Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just more days for me. Holidays lose something when one retires.
Good one, Bob.....:giggle:

For the record, I didn't do a damn thing today either.......:confetti:

Had someone from the right coast call me at 6:30 this morning, not realizing the left coast is a different time zone. Then I turned my phone off and went back to sleep. My mother is over 80 years old, if it wasn't for her, my phone would be off from 5:00 PM Friday till 8:00 AM Monday, provided Monday is not a holiday, then it would be off till Tuesday.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My mother is over 80 years old, if it wasn't for her, my phone would be off from 5:00 PM Friday till 8:00 AM Monday, provided Monday is not a holiday, then it would be off till Tuesday.

Could not pass up the words til Tuesday giving segue into an ear worm. :) Ha! Yes, I unleash the unholy ear worms as an act of terror. I will use weapons of mass distraction.

"Spork is great! Spork is wise! Praise the sacred beans!"

I will get into Limbo yet. Yay! :) ( Yes indeed, one must genuinely appreciate mediocrity for its inherient equanimity, such gracious splendor it does gleem. )

Merrrning everyone. I break down the middle shelling out :hug: :hug: s and :coffee: :coffee: where applicable and needed. Remember, gfy and Bob? Bob's your uncle.

( No. I'm not quite sure I'm doing well this morning. Everything is all muddled in a vicious blur inside. Lost dancing in a mine field but that seems on par for me. Coffee might help grounding & bearing. :) )

Ah. Coffee is good. :) Think I will go pretend to be Jubal Harshaw, now for a spell. "Front! Take this down, fire, a hero and a little girl named Mary with a dolly ..."

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We had yet another garage sale Saturday and on Sunday I gave away SEVEN full boxes of fake food - much to the consternation Mr Juicy - until I pointed out I was sick and tired of seeing him getting hauled off in ambulances and that next time might result in him never needing any kind of food at all or even worse: me feeding him the baby food of my choice after changing his diaper and wiping the drool off his chin
Poor Mr. Juicy....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good one, Bob.....:giggle:

For the record, I didn't do a damn thing today either.......:confetti:

Had someone from the right coast call me at 6:30 this morning, not realizing the left coast is a different time zone. Then I turned my phone off and went back to sleep. My mother is over 80 years old, if it wasn't for her, my phone would be off from 5:00 PM Friday till 8:00 AM Monday, provided Monday is not a holiday, then it would be off till Tuesday.
What? You are not a slave to your phone and must answer all calls immediately?
Me neither. If not for the wife unit there would be no cell phones in my household. Or would only be used on trips maybe?

Cell phones are programming out our ability to plan ahead.
Causing accidents and deaths on the highways.
Causing a massive outbreak of stinkfoot.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What? You are not a slave to your phone and must answer all calls immediately?
Me neither. If not for the wife unit there would be no cell phones in my household. Or would only be used on trips maybe?

Cell phones are programming out our ability to plan ahead.
Causing accidents and deaths on the highways.
Causing a massive outbreak of stinkfoot.

Remember what I said, about cellphones.... I can forgive it for being a phone, because it's actually a tiny computer I can take with me everywhere. I hate phones. I hate phonecalls. If I don't recognize the number -- or it says the infamous "Private caller"... I simply don't answer it, and then I add that number to my blacklist. :) The only reason I don't have it set to reject all "private callers" or numbers not already in my phonebook (contact list!), is because occasionally an extended-family member may call me. But I DO have my home phone set to reject ALL "private callers", mainly because it doesn't have the excellent goon protection that my cell does.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Omier in the mail!

Have it on the Coppervape with spaced paralell 25 ga SS316L coil in it. Workiing out to .3
Vapes NICE!
Might have to order a couple more.

And yes I finally have something with a Stabpiss topvcap....
:wait:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got my Omier in the mail!

Have it on the Coppervape with spaced paralell 25 ga SS316L coil in it. Workiing out to .3
Vapes NICE!
Might have to order a couple more.

And yes I finally have something with a Stabpiss topvcap....
:wait:

Stabpiss is soooo last summer. Fashion forward vapers are using ultosmalto and you need spinner to be truly hep

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I really want to be max annoying, I don't need a spinner, I just bounce a pencil, or tap it from side to side. It's free, we've already got a billion pencils. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I prefer rapidly clicking retractable ink pens

Oooh, another good one. :D A bouncing crossed leg is good too, or just bouncing your leg up and down from the ball of your foot. Drives people MAD. :giggle:

Andria

ETA: the sad thing is, I used to do ALL those things, which is how I know they drive people crazy -- my ex once told me I could make a cup of coffee nervous. :giggle: Since I cut back about 80% on caffeine, I don't really do any of those, at least not for more than a few seconds a time, if at all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the batteries in for the wifes deluxe power chair and got it running.
It is quiet as can be in the house.
And so far she has not broken much stuff practicing with it.

Next I need to build a Reese Hitch carrier for it and a permanent ramp at the back door to the sidewalk...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Next I need to build a Reese Hitch carrier for it and a permanent ramp at the back door to the sidewalk...

My mom got a power chair after her 2nd hip replacement... but never learned to drive it; she was much too big a spazz. :facepalm: My husband has played with it a few time, visiting at their house, and he thought it was the cat's pajamas, but my mom could never learn to handle it without hurting herself.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Could not pass up the words til Tuesday giving segue into an ear worm. :) Ha! Yes, I unleash the unholy ear worms as an act of terror. I will use weapons of mass distraction.

