was Kamp Kodi -- which was actually great fun; we had archery (at which I sucked); "riflery" (BB guns) (at which I first discovered my natural talent for shooting); all sorts of "arts and crafts", and every afternoon, went to a local high school's nautitorium for Red Cross swimming lessons -- where I learned to tread water, and improved my swimming tremendously. :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was not allowed to join the scouts. They met at the Methodist church and methodists allowed drinking!
My parents did not want me to burn in hell for associatind with drinkers.

Lol it did not work:)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was sent to a few Christian bible camps for underprivileged children - mainly day camps

NO FUN - and most of their teachings did not stick either

VU Sponsors