Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes emit very high formaldehyde levels only in conditions that are aversive to users: A rep

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do you think these are good news ? Only 32% less formaldehyde than regular cigarettes ?
Yes, because that was at the limit of power that whatever coil they were using would accept without creating a burnt tasting "dry puff". And even at that point, it's less than smoking. You want lower than that? Easy: Stay well below the amount of power your wick and coil can deal with.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, because that was at the limit of power that whatever coil they were using would accept without creating a burnt tasting "dry puff". And even at that point, it's less than smoking. You want lower than that? Easy: Stay well below the amount of power your wick and coil can deal with.
i.e. Temp Control FTW

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i.e. Temp Control FTW
Unless the temperatures in a particular setup have been independently measured and shown to match what the mod claims they are, Temp Control might lead to a false sense of security.

Personally, I'm not that worried about formaldehyde. Fact: Cig smoke has more of it than a properly functioning vape does, and formaldehyde wasn't very high on the list of concerns with smoke.

VU Sponsors