Become a Patron!

Ebay now banning mods and excessaries

Dan Az

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received this from ebay where I was selling mods and tanks, And I just wanted everyone to know that they are taking sides of the FDA ruling that was shut down by congress of trying to control the ecig market. I closed my account with them and I hope everyone else will do the same to send a message to them.I explained that the FDA was shut down on their attempt to control the market on false information by congress and that because of their apparent liberal decision to follow through with it anyway they have made a 3 million consumer mistake. Write them and tell them why you are shutting down your account and take a stand before it goes any further.We need to stand together on this one.
The following listing has been removed:

181431343545 - Innokin VTR, Stainless Steel with case

We noticed that item(s) offered for sale on this account weren’t listed in accordance with our Tobacco Products policy. We realize you may not have been aware of this policy, or that this may have been a simple oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings and to make sure they don't run into any problems. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.
Due to strict government regulations, eBay doesn't allow the sale of most tobacco products. This includes cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), herbal cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco.

The following items are not considered collectibles, and they are not allowed to be listed or sold on eBay:
- Cigars in cellophane wrapping
- Collectible tobacco, including a listing that describes the tobacco instead of its collectible packaging
- Tobacco products packaged in classic packaging
- Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) or e-cigarette accessories

You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened. Your listing must follow the guidelines below, and the guidelines must be included in the listing. Please refer to the policy page to find the guidelines and disclaimers you need to include in your listing.

If you include photos in your listing, you need to display the actual item for sale. Stock photos are not allowed.

For more information on this policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/tobacco.html

You listed an electronic cigarette or an electronic cigarette accessory. While we appreciate that you have chosen to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case. We attempted to call you to go over this information by phone but were unable to reach you.

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that future listings follow these guidelines. Keep in mind that if further items aren't listed in accordance with our policy, it could result in additional action including account restrictions or loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Learn more about the reasons why listings are removed:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/listing-ended.html

Thanks,

eBay

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mods, tanks, clearos, RTA's, RDA's etc are not e-cigarette products. They contain no tobacco or nicotine. E-cigs do. You need to list your items as such with a disclaimer. That is what many people are doing.

And if they are banning listings like this why are there still plenty of listings for hookahs and bongs ( bongs listed as water pipes)??? They are bought for pretty obvious reasons.

What a complete hypocritical crock of shit.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My open letter to ebay posted and tagging them on FB and Google+. I encourage you to do the same:

Hey eBay. Why are you banning listing for e-cigarette products and accessories but you still allow listings for hookahs and bongs (bongs listed as water pipes). There are thousands of active and sold listings for both. You are actually banning e-cig listings that are not even e-cigs. Mods, batteries and tanks ARE NOT e-cig products. They contain no tobacco or nicotine. They actually do not contain anything that is consumable. They are electronic devices and empty tanks. You need to quit jumping on the FDA bandwagon and not be so hypocritical. If you are going to ban listings that could be used for vaporizing purposes you need to also ban anything that can and are used for tobacco and illicit drug consumption.

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
They are banning ecigs and vaping equipment but send me 4 emails a day for Mech mods, clearomizers, nautulus, and batterys. I dont get it.

JapaneseOrganicCotton

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dan Az you should have not closed your account. It just shows we will lose the struggle in the end. You need to put a disclaimer up such as the one I use.
Also avoid using words like Vape or Clone . Use words like mechanical mod or style . As long as you can follow there guild lines you will be fine.

*This listing is a XXXXXX unit only. It does not contain nicotine, tobacco, or other regulated substances. Additionally, this product has legitimate uses that are not related to electronic cigarettes.Please do not purchase if you do not agree with this statement and are at least 18 yrs of age.We will not be responsible for any misuse of this product. Advanced Mechanical Mods, Not for Beginners. By purchasing this product, you have agreed with the above statement.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ebay banned these over a year ago. If you look closely at the categories that such things are posted in, and most descriptions of products...there is no mention of vaping, e-cigarettes...etc. You just have to be strategically vague in your descriptions. Again, this is not something they are just now doing.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats interesting that the ban everything tobacco but an unopened collectible with tobacco is ok? That's an odd thing to write into the rules immediately after you said absolutely everything tobacco is banned.

"You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened."

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thats interesting that the ban everything tobacco but an unopened collectible with tobacco is ok? That's an odd thing to write into the rules immediately after you said absolutely everything tobacco is banned.

"You may sell collectible packaging that contains tobacco if the package is unopened."
I have a vintage Victorian era bottle of laudinum....it still contains laudinum....but I abhor opiates and narcotics....but love the bottle.....catch where I'm going with this? I think the letter and spirit implies that one may not sell packets of cigarettes that are not available in a buyers locale. Or even more specifically....Cuban cigars to a country that has an intact embargo on such things. But a vintage Cuban cigar box that may have a few stray bits of wrapper stuck to the inside...or the oil residue, would be permissible.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ebay banned these over a year ago. If you look closely at the categories that such things are posted in, and most descriptions of products...there is no mention of vaping, e-cigarettes...etc. You just have to be strategically vague in your descriptions. Again, this is not something they are just now doing.

Right. I have had a couple of listings blocked, but careful editing got them through. We'll see how dedicated they become in their restrictions. But for now it's halfhearted and for corporate deniability only.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This has been going on for years. It used to be soooo much worse back in early 2012. Someone would post a double ego-t kit for 24 hour auction or buy it now and it would be taken down in 4 hours or less if no one bought it.

What happens sometimes is your competition doesn't like your lower prices or faster shipping and then they report you.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dunno... There are several listings that got closed after I bought. When I contact the seller, they claim ebay shut them down for the reasons above. Every one of them from a highly rated seller with disclaimers.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This has been going on for years. It used to be soooo much worse back in early 2012. Someone would post a double ego-t kit for 24 hour auction or buy it now and it would be taken down in 4 hours or less if no one bought it.

What happens sometimes is your competition doesn't like your lower prices or faster shipping and then they report you.
Agree... that is the most likely.. Most of the peeps I bought from that got shut down here and there DID have the best prices... Last one was the iStick full kit for $32 free shipping.. Got shut down 2 days after I bought it then the prices climbed on the selers still left selling it.

VU Sponsors