Easier to hold coil wrapping tools

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gripping things too tight makes my hands hurt, especially small things. So I took one of the screwdrivers that I wrap coils on, drilled a hole in the handle and put a screw in it. I only have to loop the wire around the screw once, and the screw holds the wire for me as I wrap. Here is a pic. I plan om doing this with the other screw driver i use as well. IMG_20151107_230221.jpg

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had to wrap wire around the handle of my flathead that I use for wrapping larger coils. Drilling the holes wasn't a problem, but the handle is so small in diameter I couldn't get a decent screw started. So I wrapped wire around, twisted it good and then tool the end that stuck out and curled it into a hook shape. Works fine.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kuro coiler!!!!
It is a kick ass tool but when I have wire that won't fit through the guide I have random pieces of metal with a handle bent to them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never touched a coil jig, been hand wrapping from day one and plan to stay that way. The only thing this little screw does is hold the wire in place, which allows me to hold the screwdriver much more lightly in my right hand. Before, I was pressing the end of the wire against the handle with my right thumb, which I found extremely uncomfortable. So basically this just makes things more comfortable. I ain't the greatest at wrapping, but I can usually work out all the hot and cold spots by tweaking and adjusting my coils while pulsing them, so its not a big deal to me.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never touched a coil jig, been hand wrapping from day one and plan to stay that way. The only thing this little screw does is hold the wire in place, which allows me to hold the screwdriver much more lightly in my right hand. Before, I was pressing the end of the wire against the handle with my right thumb, which I found extremely uncomfortable. So basically this just makes things more comfortable. I ain't the greatest at wrapping, but I can usually work out all the hot and cold spots by tweaking and adjusting my coils while pulsing them, so its not a big deal to me.
Oh I rarely use the tops. But the little slot out makes the wire super easy to hold. I've been looking for a screw driver with a handle bigb enough to drill out for my big builds cause the little slot has spoiled me
9f78f7a0beaa1d6b126424d8a90a9714.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My dexterity went out the window years ago and I just can't handle wrapping my own most days.But when I do wrap my own I always use my puck.I find that it's easy for me than using those other small coil jigs.

Here's the link below.

http://bit.ly/1RHqFuO

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Here is a set from harbor freight

http://m.harborfreight.com/16-piece-precision-screwdriver-set-4143.html

Notice the small black post in top right corner of case and holes in handles....meant to help turning. Unfortunately, I think only the nut drivers and allen ones have the hole, but not sure. Used to have this set but no longer do.

Instead of screws you could use roll pins.

If you primarily use micro/macro coils that are single wire (not parallel) kuro style coilers are nice. If you wanted to give this a try, id even be willing to install handles for you if you wanted....roll pins would be easy, but if you like screws, then they could be drilled and tapped. Since you brought it up, i'm gonna do it to mine, as it would make it easier.

VU Sponsors