"Spork is great! Spork is wise! Praise the sacred beans!"

I will get into Limbo yet. Yay! :) ( Yes indeed, one must genuinely appreciate mediocrity for its inherient equanimity, such gracious splendor it does gleem. )

Merrrning everyone. I break down the middle shelling out :hug: :hug: s and :coffee: :coffee: where applicable and needed. Remember, gfy and Bob? Bob's your uncle.

( No. I'm not quite sure I'm doing well this morning. Everything is all muddled in a vicious blur inside. Lost dancing in a mine field but that seems on par for me. Coffee might help grounding & bearing. :) )

Ah. Coffee is good. :) Think I will go pretend to be Jubal Harshaw, now for a spell. "Front! Take this down, fire, a hero and a little girl named Mary with a dolly ..."

Always liked that song

Remember what I said, about cellphones.... I can forgive it for being a phone, because it's actually a tiny computer I can take with me everywhere. I hate phones. I hate phonecalls. If I don't recognize the number -- or it says the infamous "Private caller"... I simply don't answer it, and then I add that number to my blacklist. :) The only reason I don't have it set to reject all "private callers" or numbers not already in my phonebook (contact list!), is because occasionally an extended-family member may call me. But I DO have my home phone set to reject ALL "private callers", mainly because it doesn't have the excellent goon protection that my cell does.

Andria

Dont even know why I still have a cell phone as much as I hate talking on phones.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hope it helps her...and you :)

I always loved this awful commercial

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always liked that song

Bit of a story behind it. The lyrics were originally written as telling a story between two lady lovers. Marketing & the company who cut the recording required that be revised out of the song. I still enjoy the song as it is. Though, interesting knowing it was originally intented in another manner.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dont even know why I still have a cell phone as much as I hate talking on phones.

I definitely didn't get it for the phone part. :D But I got into ebooks, thx to the tablet that a very kind VU member PIFed me, but it was only WI-FI, so I needed a 4G connection for times when I had no wi-fi. Got a very small starter phone to see if I liked it, and I did, but tryng to read a book on that 4.5" screen was like trying to read a book on gum wrappers. :giggle: So for my xmas present, I got a great honking 6" phablet, and I like it a lot; it's big enough to make reading comfortable, roughly the size of a paperback's page, and pretty damn fast for a low-end phone ($99), so it's easy to use for looking shit up, when I'm out and about -- maps and store items, etc. And I don't really mind that it's a phone; sometimes that aspect has come in quite handy -- when we got that new loveseat back in the spring, the store reached me on my cell when I was out Krogering, to let me know it was in, which was nice.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep put em to work moving snow in the winter :)

They likely have optional gun racks for going bear hunting on those things.
LMAO!!! So much I could add to this post...............refraining
YJh3sbz.png
:teehee::teehee:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My thoughts and concerns to those in the path of Irma. She looks to be a real bitch...
I am sure there is no plywood, water, Milk, Bread, beer or cigs left to buy in FL.

Correct. Major lines at the few gas stations that still have gasoline, price gouging..four bucks/gallon.
Grocery store shelves are mostly bare- bottled water normally 6-10 bucks a case is going for $27.

There are lots of new people here who are paranoid and hoarding.
Thank you for your concern..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correct. Major lines at the few gas stations that still have gasoline, price gouging..four bucks/gallon.
Grocery store shelves are mostly bare- bottled water normally 6-10 bucks a case is going for $27.

There are lots of new people here who are paranoid and hoarding.
Thank you for your concern..
I lived in Tampa for 7 years. I know how it is.
Irma could be the worst hit that florida has taken in decades.
My genuine concern goes out to those hit by Irma.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Irma might even be a bigger bitch than Katrina... though the worst of Katrina's effects wasn't the storm itself, but the collapse of the levees. Looking at the map a minute ago on weather.com, I'd fear most for that little spit of land where Miami Beach sits... it could all be underwater.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The eye of Katrina never hit New Orleans. It went to the east of them. If I remember right the eye hit Waveland Miss. and pretty much wiped them off the map. New Orleans got some winds and torrential rains. I hope Florida lucks out and Irma turns enough where they wont have to deal with the eye.That is where the killer winds are.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The eye of Katrina never hit New Orleans. It went to the east of them. If I remember right the eye hit Waveland Miss. and pretty much wiped them off the map. New Orleans got some winds and torrential rains. I hope Florida lucks out and Irma turns enough where they wont have to deal with the eye.That is where the killer winds are.

From the forecast, it looks as if Irma will be downgraded to Cat4 by the time it hits FL, maybe even Cat3; definitely Cat3 by the time it hits N. FL/coastal GA. But it's gonna be horrible in S. FL.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They was saying earlier today the eye was 27 miles wide.

I hope with the forecast I seen that it just brushes Florida and then heads out into the Atlantic. A storm like that could cause one like Andria who lives a long way inland to have horrible weather. Dont need to see any of my fugee friends dealing with this storm.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They was saying earlier today the eye was 27 miles wide.

I hope with the forecast I seen that it just brushes Florida and then heads out into the Atlantic. A storm like that could cause one like Andria who lives a long way inland to have horrible weather. Dont need to see any of my fugee friends dealing with this storm.
Just watched Weather channel live coverage and they show it going eye right over miami and right on up FL and winding up in KY and missing the Carolinas.

Just educated guessing at this point though.

Lookout Andria!

Edit:
The eye is 27 miles wide but hurricane force winds extend far beyond that.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors