kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To the people who don't get the hating on ECF thing....and are blaming Joe. Let me make this perfectly clear....the VAST majority of vapers who have beeen around for a while, greatly dislike ECF. We just never had a forum to compete with ECF, which is why all of dealt with it individually. This is the first time we can all come together and express our disgust with how ECF is run....and we are OVER-JOYED with the fact that we finally have a home.

This didn't start with Joe....in fact, vapers have been disgruntled with ECF long before most of us knew about Joe's blog. ECF really is a forum run by nazis...and the ONLY reason many of us stayed is because of the huge volume of traffic and large member database. Whether we liked it or not, ECF had a monopoly on the e-cig forums, nothing else compared/competed.

If you don't believe me, next time you are in a brick and mortar vape shop, ask a few people what they think about ECF. Most will freely discuss just how much the mods are nazis....and why they dislike ECF. Hell, the few threads on this forum are a testament to the many people who have been disrespected by the mods on ECF.

Me personally, nothing terrible ever happened to me there....but I did have posts edited by mods, threads removed....and EVERY single time it happened, I never violated any forum policy. I don't want to spend my time on a community run by nazis. I mean come on, I had a thread deleted for talking about VOOPING for crying out loud. I was told vooping is immature, dirty humor, and won't be tolerated. Yes, I got *scolded* like a 5 year old child for using the word vooping.....If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about ECF right then and there....well....

Another time, back when I was helping the community with the vast amount of credit card fraud going on...one of the mods created a webpage with a list of questions that could possibly help us narrow down the source of the CC fraud....so I linked to the page in my signature. I had a mod remove it, and WARN me, yes WARN me that if I ever linked to that site again, I would be banned. Of course, I had to explain to the idiot that it was a mod higher up than himself who CREATED the page, and was happy that I liked to it. Did I get so much as an apology? Nope.

So again, I just want to help people understand that the animosity towards ECF has little to nothing to do with VaporJoe. All he did was provide the awesome community, with a forum that could potentially rival ECF, effectively giving those of us who cherish our voices and believe that we, as adults, are fully capable of moderating ourselves 90% of time, and don't need mods telling us which words, such as "voop" are inapriopriate for us to say or see others say.

i still am fond of ECF, much like a long term kidnap victim becomes fond of her captor. i have a lot of friends there....some who may never come here. so i will do the balancing act. and try not to bite either hand.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh, btw forgot to ask. did anything happen last night on there? i missed it. any gunplay or fisticuffs?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i still am fond of ECF, much like a long term kidnap victim becomes fond of her captor. i have a lot of friends there....some who may never come here. so i will do the balancing act. and try not to bite either hand.

That balancing act is difficult. I think you dither for a while on "were shall I post this?" and eventually settle on one place as home.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As someone so eloquently put it on the site I stole this from... "This gif should be titled 'Arguing on the Internet."

To. each their own. Stop painting over each other...and you can each have your half the proverbial pole/fence/building/internet (insert whatever half you want something of).

tumblr_n8gl9e2NwM1rfq4gvo1_500.gif

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where's the whiskey dammnit!

Here you are...

Glencairn_Whisky_Glass.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencairn_whisky_glass

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow that's some strong stuff! Tried to take a sip and it made my screen blurry!
..... oh, thats why :oops:

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh, btw forgot to ask. did anything happen last night on there? i missed it. any gunplay or fisticuffs?
There was a lot of

/feed cut off

Sorry about that. There was--

/feed cut off

God dammit. Let's try this agai--

/feed cut off

Sorry people we're going to--

/feed cut off

And so on and so fo--

/feed cut off

Jesus Christ! ANYWAY, Joe showed, ECF declined. Other than th--

/feed cut off

Fuck it. I'm out. Sorry.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well, alrighty then. but doesn't anyone else wonder if they are gonna try to do it again? or is it over and done with?

driter

Never should have been any drama to begin with. VJ should run his forum like he wants and leave it to ECF to run theirs. I hope it is over but I hear that round 2 will be next week.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Joe sort of created this situation himself by touting VU as an alternative to "that other, heavily moderated forum" leading up to VU's launch. Considering the number of disgruntled former members ECF has left in its wake over the years, it should come as no surprise that there were indeed people spamming Joe-related links throughout ECF upon VU's launch. I saw a few such posts before the ECF mods were able to delete them. I believe their actions were appropriate. I also believe it would be appropriate to de-censor Joe when this furor has died down and certain internet losers find some other meaningless virtual crusade to participate in.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, alrighty then. but doesn't anyone else wonder if they are gonna try to do it again? or is it over and done with?
I hope it's over, and everyone gets over it, and ECF either changes their ways or everyone comes here instead.

