Become a Patron!

Ear and Sinus pressure from certain tanks

Hey y'all

I'm relatively new to vaping, only been doing it for 3-4 months or so. Just gonna put that out there. I've been using 2 different tanks so far - the Aspire Mini Nautilus, and the Kangertech Subtank Nano. Love them both. The Nautilus is fantastic, but I'm starting to realize that the Subtank puts pressure on my sinuses and ears, like I'm in an airplane type of pressure. It's temporary; only lasts an hour or two unless I really hit it for a while. I also notice the two give completely different smoke types; the Nautilus is a tighter cloud, feels very similar to a cigarette to me. The Subtank feels more foggy.. definitely more vapor which I like, but it's not tight/compact like the other. That's really the best way I can describe it, its more like a light fog compared to a thick cloud. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, it's definitely not the juices I use. All my juices feel fine on the Nautilus. It's only when I switch to the other tank I begin to feel the pressure.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something different about the tank that just doesn't work with me? I feel like it shouldn't just be me having this problem.. why would one tank work great and the other make me uncomfortable?

Any tips or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot
Mase

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It sounds to me like your issue might be related to the difference in the air flow between those two tanks. Both tanks have a AFC (Air Flow Control), which can be adjusted to your liking. Play around with the air flow on the Subtank.
Talking about air flow, more air will make the vapor less dense (or like you say tight), unless you crank up the power, in order to produce more vapor.
Are you a mouth to lung, or direct to lung hitter?

It sounds to me like your issue might be related to the difference in the air flow between those two tanks. Both tanks have a AFC (Air Flow Control), which can be adjusted to your liking. Play around with the air flow on the Subtank.
Talking about air flow, more air will make the vapor less dense (or like you say tight), unless you crank up the power, in order to produce more vapor.
Are you a mouth to lung, or direct to lung hitter?

Hey Neunerball. I'm a mouth to lung guy. I do the suck in like a straw, then inhale.

Playing with the airflow helps, but not much. I'm still feeling the pressure when I do it.

Antispin

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi mase !

I'm facing the exact same problem as you ! I started vaping 10 days ago... the first 3 days were with a standard ego+kanger t2 and then I bought a Mini Volt with a Sub-tank on it with the coil at 0.8 and big airflow. I loved the thing and it produced big clouds. However, after one whole day vaping that thing, I started to get some weird feeling on my ear channels and it felt like I had constant air pressure on them. I even had some ringing for 2 consecutive nights.

I searched all around the web and found that there were 2 things I could try before quitting vaping.. Either I was allergic to PG or my body isn't meant to vape with sub-ohm tanks and huge airflows.

Today I bought a Nautilus Mini and 80/20 VG/PG juice and been vaping all day.... no problems at all ! I don't make huge clouds but they're big enough to be pleasurable and at 13W the vape is hot enough for me to feel very well. Even with the biggest air hole I can do mouth-to-lung and the taste is amazing.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll keep you updated ;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like you may have an issue with PG which can aggravate tinnitus. I don't know if this is something that can go away, but be aware it may be the PG.

Hhh

Member For 1 Year
Hi mase !

I'm facing the exact same problem as you ! I started vaping 10 days ago... the first 3 days were with a standard ego+kanger t2 and then I bought a Mini Volt with a Sub-tank on it with the coil at 0.8 and big airflow. I loved the thing and it produced big clouds. However, after one whole day vaping that thing, I started to get some weird feeling on my ear channels and it felt like I had constant air pressure on them. I even had some ringing for 2 consecutive nights.

I searched all around the web and found that there were 2 things I could try before quitting vaping.. Either I was allergic to PG or my body isn't meant to vape with sub-ohm tanks and huge airflows.

Today I bought a Nautilus Mini and 80/20 VG/PG juice and been vaping all day.... no problems at all ! I don't make huge clouds but they're big enough to be pleasurable and at 13W the vape is hot enough for me to feel very well. Even with the biggest air hole I can do mouth-to-lung and the taste is amazing.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll keep you updated ;)
Im also facing same things kept on vaping and ignored it and start to get louder 24h ear ringing and dizziness i wasn't sure it was the vape till i leave it down. .. also i notice when i smoke shisha with fruits flavours for long i got ear ringing but not with the original molasses. . Yes could be the pg in ecig and shisha
How is it going with u 80:20 mtl? Thanks

VU Sponsors