That's three wishes, right? I didn't go over?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yeah i hate to see a ginormous flame war between the two forums. while kinda entertaining for awhile, it really accomplishes nothing in the long run.

Im The Doctor

Member For 4 Years
I can't really blame ECF for not allowing people to promote their competition. ECF and VU are both for-profit businesses, so it only makes sense that you wouldn't allow people to use your space to advertise/promote someone else. To me, it's no different than Home Depot not allowing people to hand out Lowe's ads in their stores.

I do agree that the mods can be heavy handed and that people seem to go missing for no good reason. That being said, I don't think that ECF and VU have to be mutually exclusive. After all, most hobbies and interests have multiple competing sites, so it comes down to which you prefer. Ideally, there would be a free, open exchange of ideas and information, but when you throw money into the mix it tends to gum up the works.

So far though I have to say that I'm really liking VU better. Just seems to have more personality and a more relaxed atmosphere. Despite not having 230483 pages of rules, I still see people being friendly and helpful - just without all the heavy handedness

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a lot of

/feed cut off

Sorry about that. There was--

/feed cut off

God dammit. Let's try this agai--

/feed cut off

Sorry people we're going to--

/feed cut off

And so on and so fo--

/feed cut off

Jesus Christ! ANYWAY, Joe showed, ECF declined. Other than th--

/feed cut off

Fuck it. I'm out. Sorry.
Didn't miss much, We sent some Cyber girls, with Cyber Aids to there place. They liked it. We just have to cyber wait. :cool:

Reactions: jae

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah i hate to see a ginormous flame war between the two forums. while kinda entertaining for awhile, it really accomplishes nothing in the long run.
I, respectfully, disagree. I think the start of Vaping Underground will have a significant effect on the amount of people being banned in the future on ECF. I think we are likely going to see a bit more tolerance for infractions that would have resulted in an instant permaban before VU started. There is no way ECF will willingly give up members to VU with the type of banning practices that existed before. Especially when a simple dialog between ECF and the potential banee would have produced positive results, rather than a ban at the first infraction with no dialog or recourse. So yeah, I think ECF users will see a positive benefit to VU whether they come here or not. Of course I could be wrong, but with ECF being a fair size business venture I think this is likely considering the result of not trying harder to retain members will result in profit loss.

A bit off topic, but I also believe the total membership numbers touted by ECF includes all the banned members. That would be a significant difference in actual members judging by how hard and fast the ban hammer has been swinging there for years. I could be wrong, but I'd bet that is the case.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In any forums member count, there also are the inactive peeps.
For example, I'm still a member there, but I haven't logged in since 2012. Considering just how far back the forum goes, there must one hell of a lot of cruft.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
mr. drone, i could agree with your prognostication, but only if the moderators' handlers reign them in somewhat. there are a couple three that seem to be judge, jury and executioner on their own. if their "enthusiasm" for their jobs can be subdued, maybe what you portend might actually happen. :)

Reactions: jae

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To quote the Right Reverend Dr. Johnnie Fever

BOOGER!

My humble way of saying I have nothing of value to add here

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In any forums member count, there also are the inactive peeps.
For example, I'm still a member there, but I haven't logged in since 2012. Considering just how far back the forum goes, there must one hell of a lot of cruft.

so true, plus there are tons of people who sign up and post once or twice or never. but they remain on the membership roster.

driter

Seems to me that VU should concentrate on making the forum better and adding content rather than spending time on what ECF should, could, might, or may do. Funny as I was reading a thread here on mod building and links were given to ECF for more information. There should be information here, or it seems to me there should be those putting up the threads with the information.

No doubt that ECF makes money but so does VJ's forum. Funny how it seems that everything boils down to the $$. We vapors are just along for the ride.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the vast majority of people are able to self-regulate themselves on the internet just fine. Having moderated and maintained several communities myself over the years, I've learned that even the best forum is only as good as its most troublesome poster. For example, there will be spam accounts created at VU en masse for the sole purpose of promoting commercial interests. This will happen sooner rather than later. Once the Chinese factory reps sniff this place out, they will come hard, fast, and heavy (and you honestly can't blame them!). I'm sure that the VU staff has a plan in place to deal with this, but at some point they must regulate forum content at an appropriate level or this place will become a wasteland of spam and a haven for the damned.

As for non-spam content moderation, I volunteered for a while in a prominent and active community in which the administrator had enlisted staff consisting of both "moderators" and "enforcers." It was a fantastic system because "moderators" were simply that: They would step into disputes that were in danger of becoming a little too heated and encourage posters to tone things down. They could edit, but were denied higher-level privileges like banning and deletion. Those actions were the exclusive domain of the enforcers, who would only be called upon by moderators to act under circumstances that were deemed appropriate. This gave the moderation process a second layer of review instead of allowing just one guy to act as judge, jury, and executioner. During my stay of about three years there, I witnessed not a single accusation of staff corruption and only a handful of instances where community members felt slighted over some perceived wrongdoing by the forum's staff. It was a great community as a result!

Like it or not, ECF runs a tight fucking ship. If we're the vaping militia here at VU, they're the vaping marines over there. And that's okay with me. It's all about image, and ECF strives to promote a clean-cut, shoes-polished, bounce-a-quarter-off-your-mattress image so that people curious about vapor don't ask Google and leave with the impression that we're all a bunch of greasy, long-haired, pot smoking, foul-mouthed cretins. And that's okay with me.

And before someone gets all righteous on me, fuck off in advance, because I am a greasy, long-haired, foul-mouthed vaping cretin (decided to put the weed down years ago, but it was good times). Which is why I'm here to begin with. When I'm posting at ECF, I simply obey the house rules and I've never had anything but pleasant exchanges with the staff there. So yeah, I'm supporting both forums because each has something to offer. Any childish exchanges between the staff of the two will be met with harsh ridicule by myself. Over here. Because they'll ban me if I do it over there. :D

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got old because I figured out how to live a long time ago. Everyone has an asshole, and opinion. I listen and use the information to My advantage. I have seen many things in my time. I know I am one of a kind and try to act in everyone's best interest. Bitchin' is a hobby for some. Vaping is a hobby I caress. I don't need to push my hobby to make others believe what I do. I gave 6 pounds of tobacco to a person I like. When he decides to make a better life for himself I will introduce him to Vaping. Can't shove your ideas up my ass and expect me to conform. My hair & beard are my choice. You don't pay my bills, I do. When YOU pay my way, we will talk. A Bible is a book, a Church is a building. I agree with both. You may not. Plain & simple, I don't care. I am here to share about Vaping. My 2 cents.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i've seen more attitude here in 2 weeks than i did on ECF in one and a half years. ain't it great?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny as I was reading a thread here on mod building and links were given to ECF for more information. There should be information here, or it seems to me there should be those putting up the threads with the information.

No doubt that ECF makes money but so does VJ's forum. Funny how it seems that everything boils down to the $$. We vapors are just along for the ride.

And that I think is the point. I can link to informative posts and content from ECF on VU. I cannot link to informative posts and content from VU on ECF. Glad you brought this up. For us the forum members, who are here for information and the free exchanging of ideas, I prefer a forum that does the best job of providing me pertinent information. And yes I agree, it's about the money and that's why ECF will not allow a link to VJ or VU.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am So thankful to Joe & the team for giving us a place to be! I don't care about who rules the world, who is at war, or any of that shit. Did my bit. Got shot & lived. Get drunk, stoned, in my own home. Love Rock And other music, Vape my ass off, build coils, & am going to try Mods. Got 4 gallons of vg/pg from bulk apothecary. Nic from My Freedom smokes. If they didn't fuck up I would have ordered more. Their website is not my problem. I will have enough to vape the rest of my life by 2016. When the Gov takes hold of vaping. Mo $ yo. Give me, Give ME! I don't thank so. My Brothers & Sisters, I will share anything I can share with you. Respect me, I will Respect You. All I ask for.

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never should have been any drama to begin with. VJ should run his forum like he wants and leave it to ECF to run theirs. I hope it is over but I hear that round 2 will be next week.
oh for christ sake I hope not. Seems like Joe is right into the amateur dramatics. Please cant we just leave ECF alone. If you dont like them then shut the hell up. I was never a member of ECF, and personally couldnt give a damn what they do, have done or will do. Yes Joe is in this for the money, and quite frankly who cares, so good on him, I just wish he could grow up a little. Ok rant over, move on, nothing more to see here.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And that I think is the point. I can link to informative posts and content from ECF on VU. I cannot link to informative posts and content from VU on ECF. Glad you brought this up. For us the forum members, who are here for information and the free exchanging of ideas, I prefer a forum that does the best job of providing me pertinent information. And yes I agree, it's about the money and that's why ECF will not allow a link to VJ or VU.
Love is always free. I cannot help them who are to greedy to help their members. Smoking kills, We prevent that.

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love is always free. I cannot help them who are to greedy to help their members. Smoking kills, We prevent that.
I thought you said you were a Big BOLD Biker/Trucker Saddle, so why would you be afraid of tempting a cruel death by smoking cigarettes. Some would say you are a big girly hehe

EDIT - and just in case some here get all upset and overly dramatic - that was a joke ok

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh for christ sake I hope not. Seems like Joe is right into the amateur dramatics. Please cant we just leave ECF alone. If you dont like them then shut the hell up. I was never a member of ECF, and personally couldnt give a damn what they do, have done or will do. Yes Joe is in this for the money, and quite frankly who cares, so good on him, I just wish he could grow up a little. Ok rant over, move on, nothing more to see here.
I was told time after time, I could not make a motorized Trike. Schwinn Bicycle. Just won't work. I did and shoved it up their ass. Sold 3500 of them. Joe is just fuckin with them. I would fuck with them too. Payback is a Bitch, Ain't it.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought you said you were a Big BOLD Biker/Trucker Saddle, so why would you be afraid of tempting a cruel death by smoking cigarettes. Some would say you are a big girly hehe

EDIT - and just in case some here get all upset and overly dramatic - that was a joke ok
I am. You want to talk to me eyeball to eyeball I will be happy to give you my address. I tried to fuck myself to death once, but ran out of money. I still get xmas card from Nevada. .

zbannerman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ah so you are a lady, my apologies Ma'am

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

this place is only a couple weeks old....still an infant. how much information does an infant possess? give it some time, dear. ECF has a several years head start on VU. :)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, some Kid just tried to piss me off. He needs a whole lot more attitude than he has. Bet he went to his room to shine his Mod. rotfl

REPETE OFF3ND3R

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am. You want to talk to me eyeball to eyeball I will be happy to give you my address. I tried to fuck myself to death once, but ran out of money. I still get xmas card from Nevada. .
Whether here or not, someone finally recognized us here in NV! Where we love our guns, booze, women & motorized toys!

And still damn free to do so

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Little off topic but I had to put the first poster on Ignore because of the million of babbling post on this thread. Have to say it works great. Lot of sites when you ignore it still shows them in the thread and as a new post but here it completely removes them from your view here. Very nice! The functions os this site really work great, lot better than the Vbullentin ECF types.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Little off topic but I had to put the first poster on Ignore because of the million of babbling post on this thread. Have to say it works great. Lot of sites when you ignore it still shows them in the thread and as a new post but here it completely removes them from your view here. Very nice! The functions os this site really work great, lot better than the Vbullentin ECF types.

I have a couple people on ignore as well...I don't do that often, but every once in a while I find someone whose extreme views I just cant tolerate reading at all...

VU Sponsors